Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

So how is Biden going to take on both COVID and the dwindling economy?

Since he repeatedly attacked Trump for supposedly failing at both, what exactly is his magical plan for succeeding at both?

Is he just going to 'listen to the science' and inevitably force another lockdown, which will wreck the economy again and just put us back at square one?

Or maybe by then he'll be able to rely on the vaccine from Operation Warp Speed (a Trump Administration initiative) to try to limit the virus' spread and stabilize the economy.

Please help me out here, because I don't see any viable options that Trump didn't already try, and is currently trying. Surely he wasn't just telling people what they wanted to hear in hopes of being elected President? A honest politician like Biden would never do that im sure.....

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's worry about that covid-19 medicine later twinkie and take your other medication now.

No, he's got an actual plan.   You have nothing but pathetic attempts at concern trolling, and I'm calling you out on it.   In fact, you attempt this again, I'll call it out every

You know things is bad when even Malakius is slam dunking on you

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Since he repeatedly attacked Trump for supposedly failing at both, what exactly is his magical plan for succeeding at both?

Is he just going to 'listen to the science' and inevitably force another lockdown, which will wreck the economy again and just put us back at square one?

Or maybe by then he'll be able to rely on the vaccine from Operation Warp Speed (a Trump Administration initiative) to try to limit the virus' spread and stabilize the economy.

Please help me out here, because I don't see any viable options that Trump didn't already try, and is currently trying. Surely he wasn't just telling people what they wanted to hear in hopes of being elected President? A honest politician like Biden would never do that im sure.....

He's going to handle it better than Trump did.

Assuming Trump doesn't wreck it even more by January 20. Which he almost certainly will.

Quite frankly, you're obvious attempt concern trolling doesn't belong on this board, and this thread should be locked.

And its ironic, especially considering you acted like you knew all the answers about this virus, up until 2 days ago, now you're suddenly filled with questions.

35 minutes ago, jehurey said:

He's going to handle it better than Trump did.

Assuming Trump doesn't wreck it even more by January 20. Which he almost certainly will.

Quite frankly, you're obvious attempt concern trolling doesn't belong on this board, and this thread should be locked.

And its ironic, especially considering you acted like you knew all the answers about this virus, up until 2 days ago, now you're suddenly filled with questions.

So in other words you have no argument just like Biden has no real plan.

Got it.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Got it.

No, he's got an actual plan.

You have nothing but pathetic attempts at concern trolling, and I'm calling you out on it.

In fact, you attempt this again, I'll call it out every single time.  You're not here for actual discussion.

All of a sudden, after 8 months.........you SUDDENLY have questions about the coronavirus? After repeatedly not listening to the tons of information we've posted time and time again?

Nuh uh.......I'll shut that bullshit down, every time. And you have no one to blame but you for having no credibility on this subject.

• dead 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Got it.

Here you go. I've posted it before but you ignored it.

The Macroeconomic Consequences: Trump vs. Biden INTRODUCTION In this analysis we assess the macroeconomic consequences of the economic policies proposed by the presidential candidates. During their campaigns, President Trump and Vice President Biden have put forward a wide range of proposals to change the tax code, government spending, and other economic policies.

https://www.moodysanalytics.com/-/media/article/2020/the-macroeconomic-consequences-trump-vs-biden.pdf

3741857-realgdp.png

3741858-jobscomp.png

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Got it.

Twinblade.....you made this post before and I posted links to Biden's Covid19 plan.... which is on his freaking website..... Google Exists. 

Go read and educate yourself and stop asking people to spoon fed you. 

1 minute ago, Substatic said:

The Macroeconomic Consequences: Trump vs. Biden INTRODUCTION In this analysis we assess the macroeconomic consequences of the economic policies proposed by the presidential candidates. During their campaigns, President Trump and Vice President Biden have put forward a wide range of proposals to change the tax code, government spending, and other economic policies.

https://www.moodysanalytics.com/-/media/article/2020/the-macroeconomic-consequences-trump-vs-biden.pdf

3741857-realgdp.png

3741858-jobscomp.png

Watch as he mysteriously manages to gloss over this post.

