Persona 5 Royal will waste your time for 80 hours and lock you out of the true ending if you don't rank 3 specific character's social links

what a rip off. 80 hours of my life i will never get back and i'll remain 1 or 2 trophies shy of the platinum. 

the entire 3rd semester (The new content for Royal, like a new endgame mode, literally the reason this new version of the game EXISTS) is completely locked out if you don't rank up 3 nobody background characters.

while you're building up social links with your party, and mackin' the hot dames, this game locks the true ending, and pretty much all of its new content behind leveling up relations to max WITH THE SCHOOL GUIDANCE COUNCILLOR! :D 

Fuck this game. I loved every minute of it but this is honestly one of the most insulting things i've ever experienced. 

I will never replay this game so i'll just have to youtube the ending. what a catastrophic design decision that completely sullied this experience.

Edited by Bodycount N.S
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there is 0 explanation which is the biggest piss off.   this is like when the timer runs out in dead rising and you 'fail' the game, just instead of losing 5 hours of progress you lose 80

well if anyone plays this game, make sure to max out Goro Aekichi, Kasumi, and the guidance councillor or else you're fucked and just wasting your time.   good luck even remembering who thes

Lmfao, I think I got 103 hours on the clock before I stopped playing because I was losing interest.  That counselor is already gone from school, does he even come back?  And who would want t

Yeah I would like to see them update the way they handle their time management. Like I completely understand not allowing the player to do everything, that makes you really have to weigh your choices and adds to the replayability . But at the same time they shouldn't lock main story content behind those choices, especially if they're easy to miss or not properly explained.

there is 0 explanation which is the biggest piss off.

this is like when the timer runs out in dead rising and you 'fail' the game, just instead of losing 5 hours of progress you lose 80

i've literally been playing this game since early December, 2 months of my time invested to see the end and now i can't even without putting another 80 hours in to RE-DO the entire game.

what a fucking nightmare :D calling it quits on this game.

• Geese 1
1 hour ago, Bodycount N.S said:

well if anyone plays this game, make sure to max out Goro Aekichi, Kasumi, and the guidance councillor or else you're fucked and just wasting your time.

good luck even remembering who these people are with all these Japanese names :D 

fuck this game.

I am playing the original Persona 5.

Lmfao, I think I got 103 hours on the clock before I stopped playing because I was losing interest. 

That counselor is already gone from school, does he even come back? 

And who would want to max out with Goro Akechi, lame ass twink detective I'd punch his face in irl what a fucking bitch :hest:

I'll probably never come back to finish it then, so lame :|

Makoto still remains my waifu though :dreamy:

Kasumi can get it too :aitch:

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Lmfao, I think I got 103 hours on the clock before I stopped playing because I was losing interest. 

And who would want to max out with Goro Akechi, lame ass twink detective I'd punch his face in irl what a fucking bitch :hest:

yyeah. You sound like you hate it. 

48 minutes ago, kokujin said:

yyeah. You sound like you hate it. 

I really enjoyed this weeb simulator actually B)

Though the combat is often too easy, I would have preferred something else than turn-based gameplay. 

You'll never see it co-miiiiiiiiiiiiiing :smoke:

Edited by bhytre

I beat the game and had 0 issues maxing out the characters to get the full ending. Lol @ anyone who can’t successfully do it :D if anything, it’s easier to max them out, and your skills, compared to the original.

1 hour ago, bhytre said:

You missed the best parts. And yes, the counselor returns. 

3 hours ago, bhytre said:

I really enjoyed this weeb simulator actually B)

Though the combat is often too easy, I would have preferred something else than turn-based gameplay. 

You'll never see it co-miiiiiiiiiiiiiing :smoke:

I should tell my friend the shits about 80 hours wasted. No it was funny reading your threadpost. full of hate yet actually love.  I think I'm getting Cpunk again today. Got really lucky. Somehow imported from yup Japan in 3 days. It's already in mah citty!  also, bout to enjoy that vid lol. can already tell from the thumbnail wht to expect. 

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I beat the game and had 0 issues maxing out the characters to get the full ending. Lol @ anyone who can’t successfully do it :D if anything, it’s easier to max them out, and your skills, compared to the original.

there's like 20 different characters and goro is the biggest bitch. the game purposely makes you hate/avoid him. who would want to level up this clown? :rofl: 

Guidance councillor also disappears permanently after dungeon 6 so you can't go back and see him after november 17. unless you got him to max by then you don't get the 3rd semester/real ending.

LAME