MLB The Show is coming to Game Pass day 1

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

gamepass only provides "best bang for your buck" ............if you somehow decided to become a hardcore game in the year 2019 and haven't played games that most gamers have already played in years past.

So in other words, mormon guys who stopped being religious and left their church and family and got an apartment recently. Gamepass is a fantastic rental service to catch-up.

Microsoft first party games aren't worth $180 in rental fees.

Old games.............are old games. Almost all of us already own most of those Bethesda games.

And the rest of the games on Gamepass is the type of stuff that Humble Bundle sells for $12 a month..........but at least you OWN it when Humble bundle gives you the product keys.

I cannot imagine some of these guys here when they realize they've crossed over $300 in money they've paid for games they do not own. And the moment they stop paying, they don't have anything.

And we already know Microsoft is looking to raise the subscription cost.

Imagine when Jehurey discovers that there's such a thing as new gamers... and generations of kids that don't give ONE SINGLE FUCK about owning physical games.  Tons of people who don't want to have "back catalogs of shit they never will play"...  Tons of people who just want to try out a bunch of stuff they probably never would have if they had to pay full price or wait for it to drop in price later.  $10-$15 a month... if you're a sports gamer.. that saves you ALL that money and is worth it alone...  Nobody gives a shit about owning out of date Sports games.. and nobody wants to buy out of date sports games either.  This solves that problem for those people.

Phil Spencer TOLD YOU Jehurey... he FUCKING TOLD YOU... that this wasn't REPLACING the traditional model.. but augmenting it and giving people CHOICE.

Kinda like you have the choice to not be a butthurt bitch about this... but you made the choice to be anyway :rofls: 

Edited by Remij
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Show's Over  

Cows literally getting hit with a pitch with this one. One of their top exclusives, now available on another platform... for FREE

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Imagine when Jehurey discovers that there's such a thing as new gamers...

not enough to sustain the service.

No, there is no such thing as a "new gamer" who suddenly starts spending a $500 Xbox, and starts spending $15 a month to discover that they've never played any of the 100+ games that are on the service.

Its silly to think that you think they are all out there.........and they don't already own Nintendo Switches. or previous Playstation systems.

It only works............if GamePass grows.

Disney Plus went from zero subscribers in 2019.

To 30 million subscribers before the pandemic in February 2020

To 95 million subscribers as of the beginning of 2021.

How much has Gamepass grown since 2018? (or has it been in service since 2017?)

Just now, jehurey said:

not enough to sustain the service.

No, there is no such thing as a "new gamer" who suddenly starts spending a $500 Xbox, and starts spending $15 a month to discover that they've never played any of the 100+ games that are on the service.

Its silly to think that you think they are all out there.........and they don't already own Nintendo Switches. or previous Playstation systems.

It only works............if GamePass grows.

Disney Plus went from zero subscribers in 2019.

To 30 million subscribers before the pandemic in February 2020

To 95 million subscribers as of the beginning of 2021.

How much has Gamepass grown since 2018? (or has it been in service since 2017?)

Let Phil be the judge of that.

And sweetie... there's 2 billion gamers.. and 150m of them are on console...

There's LOTS of room to grow.

And hun... GP IS growing.  And deals like this are going to make it grow more and more.

LOL but don't worry... I've completely noticed that you've switched topics from "what Game Pass provides"... to "how sustainable it is"... Sorry little boy, but MS has crunched the numbers... and they're a lot better at it than you are.

Kinda like when you and other playstation idiots claimed that MS needs to keep Bethesda multiplat for it "to work and make sense" :drake: 

:rofl: 

Let Phil be the judge of that.

Sorry..............that's not a good enough answer.

And ultimately, this is how you are basically relying on ridiculous dreams.

What you are telling me........WITHOUT ACTUALLY typing it..........is that you are saying:

"well.........Microsoft iz big company.......dey losemoney.........becuz they iz Microsoft......dey can lose money 4ever to win at vidya gamez!!"

C'mon dude............at least be man enough to admit that is what you attempting to say.

Isn't it?

You don't actually want to say it, because the moment you do, you know I can easily smash that argument.

Its not sustainable.

Both Sony and Nintendo are selling tons of games and consoles and breaking records in each.   Gamepass is not something they're willing to take a loss on for years and years to hopefully turn it into something equally as profitable. 

MS is willing suck up the loss leader that is gamepass in hopes that eventually it becomes something hugely profitable for them.   

Sony and Nintendo has no need to jump on this when their current models are leading the industry by a country mile. 

Just now, jehurey said:

Sorry..............that's not a good enough answer.

And ultimately, this is how you are basically relying on ridiculous dreams.

What you are telling me........WITHOUT ACTUALLY typing it..........is that you are saying:

"well.........Microsoft iz big company.......dey losemoney.........becuz they iz Microsoft......dey can lose money 4ever to win at vidya gamez!!"

C'mon dude............at least be man enough to admit that is what you attempting to say.

Isn't it?

You don't actually want to say it, because the moment you do, you know I can easily smash that argument.

