Justice League Snyder cut

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I tried those old movies they're too cheesy to sit through now but I agree Reeve killed it  

The Boys is the best superhero franchise

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Women ruin everything incels like. 

No shoehorned ridiculous studio ordered scenes ruin things. 

Don't try and turn this into a smug SJW holier than thou thing you're on the wrong forum and you're not equipped enough to debate anyone past Dyno's IQ. 

Edited by Vini
18 hours ago, Vini said:

No shoehorned ridiculous studio ordered scenes ruin things. 

Don't try and turn this into a smug SJW holier than thou thing you're on the wrong forum and you're not equipped enough to debate anyone past Dyno's IQ. 

You childishly used aggregated scores of multiple people as a singular niche mindset. Using a scene that was simply fan service for popular limited Marvel team to double down on it. 

5 minutes ago, Vini said:

Critics reviewing it well but it doesn't matter what they think they lost all credibility with me on BvS

Lol BVS was even several times worse than justice league and nearly ruined the DC movieverse. You have the worst taste in everything. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol BVS was even several times worse than justice league and nearly ruined the DC movieverse. You have the worst taste in everything. 

Nope. Extended edition is a 8/10 movie. Awesome deconstruction of superheroes and how people would react to them. 

I also hope hope you're not talking about the original JL which was one of the worst movies ever made. 

Edited by Vini

Y'all listen to critics too much rewatch BvS Ultimate Edition and tell me that's not a bad ass deep dive into human psyche in the presence of a godly being. Basically Watchmen but even more depressing.

Edited by Vini
3 hours ago, Vini said:

Nope. Extended edition is a 8/10 movie. Awesome deconstruction of superheroes and how people would react to them. 

I also hope hope you're not talking about the original JL which was one of the worst movies ever made. 

I'm talking about the ultimate edition that managed to be worse than the theatrical cut since the additional footage only added more stupid shit that made even less sense. 

I'm sure you think it's deep because it's recycled trash made by a hack that thinks he's a genius for people even less talented and dumber than he is. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I'm talking about the ultimate edition that managed to be worse than the theatrical cut since the additional footage only added more stupid shit that made even less sense. 

I'm sure you think it's deep because it's recycled trash made by a hack that thinks he's a genius for people even less talented and dumber than he is. 

I thought the movie made a lot more sense extended, I rewatched it recently. Which parts are you referring to? The part with Superman interfering in Africa and causing casualties is a really important new scene because it escalates the growing public and political animosity against him. Superman traveling to Gotham asking around about Batman and then finding out about his violent vigilante ways was also really important to Lex Luthor then successfully pitting these two against each other. Not to mention Louis Lane is actually useful in the extended version and not just a throwaway character. 

Did you watch the right version?

Edited by Vini
27 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I don't even know what to make of this statement I mean shouldn't all filmmakers be more talented at making films than film goers? Otherwise what would be the point? 

Also Snyder always seemed like a humble dude to me, your description doesn't add up to reality. The guy makes comic book movies and he does an awesome job at it, nobody ever claimed he's Fellini or Einstein 

Edited by Vini
36 minutes ago, Vini said:

I thought the movie made a lot more sense extended, I rewatched it recently. Which parts are you referring to? The part with Superman interfering in Africa and causing casualties is a really important new scene because it escalates the growing public and political animosity against him. Superman traveling to Gotham asking around about Batman and then finding out about his violent vigilante ways was also really important to Lex Luthor then successfully pitting these two against each other. Not to mention Louis Lane is actually useful in the extended version and not just a throwaway character. 

Did you watch the right version?

I'll use the batman branding as something that was dumb, made dumber by the fact that Lex was doing it to make batman look bad? 

It's stupid with little attention, then when you have scenes of the character being transferred around from crime screen, to police station, to actual jail with no shirt on?

All so Snyder's stupid audience doesn't forgot its the same guy I suppose. They also explain its only happened like twice, with actual evidence that Batman was like making this happen?

Or why prisoners would even kill someone because batman branded them? Like they would hate batman too. Did they have an arrangement? 

