Series X/S to start rolling out Dolby Vision support - works with any game that supports HDR

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jehurey is a real life Martin from the Simpsons     

That wouldn't happen because nobody invites you to parties.  

So why haven’t they? I’m sure they also can do expandable storage too.. oh wait

9 hours ago, ghostz life matters said:

What games on XSX are designed with DV in mind? None. How would you expect it to work at a game level if none are coded to? :D 

but XSX will apply it at a system level and support future games that have it coded into them. Ps5 won’t, tho. 

why do you keep on saying that I "expect it to work at a game level"

when I've already typed this?

22 hours ago, jehurey said:

of course it would have to be applied at a system level?

How would it be applied at the game level?

its a CONSOLE FIRMWARE update, right? what level do you think that represents?

And............"as I stated"..........the author is saying its clearly not working as intended.

do you have stupid short-term memory, or something?

There are rarely, if ever, going to be games that are designed to have Dolby Vision..............they'd have to pay Dolby a licensing fee.

Did you not think about that part?

Why would they do that.............when they could just design it around HDR10 which is an open-standard?

So the Xbox will be "converting" it, and if the conversion is not accurate, then you are playing with broken HDR:drake: Which it currently is.

8 hours ago, Cooke said:

Jehurey is a real life Martin from the Simpsons 

Martin.jpg

so.........the smart kid?

man, there's plenty of worse ways to insult someone. And you clearly don't know many of them.

9 hours ago, ghostz life matters said:

I have a cx as well, from the impressions, same as reg hdr

No, you don't know that at all.

If you don't see the "Instant Game Response" window show up at the top right corner of your LG OLED when its in Dolby Vision mode, then you're not getting low-lag mode.

1 minute ago, JonbX said:

TRRRRRRIIIPPPPLLLLEEEE BUTTTTHURRRRTTT

LOL this is the best he could do.

While also still avoiding me.

Usually when you want to emphasize that somebody posted three straight times, I would put all three quotes together to emphasize that. Anyways, maybe you can pull it off competently next time.

12 minutes ago, jehurey said:

so.........the smart kid?

man, there's plenty of worse ways to insult someone. And you clearly don't know many of them.

The smart kid.. sure. Lets go with that. 

4 minutes ago, Cooke said:

The smart kid.. sure. Lets go with that. 

unless you somehow failed to interpret the Simpsons, that's the main thing about the character.

You even posted a photo of him showing off that he knows something that the other kids don't. LOL

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

No, you don't know that at all.

If you don't see the "Instant Game Response" window show up at the top right corner of your LG OLED when its in Dolby Vision mode, then you're not getting low-lag mode.

But you do. It pops up right before just like with hdr

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

I just read that Dolby Atmos for headphone is a paid service and theres a trial that comes free with the Xbox headset

The New Xbox Wireless Headset Comes With 6 Months Of Dolby Atmos - Xbox News (purexbox.com)

This is insane if it becomes a trend though. Are companies really going to start monetizing audio features?

Yeah I paid for it. I'd like to use my Atmos system 

9 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Yeah I paid for it. I'd like to use my Atmos system 

what?

you have a Yamaha recaiver that can decode atmos, right?

are you saying that you paid for the Dolby Access app in Windows 10?

Because Dolby Atmos for Home Theater is free, because Yamaha already paid for the codec. The app should even tell you that it is free.

It is only if you connect your headphones to your PC, that is where they sell you Doby Atmos virtualization for headphones.

Just now, jehurey said:

what?

you have a Yamaha recaiver that can decode atmos, right?

are you saying that you paid for the Dolby Access app in Windows 10?

Because Dolby Atmos for Home Theater is free, because Yamaha already paid for the codec. The app should even tell you that it is free.

It is only if you connect your headphones to your PC, that is where they sell you Doby Atmos virtualization for headphones.

Dolby Atmos on Xbox requires payment for a one-time license fee. 

• 7 months later...
On 2021-03-22 at 7:37 PM, Twinblade said:

I just read that Dolby Atmos for headphone is a paid service and theres a trial that comes free with the Xbox headset

The New Xbox Wireless Headset Comes With 6 Months Of Dolby Atmos - Xbox News (purexbox.com)

This is insane if it becomes a trend though. Are companies really going to start monetizing audio features?

Those audio codecs were never free, companies paid for the license and consumers ate the cost in the price of the product. 

MS is now pushing the cost of the codec on the consumer while not dropping the price of the product.... Scummy bastards