Its not sustainable.

Yes it is a good enough answer.

I don't HAVE to give a shit how it works for the company.  I base it off the value it offers as a consumer... lmao.  MS can do this all year sweetie....  Your entire argument has switched from "It's not a good value" to "it's not a good business move for MS" :drake: 

Stick to the fucking topic clown.  GP is smashing that ass up for Value to the consumer.. but because you're so butthurt about Phil and Xbox, you're taking the brunt of it in your face instead :mj: 

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Both Sony and Nintendo are selling tons of games and consoles and breaking records in each.   Gamepass is not something they're willing to take a loss on for years and years to hopefully turn it into something equally as profitable. 

MS is willing suck up the loss leader that is gamepass in hopes that eventually it becomes something hugely profitable for them.   

Sony and Nintendo has no need to jump on this when their current models are leading the industry by a country mile. 

..........and we already know Microsoft is AWARE is not sustainable.......because they already tried to sneak in a price increase by DOUBLING the price of Xbox Live Gold.

We're talking about a large corporation.

XBL Gold's price change went through countless meetings and approvals.

They moment they did it and saw the recoil at an increase of $5 a month, they backed away.

That's how fragile GamePass is currently at the moment........they genuinely thought that increasing $5 through another service might actually disrupt growth in GamePass.

Remember...........Sony and Nintendo can make HARDWARE loss-leaders...........because they make the money back through software.

If software becomes a loss leader, how do you get the money back?

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The problem is that they will have need.  As Game Pass continues to grow, and MS continues to make it attractive for developers and consumers.. then people start to question why they are paying $70 for a game they play once or twice, and then shelve.

Kinda like how Steam sales and other methods of getting games for cheap, has eroded the value of games on Steam.  Why games go on sale much quicker than they ever used to.  Why 95% of Steam is a cesspool of shit...

MS is changing the game.  They are putting their might into making that happen.  Sony and Nintendo simply can't do what MS is doing right now.  And as you said, they currently have no reason yet... but MS is doing everything in their power to change that.

And like I said, with cloud gaming and owning a specific platform to play specific games will become a thing of the past.  Sony is ALREADY heading in that trajectory.  

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yes it is a good enough answer.

No it isn't.

You don't have an answer to my very straightforward and logical questions.

Because you already know that I am successfully pointing out the flaws in Gamepass

It isn't a good value.............to people who are already hardcore gamers.

The bethesda games being added means nothing.....if you already played bethesda games.

You guys keep on talking about the "value".......in a vacuum.

You don't exist in a vacuum. You're paying $15 and hyping new games being added that you ALREADY PURCHASED years ago. Explain the value in that?

You can't.................not without making up some 20 year old guy who's never played video games before 2019.

Just now, jehurey said:

..........and we already know Microsoft is AWARE is not sustainable.......because they already tried to sneak in a price increase by DOUBLING the price of Xbox Live Gold.

We're talking about a large corporation.

XBL Gold's price change went through countless meetings and approvals.

They moment they did it and saw the recoil at an increase of $5 a month, they backed away.

That's how fragile GamePass is currently at the moment........they genuinely thought that increasing $5 through another service might actually disrupt growth in GamePass.

Remember...........Sony and Nintendo can make HARDWARE loss-leaders...........because they make the money back through software.

If software becomes a loss leader, how do you get the money back?

^It's not for me to worry about.  What don't you get about that?

You JUST spoke about Disney+...  MS is in the process of growing the user base.  And while they aren't meeting YOUR arbitrary goals you've set up (retarded ones at that, because unlike Disney+ Xbox's primary revenue is through physical and digital game sales and nobody actually buys movie discs anymore lmao) they are growing time and time again.  You said after the $1 thing went away that MS would lose tons of "subs" and yet they are still growing.

You're just mad because MS has the might to make that happen.. because they can afford to lose money until it becomes profitable for them.  

As a consumer... I don't give a fuck and you shouldn't either :lul: 

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

The problem is that they will have need.  As Game Pass continues to grow,

There is no indication that GamePass is growing at a rate in which its creating its own market.

Once again. Netflix and Disney Plus is already entering TRIPLE DIGIT MILLIONS

HBOmax has gotten to 37.7 million subscribers by its first QUARTER.

Show me GamePass's growth.

If you ever watched an episode of Shark Tank, ever, the person is talking about how cool and innovative their product is, and they immediately get cut off by the rich billionaires who ask "what are you numbers?"

So................"what are the numbers"?

^It's not for me to worry about. 

You're defending the service.

So..........I'm not asking you to worry...........I'm asking you to respond to the flaws.

They are flaws until you can argue otherwise.

And it appears that you can't even provide a defense at all.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

There is no indication that GamePass is growing at a rate in which its creating its own market.

Once again. Netflix and Disney Plus is already entering TRIPLE DIGIT MILLIONS

HBOmax has gotten to 37.7 million subscribers by its first QUARTER.

Show me GamePass's growth.