But ultimately the answer is pretty clear. A hard 4 to 6 week shutdown is not going to hurt the economy any more than a hobbling 3-4 months period that we are currently experiencing in which we're still getting 700,000-900,000 unemployment filings every week.

That's what every other country did. We might as well time a hard lockdown with a stimulus for all people and small business, and major businesses. And we need to coordinate our health professionals and essential personell to perform the biggest mass testing operation and contact-tracing operation in history.

That's nurses, that's mailmen sending out the tests, that is enacting the Emergency Powers Act to get multiple manufacturing companies to create the highest-quality possible test, and create a quick infrastructure to distribute the tests, have them administered, and turned them back to a healthcare professional. And then have all available medical labortories on hand and give them the proper testing equipment in order to get the test results done as quickly as possible.

It may not be possible to do all 50 states at once. So do the 10 highest infection states. OR maybe the best thing to do is choose the 10 most "uncertain" states and test them quickly so that we can immediately find where the infection spots are and stop the spread there, as we move onto the next 10 states.

9 minutes ago, Substatic said:

3741857-realgdp.png

3741858-jobscomp.png

That doesn't take Covid into consideration, you do realize that right? 

How he is going to stomp out Covid AND bring the economy back simultaneously. If he can blame Trump for everything, then he must have a plan to bring everything back to normal.....at the same time.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

How he is going to stomp out Covid AND bring the economy back simultaneously. If he can blame Trump for everything, then he must have a plan to bring everything back to normal.....at the same time.

His chart clearly shows that it doesn't matter if the economy is PARTIALLY hobbled, or SEVERELY hobbled........it "bounces" back at almost the same rate.

You're not paying attention.

If it bounces back the same, then you might as well do a hard lockdown and just time it properly with a stimulus to help people recover coming out of the lockdown.

24 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I'm simply showing you how Biden's plan is better for the economy.

Edited by Substatic

What the fuck did Trump do for the economy? In like 4 years he only eliminated any regulation McConnell told him too and created hot/cold tariffs that cost the economy billions of dollars but then he lies and tells the Red Hat Retard Army that China sends America a check and he's sending that money to farmers as some sort of recompense while in reality those were bailouts because he was fucking them over for multiple seasons. 

The most infuriating thing about Trump is he's now made truth, facts, and history all perception instead of reality. Of course all of his supporters were stupid and uninformed before but he made them even dumber telling them self-aggrandizing lies.  Like what kind of cuck supports a man who just sits around all day either bragging or whining about his life. All these supposedly smart of tough guys white knighting for some fat asshole with a fake tan. 

I dont know what Joe Biden is going to do with either but what the fuck is the difference? I mean we wont have a President lying, shilling unproven meds, offering retarded suggestions like drink bleach, fucking spreading COVID all over the country, dead beating cities and counties out of millions of dollars because he believes that anything he does as President is on the country's tab, 

When people toute MAGA they're basically saying "Well I'm stupid, selfish, easily manipulated, lacking in empathy (except for Trump?) dotish, and can't think for myself."  When he first ran Trump complained that "America isnt a bully any more, we dont bully anyone.". Like this sick fuck is a 70 year old grandpa who thinks being a bully is a good thing. What the fuck was even Trump's platform this cycle? The man's entire campaign act was saying stupid shit like "Since I became President, you dont have to flush your toilets 15 times anymore."...He's said this multiple times, always to cheers.  Like he became President and some how controls everyone's toilet and bathtub water pressure. Twincuck is always posting stupid shit like Biden ordering a Big Mac at Burger King while Donald Trump is literally dissing the cities he's in, lying about COVID, taking crowd reactions to decide who he's going to fire for not kissing his ass, and grooming them with lies about election fraud just because his ego would never allow him to admit he lost. 

Trump is a fucking embarrassment of historic proportion. In 50 to 100 years from now people wont be talking about Biden, Clinton, Boris Johnson, Jung Un, or Saddam, or even MBS in the top of most absurd historic leaders.  History is going to look at what an embarrassment this country was during these years. Nixon's ghost must be dancing in his grave that such fucking degenerate like Trump came along and will forever be the American symbol for corrupt power. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
  • Like 1