Jump to content

Who woulda guessed it? MS actually pulled it off


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Maybe for you. Personally I can't stand having my collection of games being selected by someone else and locked behind a monthly paywall.

 

I'm not saying it's not a good value proposition, nor am I saying everyone should think like me, it's definitely great for some gamers.

 

I mean, I already own %70 of the games on Gamepass, why would I even bother?

 

Also, I make decent money with the STEAM community market (roughly $2+ per day on average) so for me STEAM is the best value in gaming right now, plus the games are constantly on sale and you get free online. Most importantly though, I get my games when I want to, don't need to wait for them to be on Gamepass.

 

Good for you if you like Gamepass, but I'll pass. 😛 

Having GP doesn't mean u can't buy games . Steam sales aren't even good anymore. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm done with Playstation, man. I always loved their consoles the most because it had the best Japanese third party support (which are all on PC now) and even their first party from Japan (which are c

Lol the sheep even attack other sheep for liking xbox . What a bunch of goonies ROFL

Everyone here has multiple consoles 

7 minutes ago, kaz said:

lmfao it's true, since lemshites don't exist anymore sheep have to diss their own. :mj: 

Half the sheep here are lemshits and the other half hide behind ps5 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JonB said:

Half the sheep here are lemshits and the other half hide behind ps5 🤣

Everyone here has multiple consoles 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JonB said:

Having GP doesn't mean u can't buy games . Steam sales aren't even good anymore. 

Of course, that's not what I was trying to say.

 

Steam sales are still good, just go on Steam Database website to compare prices with previous sales, when it says it's the lowest price it's usually a great sale. Better than most sales I saw on PSN anyway.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cooke said:

Everyone here has multiple consoles 

 

Slow Jonny knows this ... he's been hiding behind PC for over a decade now :drake:

Edited by Goukosan
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Of course, that's not what I was trying to say.

 

Steam sales are still good, just go on Steam Database website to compare prices with previous sales, when it says it's the lowest price it's usually a great sale. Better than most sales I saw on PSN anyway.

 

 

Steam sales turn into a backlog of games u won't play 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JonB said:

Steam sales turn into a backlog of games u won't play 

Lol, yeah to some extent, I do play some old games from time to time though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ramza said:

Lol, yeah to some extent, I do play some old games from time to time though.

that doesn't mean it has to be old games. I played so many old games recently for the first time I bought on steam. I always play old games inbetween, it's mostly newer games that collect dust.

 

Arcanum for example, absolute masterpiece CRPG I played for the first time and I still replay neverwinter nights. Old games OWN

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ramza said:

Maybe for you. Personally I can't stand having my collection of games being selected by someone else and locked behind a monthly paywall.

 

I'm not saying it's not a good value proposition, nor am I saying everyone should think like me, it's definitely great for some gamers.

 

I mean, I already own %70 of the games on Gamepass, why would I even bother?

 

Also, I make decent money with the STEAM community market (roughly $2+ per day on average) so for me STEAM is the best value in gaming right now, plus the games are constantly on sale and you get free online. Most importantly though, I get my games when I want to, don't need to wait for them to be on Gamepass.

 

Good for you if you like Gamepass, but I'll pass. 😛 

If you own 70% of the gamepass, then gamepass is the best deal in gaming  for you lmao. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

If you own 70% of the gamepass, then gamepass is the best deal in gaming  for you lmao. 

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I owned most of these games before GP was even a thing, otherwise I got the games for cheap, sometime for even less than one month of Gamepass.

 

Only exception is when The Outer World and Wasteland 3 came out and was a day one Gamepass games. I bought them for PS4 and was like, damn, I could get that shit for cheap.

 

At the end of the day, the difference is I don't have to keep paying monthly fees to have access to my games. Let's say I want to replay the games sometime in a far future, in a year or two. By then the monthly fees will have made me pay the difference anyway. Meanwhile I can pay my games whenever I want for the rest of my existence

 

You guys don't seem to realize that, short term it's a fantastic deal, long term not so much. I think GP is good for casual gamers, people who don't give a shit to wait a couple of months or years before a game is available on the service, or someone who mostly play the latest MS first party games or someone who only buy a few games a year now.

 

$180 US a year to be at the mercy of MS. Fuck off. :kaz: I earn $700 CAD per year on STEAM that I can spend on any games I want, now that's a good deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ramza said:

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I owned most of these games before GP was even a thing, otherwise I got the games for cheap, sometime for even less than one month of Gamepass.