I could keep going on about how stupid and pointless this entire plotline was and why any editor would have cut it out. We don't need 3.5 hour movies that are only that long because the creator is a hack that needs twice as much real estate as a competent one to tell a terrible story. 

I can honestly write a book about how bad BVS was. 

On 2021-03-14 at 2:01 PM, Vini said:

Y'all prolly watched that shitty mervelized Joss Whedon version and liked it lmao

50 minutes ago, Vini said:

I don't even know what to make of this statement I mean shouldn't all filmmakers be more talented at making films than film goers? Otherwise what would be the point? 

Also Snyder always seemed like a humble dude to me, your description doesn't add up to reality. The guy makes comic book movies and he does an awesome job at it, nobody ever claimed he's Fellini or Einstein 

Lol you're actually acting like he's a better director than Whedon? Yeah OK. And he's terrible at making comic book movies. 

Marvel was able to make 20 successful movies using 2 comic book events. Snyder raped The Dark Knight Returns, Injustice, 

and Death of Superman to make one terrible movie. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
9 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I'll use the batman branding as something that was dumb, made dumber by the fact that Lex was doing it to make batman look bad? 

It's stupid with little attention, then when you have scenes of the character being transferred around from crime screen, to police station, to actual jail with no shirt on?

All so Snyder's stupid audience doesn't forgot its the same guy I suppose. They also explain its only happened like twice, with actual evidence that Batman was like making this happen?

Or why prisoners would even kill someone because batman branded them? Like they would hate batman too. Did they have an arrangement? 

I could keep going on about how stupid and pointless this entire plotline was and why any editor would have cut it out. We don't need 3.5 hour movies that are only that long because the creator is a hack that needs twice as much real estate as a competent one to tell a terrible story. 

I can honestly write a book about how bad BVS was. 

Wow you wrote 5 separate paragraphs for something that can be explained in a sentence: Batman brands the worst of the worst criminals, in this case child sex traffickers. They tend to get shanked in prison. 

That further enflames Superman knowing every branded criminal that gets sent in probably gets roughed up even worse. Part of Batman's arc is refusing to brand Lex at the end symbolically giving up this barbaric practice. 

But none of this explains your ridiculous claim that the ultimate edition is inferior to the theatrical which literary nobody else agrees with you on. There's countless reviews out there stating otherwise. The one example you brought up of "Batman branding" was still in the theatrical cut but with less context. 

Edited by Vini

I just got done watching BvS Ultimate Edition just now.

And the thing is. What exactly CAN Zack Snyder or any director possibly do with the premise?

Batman vs Superman is like going straight from Iron Man to the 2012 Battle of New York in Avengers. in under 3 hours. Its even harder than that. Aliens already exist and already wrecked havoc in the opening scene.

Christopher Nolan would've failed with this premise. If you try to ground it in reality, what are you going to do with Superman, or Wonder Woman? And how are you going to give them an adequate conflict?

So the movie requires fantasy sci-fi from the very beginning, and the whole movie is an exercise of trying to explain a way with how Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor can create the conflict.

To tell you the truth I like the first half of the movie. I like the somewhat hyper-real world, but everybody is still just talking and setting up the pieces for the eventual fighting. Its still restrained in the first half. Feels very Zack Snyder Watchmen-ey when they are doing the investigative stuff.

I also find the dream sequences to be interesting, but what I am really am thinking about is "what the fuck is Zack Snyder working on existing comicbook properties that will not be gritty, bloody, bleak R-rated movies, why doesn't he just create a totally separate thing in which he can incorporate these R-rated bleak world". That post-apocalyptic dream sequence with the cities completely exploded and pillers of fire in the distance, and there's MGS4-like paramilitary groups getting into fire fights, as these insect creatures start coming in. That's interesting, I just don't think it belongs in a Superman/Batman movie.

I saw this on reddit and I agree. Zack Snyder, the director, can really be fantastic sometimes.

Zack Snyder, the writer and storyteller, simply doesn't make much sense.

Its a flawed premise. You cannot make a movie in which you get Batman to fight Superman without trying to force something stupid to happen.

• Vini changed the title to Justice League Snyder cut