• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I need to get back to the gym   i got in much better shape last year when I was off work doing a 12 week challenge. Now I’m turning into TJ 

i started on 30 mins a week ago now up to this non stop rowing lol

🙂 still bro'ing  

Posted Images

i have a home gym, so it didn't affect me. i don't powerlift anymore. i just train for hypertrophy. i have 180 lbs adjustable dumbbells, a trx, pull up/dip station and resistance bands. if i want to hit legs heavy, i just work my way back up to doing lunges with 150 lbs. though, i rather stay around 100, and just do more reps. RDLs are great for hamstrings/glutes without needing to go super heavy. 

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i have a home gym, so it didn't affect me. i don't powerlift anymore. i just train for hypertrophy. i have 180 lbs adjustable dumbbells, a trx, pull up/dip station and resistance bands. if i want to hit legs heavy, i just work my way back up to doing lunges with 150 lbs. though, i rather stay around 100, and just do more reps. RDLs are great for hamstrings/glutes without needing to go super heavy. 

thats a good setup mate 🙂 180lb is good still...i have to admit not too bothered about going as heavy as can may if i was under 30 years old..

just takes too much of a toll,  rather just hit the bag learn some mma and train for conditioning 🙂 bands are pretty good, for rehab..i didnt have a bof enough area to train with them before..

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah, doing incline presses with 90’s is still a bitch. I actually just use 70’s, but I go slow and controlled, in the 8-12 rep range. I love my set up.  Doing reverse and y flies with the trx >>>> every rear delt/trap exercise. They are amazing for the aesthetic appearance of the shoulders and for shoulder health. 

• Like 1

I've been back on P90X3 for 2 months now (doing their 'Mass' calendar) and I was surprised at how much strength i've lost since dropping it. Its most noticeable when doing pull ups, I was never good at them but I can still only do half as many as I could do at my peak before I stopped just 7 or so months ago.

Oh yeah, doing incline presses with 90’s is still a bitch. I actually just use 70’s, but I go slow and controlled, in the 8-12 rep range. I love my set up.  Doing reverse and y flies with the trx >>>> every rear delt/trap exercise. They are amazing for the aesthetic appearance of the shoulders and for shoulder health. 

good stuff slow and steady wins the race 🙂

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I've been back on P90X3 for 2 months now (doing their 'Mass' calendar) and I was surprised at how much strength i've lost since dropping it. Its most noticeable when doing pull ups, I was never good at them but I can still only do half as many as I could do at my peak before I stopped just 7 or so months ago.

p90x3 sounds interesting, well its easily done to lose it all, but once you had it you can get it back mate.

Just now, Twinblade said:

@-GD-X what dumbells do you use? I've been buying them individually but I realized that its not only incredibly expensive nowadays, but they also take up a lot of space.

i have the bowflex 1090's. they are pricey - $660. the 552's (which go up tp 52.5 lbs per dumbbell) are $350. i tend to recommend the latter, unless you want to get huge. 

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

pull ups are like the upper body deadlift imo. i'm more impressed by how many pull ups one can do (with perfect form) than their bench numbers. 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

i have the bowflex 1090's. they are pricey - $660. the 552's (which go up tp 52.5 lbs per dumbbell) are $350. i tend to recommend the latter, unless you want to get huge. 

ahh thats still pricey.  The 552s seemed good but I don't plan on going over 50-60lbs for weights, so i think ill just buy a few more pairs.

ahh thats still pricey.  The 552s seemed good but I don't plan on going over 50-60lbs for weights, so i think ill just buy a few more pairs.

the 552s look sick as fuck. the whole 552/1080 line is pretty incredible. i love the engineering. plus, they save a shit load of space! 

im a 'hardgainer' with a small frame so i've been trying to bulk up a bit. Been eating like 5 or even 6 times a day since I started this session and so far i've gained 7lbs so I think im on the right track.

sounds good mate 🙂 keep going , 7lb is alot of muscle tissue

im a 'hardgainer' with a small frame so i've been trying to bulk up a bit. Been eating like 5 or even 6 times a day since I started this session and so far i've gained 7lbs so I think im on the right track.

if you gain a pound a week, you are on the right track. any more than that, and you may end up putting on fat. 

• Like 1

pull ups are like the upper body deadlift imo. i'm more impressed by how many pull ups one can do (with perfect form) than their bench numbers. 

Jeff Cavaliere 's vids on pull ups are a game changer. I had been doing them wrong for so long before I came across those.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

if you gain a pound a week, you are on the right track. any more than that, and you may end up putting on fat. 

Yeah im trying to eat at a calorie surplus but im also still mostly eating healthy foods, so im hoping that minimizes my overall fat gain.

• Upvote 1

Jeff Cavaliere 's vids on pull ups are a game changer. I had been doing them wrong for so long before I came across those.

yeah, he's great. a lot of people do them wrong. also, it's common for people to lack scapular strength. so scapula pull ups can help boost your numbers. 

• Like 1

Yeah im trying to eat at a calorie surplus but im also still mostly eating healthy foods, so im hoping that minimizes my overall fat gain.

clean bulk > dirty bulk :leo:

• Like 1