Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Georgia runoff election thread (2 seats decide which party controls the senate)

21 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Anyone who thinks a one party system of government with no checks and balances is good doesn't deserve the oxygen they breathe.

You're cheering for party over country and have put us in a prime position for rights to be infringed. As shitty as some Republicans have been in certain regards; a Republican controlled senate has kept leftist extremism at bay.

This is going to have a classic ending where a few years down the road moderate Democrats are going to regret what they've created.

Oh cry me a river with that "bbbbut why you cheering this" :awww: .   Where you saying the samething when Trump got elected and the republicans had both the senate and the house? 

and it's ironic you're saying a few years down the road moderate democrats are going to regret what they created.... when in fact that EXACT SAME SCENARIO is happening for the republicans as we speak. 

The republicans are now regretting the monster they created with Trump and the Alt right. 

Since 2016 Republicans have lost;

The house in the midterm elections (2018)

The presidential election (2020)

and now the Senate (2021)

and now Trump and hia cult are literally trying to destroy the republican party from within. 

They got what they deserved. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Biden won DeKalb early person votes by 68 points in November.

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Trump and Mitch killed the Republican Party and only have themselves to blame.

No they haven't. People need to stop pretending that Republicans were good before Trump. Nothing has changed with the Republican party in the past 40 years. 

Trump was a symptom not the disease. 

31 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Anyone who thinks a one party system of government with no checks and balances is good doesn't deserve the oxygen they breathe.

You're cheering for party over country and have put us in a prime position for rights to be infringed. As shitty as some Republicans have been in certain regards; a Republican controlled senate has kept leftist extremism at bay.

This is going to have a classic ending where a few years down the road moderate Democrats are going to regret what they've created.

sorry, your bullshit isn't working.

and YOU were openly advocating for the elimination of the Democratic party, so that means YOU were perfectly okay with a one party system of government.

In fact, you were basically admitting that you are okay with an authoritarian government that does not honor the most basic of democratic rules.

So you are basically calling your a disgrace to basic American values.

And secondly............there is no one party government right now. Last time I checked, there are 50 Republican Senators and 211 Republican House Congressmen.

So................how is that a "one party government", both parties have seats in government.

Go cry somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Trump and Mitch killed the Republican Party and only have themselves to blame.

Ultimately...........right-wing voters are to blame.

Mitch McConnell, or Donald Trump, or not even Newt Gingrich back in 1995..........NONE OF THEM invented "toxic partisanship."

NONE of them. The concept had long existed decades before they ever became involved in politics.

Toxic partisanship, otherwise known as "Tribalism" does not work..............unless YOU, the voter, wants it.

And that's the problem...............you, and people like you, welcome it.

You cheer it on.

You are 100% perfectly happy to see Republicans pull stunts that have no actual benefit to YOU, other than to "own da libs."

If you have a "own da libs" mentality...............you are the problem.

Mitch McConnell didn't create voters like you. You created politicians like Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump.

We have an entire fucking political party who doesn't need to have ANY political ideology except one thing: oppose Democrats. And they managed to get 74 million people to vote on that platform.

You could make partisan hacks like Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz, Louie Gohmert, and Donald Trump disappear and leave politics. All you have to do is abandon tribalism and demand more from politicians. But you want tribalism. They are selling something that you were  actively looking for.

Edited by jehurey

Here we go. Only now when it’s Democrats does this become an issue. Reminds me of the debt which I hadn’t heard one word about in the past 5 years but now it’s being brought up, and will become a regular talking point again on conservative media

10 minutes ago, Delita said:

Here we go. Only now when it’s Democrats does this become an issue. Reminds me of the debt which I hadn’t heard one word about in the past 5 years but now it’s being brought up, and will become a regular talking point again on conservative media

After over $1,000,000,000,000 was given in tax breaks to the wealthiest Americans. Republicans so full of shit. :mj:

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Ultimately...........right-wing voters are to blame.

Mitch McConnell, or Donald Trump, or not even Newt Gingrich back in 1995..........NONE OF THEM invented "toxic partisanship."

NONE of them. The concept had long existed decades before they ever became involved in politics.

Toxic partisanship, otherwise known as "Tribalism" does not work..............unless YOU, the voter, wants it.

And that's the problem...............you, and people like you, welcome it.

You cheer it on.

You are 100% perfectly happy to see Republicans pull stunts that have no actual benefit to YOU, other than to "own da libs."

If you have a "own da libs" mentality...............you are the problem.

Mitch McConnell didn't create voters like you. You created politicians like Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump.

We have an entire fucking political party who doesn't need to have ANY political ideology except one thing: oppose Democrats. And they managed to get 74 million people to vote on that platform.

You could make partisan hacks like Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz, Louie Gohmert, and Donald Trump disappear and leave politics. All you have to do is abandon tribalism and demand more from politicians. But you want tribalism. They are selling something that you were  actively looking for.

lmao get the fuck off your high horse with that ‘ Bu you created these politicians’ bullshit. The Republican Party was the only sane choice for this country until a few idiots went off the rails and dragged it down. I will still gladly vote republican in the next election regardless of who the candidate is.

17 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

lmao get the fuck off your high horse with that ‘ Bu you created these politicians’ bullshit. The Republican Party was the only sane choice for this country until a few idiots went off the rails and dragged it down. I will still gladly vote republican in the next election regardless of who the candidate is.

You just proved his point 😂🤣

22 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I will still gladly vote republican in the next election regardless of who the candidate is.

When I'm right, I'm right.