Jump to content

Remember when Xbox?


Recommended Posts

Had first party games like Gears of War, Halo 3, Forza 2 during the first year of the 360 (exclusively).

Had timed exclusivity deals on Elderscrolls, Mass Effect, Star Ocean and Bioshock.

Had third party exclusives like Dead or Alive, Ninja Gaiden 2, Dead Rising, Lost Planet and Tales of Vesperia.

Collaborated with third parties to make exclusive Xbox games like Ace Combat 6, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and Alan Wake.

 

And now in 2020 they release a platform with 0 first party games and 0 third party exclusives and 0 exclusives planned for the future. :lul: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

it's one of the most bizarre turnarounds in the gaming industry, it's as if one of the big 3 just disappeared overnight.

 

I haven't considered Xbox as a 'real' platform for almost 5 years now. Soon It will be going on almost a decade, in most people's eyes, since Microsoft has produced anything remotely worthwhile. If anyone here thinks they'll ever make a comeback it's impossible, they've literally been warming the bench for so long that no one will ever even care if they get their shit together, the brand has zero trust behind it and should be retired asap.

 

what a fall from grace for the history books. 

Edited by Bodycount N
Link to post
Share on other sites

:lul:

 

The only blessing of them blowing it this past gen is that they realized they have another platform that's actually successful and went all in on it. 

 

Now, us we would kindly like them to start making awesome games again. 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bodycount N said:

it's one of the most bizarre turnarounds in the gaming industry, it's as if one of the big 3 just disappeared overnight.

 

I haven't considered Xbox as a 'real' platform for almost 5 years now. Soon It will be going on almost a decade, in most people's eyes, since Microsoft has produced anything remotely worthwhile.

 

what a fall from grace for the history books. 

It's a silent suicide. Suckies X is the last Xbox console, guaranteed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i think what's most sad is how they get behind their yearly 'big' multiplat that they scrape out marketing rights for, like cyberpunk, or assasins creed last year, and just pretend it's an exclusive even though it's on PC and PlayStation, and they don't even have exclusive content for it or even a timed window.

 

it has to be one of the most pathetic business practices i could imagine in this industry, especially when this accompanies *0* first party games.

 

what a waste of space the Xbox is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

i think what's most sad is how they get behind their yearly 'big' multiplat that they scrape out marketing rights for, like cyberpunk, or assasins creed last year, and just pretend it's an exclusive even though it's on PC and PlayStation, and they don't even have exclusive content for it or even a timed window.

 

it has to be one of the most pathetic business practices i could imagine in this industry, especially when this accompanies *0* first party games.

 

what a waste of space the Xbox is.

And those marketing deals most likely aren't cheap. Probably enough money to invest into a mid budget exclusive title instead.

 

Although that practices definitely work, one of my casual friend the other day thought Ass Creed Vanhalen was a Xbox exclusive. 

 

But then again, he bought Ghost of Tsushima instead. :lul: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

lemmings are still holding out hope for a o go back to those glory days...... keep hope alive 😂🤣

It's all bout hobopass now. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They’ve released $1500 of the most useless hardware ever. :danylol:

 

 

And several people here have bought all of them. :lawl: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No.  I don't remember that. They didn't have Halo 3 the first year.  H3 came out the year when I decided to jump in, 2006.

 

They had Perfect Dark Zero. 

 

Remember when cows bragged about getting Virtual Fighter 5, back when devs were ignoring 360. 

Then a year later 360 got flooded with the best version.  
 

Virtual Fighter 5 Online,  the exclusive 360 version with online gameplay.  :glad:

 

Remember when Bioshock was exclusive on X

 

Remember when Mass Effect played like a legit WRPG,  when it was original and exclusive on X.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop said:

I make more than that per week, you act like we're kids without money...

So you just make poor financial decisions instead? :omglol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

No.  I don't remember that. They didn't have Halo 3 the first year.  H3 came out the year when I decided to jump in, 2006.

 

They had Perfect Dark Zero. 

 

Remember when cows bragged about getting Virtual Fighter 5, back when devs were ignoring 360. 

Then a year later 360 got flooded with the best version.  
 

Virtual Fighter 5 Online,  the exclusive 360 version with online gameplay.  :glad:

 

Remember when Bioshock was exclusive on X

 

Remember when Mass Effect played like a legit WRPG,  when it was original and exclusive on X.

 

 

PD0 was awful. :D But whatever.

 

We played VF5 Online that one time, and I kick your butt with wolf. haha, dunno why I remember that.

 

Bioshock, Oblivion, Mass Effect were legit some of the biggest games back then and MS had their hold on all three of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

PD0 was awful. :D But whatever.

 

We played VF5 Online that one time, and I kick your butt with wolf. haha, dunno why I remember that.

 

Bioshock, Oblivion, Mass Effect were legit some of the biggest games back then and MS had their hold on all three of them.

Getting Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey was also HUGE.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...