PS5's UI is a mess

1 minute ago, bhytre said:

PS5 is a mistake :dame: 

Isn't the PS5 coming out in a few days? I swear this new gen feels like such a non-event Jesus :tom: 

It is unfortunately. I can't wait to play Demon's Souls but theres no denying that its just a pretty coat of paint over a 10 year old game.

Theres just no real 'wow' factor this upcoming gen when it comes to games or features.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It is unfortunately. I can't wait to play Demon's Souls but theres no denying that its just a pretty coat of paint over a 10 year old game.

Theres just no real 'wow' factor this upcoming gen when it comes to games or features.

Not really any different than last gen though?

I mean the best launch game of last gen was fuckin resogun. Demons Souls would have easily been the best game on either of those consoles at launch so I’d say were off to a quicker start. It wasn’t until Bloodborne showed up that last gen really felt like it had started. Not to mention these two boxes aren’t outdated the day they arrive.

At least Sony has been willing to have PS5 exclusive games. The prominence of cross gen has really done a number on console launch hype. 

6 minutes ago, Casual said:

Not really any different than last gen though?

I mean the best launch game of last gen was fuckin resogun. Demons Souls would have easily been the best game on either of those consoles at launch so I’d say were off to a quicker start. It wasn’t until Bloodborne showed up that last gen really felt like it had started. Not to mention these two boxes aren’t outdated the day they arrive.

At least Sony has been willing to have PS5 exclusive games. The prominence of cross gen has really done a number on console launch hype. 

There were new games last gen that were technical showcases for what the systems could do. Killzone ShadowFall being the biggest as far as launch games were concerned. Miles Morales could have been a good showcase but its basically the same game on PS4 and PS5 (except with added ray tracing on PS5).

Astro's Playroom might also be up there though, just because of how it shows off the Dualsense's unique features.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

There were new games last gen that were technical showcases for what the systems could do. Killzone ShadowFall being the biggest as far as launch games were concerned. Miles Morales could have been a good showcase but its basically the same game on PS4 and PS5 (except with added ray tracing on PS5).

Astro's Playroom might also be up there though, just because of how it shows off the Dualsense's unique features.

Eh, think demons souls is pretty equal in terms of a technical showcase. And it has the added bonus of being a game worth playing.