If you ever watched an episode of Shark Tank, ever, the person is talking about how cool and innovative their product is, and they immediately get cut off by the rich billionaires who ask "what are you numbers?"

So................"what are the numbers"?

It's funny you think MS hasn't done the numbers :mj: 

Keep worrying about shit you have no idea about... while others enjoy the VALUE that is GP :drake: 

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

The problem is that they will have need.  As Game Pass continues to grow, and MS continues to make it attractive for developers and consumers.. then people start to question why they are paying $70 for a game they play once or twice, and then shelve.

Kinda like how Steam sales and other methods of getting games for cheap, has eroded the value of games on Steam.  Why games go on sale much quicker than they ever used to.  Why 95% of Steam is a cesspool of shit...

MS is changing the game.  They are putting their might into making that happen.  Sony and Nintendo simply can't do what MS is doing right now.  And as you said, they currently have no reason yet... but MS is doing everything in their power to change that.

And like I said, with cloud gaming and owning a specific platform to play specific games will become a thing of the past.  Sony is ALREADY heading in that trajectory.  

Switch software CONTINUES to sell in the 10s of millions per title,  Hardware sales are ahead of both PS4 and Wii launched aligned. 

PS5 just sold the most launch consoles EVER while being supply constrained. 

You keep forgetting the major issue with gamepass.  EXCLUSIVE MUST BUY CONTENT that people want to play. 

MS recognized this that's why they're started buying up developers left and right in order to try to deliver the must have content.   

Until their first party start pumping out mass market World wilde must have games, GP will continue to be a loss leader. 

Of course Sony and Nintendo are dabbling into both streaming and subscription.... but they're not going to abandon their INDUSTRY LEADING RECORD BREAKING numbers and Switch over cold turkey to a gamepass model.... don't be naive. 

MS is investing into this and willing to lose BILLIONS in the hope of it paying off in the long run. 

Just now, Remij said:

It's funny you think MS hasn't done the numbers :mj: 

I love how you just tried to CHANGE what I said.

I said.............MS hasn't SHOWN the numbers.

You just tried changing it to "MS hasn't DONE the numbers"

I know that MS knows their subscriber numbers. Active subscribers, and people who ONCE had active subscriptions but then dumped the service.

MS doesn't want to reveal those numbers.

While other services like Netflix.

Like Disney Plus

Like HBOmax.

They don't mind casually notifying the press several times a year on their growth.

Just now, Goukosan said:

Switch software CONTINUES to sell in the 10s of millions per title,  Hardware sales are ahead of both PS4 and Wii launched aligned. 

PS5 just sold the most launch consoles EVER while being supply constrained. 

You keep forgetting the major issue with gamepass.  EXCLUSIVE MUST BUY CONTENT that people want to play. 

MS recognized this that's why they're started buying up developers left and right in order to try to deliver the must have content.   

Until their first party start pumping out mass market World wilde must have games, GP will continue to be a loss leader. 

Of course Sony and Nintendo are dabbling into both streaming and subscription.... but they're not going to abandon their INDUSTRY LEADING RECORD BREAKING numbers and Switch over cold turkey to a gamepass model.... don't be naive. 

MS is investing into this and willing to lose BILLIONS in the hope of it paying off in the long run. 

I'm not even sure the point you're trying to make to me.

I've already said.. as a consumer it's not my job to worry about it.  GP is an incredible value for the people that choose to use it....  That doesn't change because of Nintendo and Sony's success...

I'm 100% telling you though, that I believe that as MS continues to chip away at the market.. more and more people will question the value of spending $70 on every game.. or paying a sub fee as it suits them.

We've seen it before.  You guys even laugh about GP taking $70 sales away from MS... but then MS comes out and says people who sub to Game Pass play more games, and spend more money on games....

You guys don't have the numbers.... You need to stop thinking you are smarter than MS lol

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

And the thing is: where are they going to find subscribers.

Because the PS5 is pulling away from the XsS/XsX the same way PS4 pulled away from the Xbox One

What is concerning is that there are a HUNDRED MILLION PC's, right now, that can play almost all of these GamePass games.

Why isn't it spreading like wildfire in that space?

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I love how you just tried to CHANGE what I said.

I said.............MS hasn't SHOWN the numbers.

You just tried changing it to "MS hasn't DONE the numbers"

I know that MS knows their subscriber numbers. Active subscribers, and people who ONCE had active subscriptions but then dumped the service.

MS doesn't want to reveal those numbers.

While other services like Netflix.

Like Disney Plus

Like HBOmax.

They don't mind casually notifying the press several times a year on their growth.

Whether they've shown them or not makes no difference... they've DONE them.. and that's my point.. LOL

MS knows what it will take to make this type of service work... you need to stop acting like they still have no idea if it will work or not...

I'm not even sure the point you're trying to make to me.

I've already said.. as a consumer it's not my job to worry about it. 

Except you specifically DO WORRY about Sony, fron an analytical perspective.

WHen we ask you to address the flaws we see in GamePass...............you suddenly do the "I'm a consumer, I dun worry about that!" :trump2:line.