 

Only exception is when The Outer World and Wasteland 3 came out and was a day one Gamepass games. I bought them for PS4 and was like, damn, I could get that shit for cheap.

 

At the end of the day, the difference is I don't have to keep paying monthly fees to have access to my games. Let's say I want to replay the games sometime in a far future, in a year or two. By then the monthly fees will have made me pay the difference anyway. Meanwhile I can pay my games whenever I want for the rest of my existence

 

You guys don't seem to realize that, short term it's a fantastic deal, long term not so much. I think GP is good for casual gamers, people who don't give a shit to wait a couple of months or years before a game is available on the service, or someone who mostly play the latest MS first party games or someone who only buy a few games a year now.

 

$180 US a year to be at the mercy of MS. Fuck off. :kaz: I earn $700 CAD per year on STEAM that I can spend on any games I want, now that's a good deal.

Steam pays for itself:lawd:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Steam pays for itself:lawd:

I haven't counted but I pretty much got Persona 5 Strikers for free at this point. Booster packs were netting me a $2 profit each day during it's first few weeks. Now it's a lot less but I got some other games that still makes me profits.

 

Can't wait for Saga Frontier Remastered and NieR Replicant this month. Two more free games for me. :juggle: 

 

JRPGs has insane value for their cards. Well, at least the popular stuff.

 

The emoticons and wallpaper were also selling for $10 each. I swear some people are dumb as fuck with their money. :hest:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ramza said:

I haven't counted but I pretty much got Persona 5 Strikers for free at this point. Booster packs were netting me a $2 profit each day during it's first few weeks. Now it's a lot less but I got some other games that still makes me profits.

 

Can't wait for Saga Frontier Remastered and NieR Replicant this month. Two more free games for me. :juggle: 

 

JRPGs has insane value for their cards. Well, at least the popular stuff.

 

The emoticons and wallpaper were also selling for $10 each. I swear some people are dumb as fuck with their money. :hest:

I haven't ever really used the marketplace.  I have quite a bit of good shit too.  Tons of boosters.  I bet I could probably make over $1000 right now selling it all :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Remij said:

I haven't ever really used the marketplace.  I have quite a bit of good shit too.  Tons of boosters.  I bet I could probably make over $1000 right now selling it all :D 

Probably not worth that much because value drop a lot over time.

 

I understand why most people don't bother, it is slightly time consuming but when you know what you're doing, you can save some serious cash for your games.

 

If you're willing, I could sell it all for you and then buy whatever games you want depending on how much I can make. I've become quite good at this thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ramza said:

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I owned most of these games before GP was even a thing, otherwise I got the games for cheap, sometime for even less than one month of Gamepass.

 

Only exception is when The Outer World and Wasteland 3 came out and was a day one Gamepass games. I bought them for PS4 and was like, damn, I could get that shit for cheap.

 

At the end of the day, the difference is I don't have to keep paying monthly fees to have access to my games. Let's say I want to replay the games sometime in a far future, in a year or two. By then the monthly fees will have made me pay the difference anyway. Meanwhile I can pay my games whenever I want for the rest of my existence

 

You guys don't seem to realize that, short term it's a fantastic deal, long term not so much. I think GP is good for casual gamers, people who don't give a shit to wait a couple of months or years before a game is available on the service, or someone who mostly play the latest MS first party games or someone who only buy a few games a year now.

 

$180 US a year to be at the mercy of MS. Fuck off. :kaz: I earn $700 CAD per year on STEAM that I can spend on any games I want, now that's a good deal.

Sony doesn’t have Steam :blessed:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ghostz life matters said:

Sony doesn’t have Steam :blessed:

I'm done with Playstation, man. I always loved their consoles the most because it had the best Japanese third party support (which are all on PC now) and even their first party from Japan (which are currently getting the axe).

 

I didn't game on PS for the likes of Uncharted, Spiderman and Killzone if you know what I mean.

 

So they are really unappealing for me right now and PC/Steam is just too good, it would take some amazing PS5 exclusives to make me come back. Hell, I'd rather own a Switch than a PS5 atm. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ramza said:

I'm done with Playstation, man. I always loved their consoles the most because it had the best Japanese third party support (which are all on PC now) and even their first party from Japan (which are currently getting the axe).

 

I didn't game on PS for the likes of Uncharted, Spiderman and Killzone if you know what I mean.

 

So they are really unappealing for me right now and PC/Steam is just too good, it would take some amazing PS5 exclusives to make me come back. Hell, I'd rather own a Switch than a PS5 atm. 

Can’t blame ya for that. PS is in a bad spot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...