Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

How can someone be Pro life but anti mask?

11 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Ok, now draw a similarity to mask wearing.

On one hand you're ok with terminating a life form because it's your body and your choice. On the other you're mandating masks to protect lives. 

And the flip side is the pro life people want to preserve life by banning abortions but are ok with not wearing masks which leads to deaths. 

9 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

On one hand you're ok with terminating a life form because it's your body and your choice. On the other you're mandating masks to protect lives. 

And the flip side is the pro life people want to preserve life by banning abortions but are ok with not wearing masks which leads to deaths. 

Having an abortion doesn't cause other people to have an abortion. Not wearing a mask means a person can spread a virus they might not even be aware they have. Masking wearing is more comparable to car insurance. It's for the driver's benefit, but also protects other people's interest in case of an accident. Mask wearing is for the health of everyone, not just an individual like an abortion would be. 

See, I just helped you to think through (sort of) about some of the dumb shit you say. You're welcome. 

1 minute ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

On one hand you're ok with terminating a life form because it's your body and your choice.

Pro choice generally doesn't recognize a fertilized egg/embryo/fetus as a human life, so your comparison is inherently flawed.

14 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Pro choice generally doesn't recognize a fertilized egg/embryo/fetus as a human life, so your comparison is inherently flawed.

Well I do recognize it as life :shrug: and I'm not religious in anyway either. It's a personal thing for me. 

8 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Well I do recognize it as life :shrug: and I'm not religious in anyway either. It's a personal thing for me. 

You're entitled to your opinion and I respect it. I'm not here to say your position is wrong, just that you can't suggest my position is contradictory with regards to masks when you aren't using my position to make the comparison.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

lol Can't get over how stupid this was. 

Because you see everything from one perspective and anything beyond your perspective is either wrong or more wrong.

You are vehemently pro choice and disregard the life it kills, you are vehemently pro mask and willing to save other lives by wearing one. 

Do you get it Sextina Aquafina? Yasss queeeeen

Edited by Cooke (not admin cant help
2 hours ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Because you see everything from one perspective and anything beyond your perspective is either wrong or more wrong.

You are vehemently pro choice and disregard the life it kills, you are vehemently pro mask and willing to save other lives by wearing one. 

Do you get it Sextina Aquafina? Yasss queeeeen

lmfao you've had multiple people explain why this analogy doesn't work and you're still reiterating in some lost cause hail mary. I'm prochoice because it's a woman's life that will forever be changed, which can include the future for someone else. It's her body and her life. It doesn't have any adverse affect on someone else. A person with COVID and no mask can cause other people to be sick or even die and they are only required to wear mask in the vicinity of others. 

Your problem is that you are one of those people who thinks they are so clever because they see problems on both sides. This whole stupid musing of yours requires drawing false equivalencies. The main coping mechanism of fence riders.