Reading Wake Up by Piers Morgan

Great book. He identifies himself as a liberal but has absolutely no tolerance for what modern liberalism is becoming, including the cancel culture trend. I recommend it if you need something new and interesting to read

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-03-29 at 12:28 AM, Cooke said:

He's so fucking annoying though 

Hes very confrontational and intense when getting his point across. I just finished the book and it was a pretty valuable read though. I didn't always agree with some of the arguments he would make but that just highlights the while point of the book and what it stands for: Exposing cancel culture and the damage its doing to our democracy & free speech rights.

43 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Hes very confrontational and intense when getting his point across. I just finished the book and it was a pretty valuable read though. I didn't always agree with some of the arguments he would make but that just highlights the while point of the book and what it stands for: Exposing cancel culture and the damage its doing to our democracy & free speech rights.

Remember 4 or 5 years ago people were saying "oh this shit will die down, it's just university campuses".

But of course the kids graduate and become adults and get jobs at media companies and in government or become teachers themselves and promote more of this Stalinist Marxism authoritarian bullshit. It's going to get worse before it gets better. 

1 hour ago, Cooke said:

Remember 4 or 5 years ago people were saying "oh this shit will die down, it's just university campuses".

But of course the kids graduate and become adults and get jobs at media companies and in government or become teachers themselves and promote more of this Stalinist Marxism authoritarian bullshit. It's going to get worse before it gets better. 

But the thing is that the silent majority is actually against cancel culture. Its just a small group of people whos toxic opinions are amplified because of social media. And then you have the fact that even though the majority are against it, they can't actually express their thoughts because then they'll make themselves targetsand be shamed as racists, bigots, transphobic, etc just for not conforming to the same hive mentality.