Jump to content

Just like the 3080, the 3070 dropped and sold out in minutes


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

  
no need to edit your post, you can admit to being a disgusting scalper :mjpls:

Fuck NVIDIA. I just didn't want to jinx myself until it says shipped on them :mjgrin: I wasn't planning on doing so until I got fucked with the 3080 on multiple occasions :mjgrin:

Edited by nitric
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess people weren't swayed all that much with the AMD press conference.

 

Then again, AMD did kind of screw up the pricing of their lowest end product that's supposed to compete with the 3070.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m gonna have to either get a Amd gpu or buy a cheap nvidia one just to get me going. My 980 is on its last legs and it’s gotten to the point where I can’t play almost anything without it crashing repeatedly. So damn frustrated at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I’m gonna have to either get a Amd gpu or buy a cheap nvidia one just to get me going. My 980 is on its last legs and it’s gotten to the point where I can’t play almost anything without it crashing repeatedly. So damn frustrated at the moment.

i dunno, something else may be wrong with your computer. possibly a faulty storage drive that is causing crashes.

 

I can still play alot of stuff with my 970 and am thinking of trying to knock out 1 or 2 PC games in November before finishing building my new PC for Cyberpunk.

 

I just got Mafia through Gamefly for the PS4, and I might try to play that game quickly.

 

hell, if Mafia PC version is anything like Mafia 3, there's probably already a pirated version online right now

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ..... said:

No they don't, the 6800 and 6800 XT come out November 18th.

I don't trust AMDs Ray Tracing capabilities.

 

Playing CP77 without RT on. :omglol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ike said:

I don't trust AMDs Ray Tracing capabilities.

 

Playing CP77 without RT on. :omglol:

Cyberpunk has confirmed that its using nVidia Ray tracing AND DLSS.

 

That's the deciding factor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ..... said:

RTX is just DXR lol...

 

Funny hearing you say this now after arguing with me for so long that AMD's RT implementation was going to make Nvidia's obsolete and that it was proprietary garbage :ben: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jehurey said:

i dunno, something else may be wrong with your computer. possibly a faulty storage drive that is causing crashes.

 

I can still play alot of stuff with my 970 and am thinking of trying to knock out 1 or 2 PC games in November before finishing building my new PC for Cyberpunk.

 

I just got Mafia through Gamefly for the PS4, and I might try to play that game quickly.

 

hell, if Mafia PC version is anything like Mafia 3, there's probably already a pirated version online right now

 

This happened on my old PC and its now happening on my new one. But every other part in it is brand new, the video card is the only component i've re-used.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

 

This happened on my old PC and its now happening on my new one. But every other part in it is brand new, the video card is the only component i've re-used.

y'know, they do say that "clean electricity" that is delivered by a high quality power supply does make a difference over the long-term. Consistent stable voltages leads to computer components having longer-term reliability.

 

Could be that your original power supply in your older computer had shaky voltages when powering your video card.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

y'know, they do say that "clean electricity" that is delivered by a high quality power supply does make a difference over the long-term. Consistent stable voltages leads to computer components having longer-term reliability.

 

Could be that your original power supply in your older computer had shaky voltages when powering your video card.

 

I doubt it, but i've had enough. I just bought a 1660 TI OC and will use that until Nvidia gets their shit together. My cousin is in need of a new video card so ill just sell it to him once I have a 3xxx card.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...