Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i second this

i started on 30 mins a week ago now up to this non stop rowing lol

yeah you basically just described the P90X3 Eccentric Upper workout in a nut shell. Its pure eccentric exercises with a focus on hypertrophy including having practically no rest breaks between moves.

Posted Images

i have a home gym, so it didn't affect me. i don't powerlift anymore. i just train for hypertrophy. i have 180 lbs adjustable dumbbells, a trx, pull up/dip station and resistance bands. if i want to hit legs heavy, i just work my way back up to doing lunges with 150 lbs. though, i rather stay around 100, and just do more reps. RDLs are great for hamstrings/glutes without needing to go super heavy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i have a home gym, so it didn't affect me. i don't powerlift anymore. i just train for hypertrophy. i have 180 lbs adjustable dumbbells, a trx, pull up/dip station and resistance bands. if i want to hit legs heavy, i just work my way back up to doing lunges with 150 lbs. though, i rather stay around 100, and just do more reps. RDLs are great for hamstrings/glutes without needing to go super heavy. 

 thats a good setup mate 🙂 180lb is good still...i have to admit not too bothered about going as heavy as can may if i was under 30 years old..

just takes too much of a toll,  rather just hit the bag learn some mma and train for conditioning 🙂 bands are pretty good, for rehab..i didnt have a bof enough area to train with them before..

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, doing incline presses with 90’s is still a bitch. I actually just use 70’s, but I go slow and controlled, in the 8-12 rep range. I love my set up.  Doing reverse and y flies with the trx >>>> every rear delt/trap exercise. They are amazing for the aesthetic appearance of the shoulders and for shoulder health. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been back on P90X3 for 2 months now (doing their 'Mass' calendar) and I was surprised at how much strength i've lost since dropping it. Its most noticeable when doing pull ups, I was never good at them but I can still only do half as many as I could do at my peak before I stopped just 7 or so months ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Oh yeah, doing incline presses with 90’s is still a bitch. I actually just use 70’s, but I go slow and controlled, in the 8-12 rep range. I love my set up.  Doing reverse and y flies with the trx >>>> every rear delt/trap exercise. They are amazing for the aesthetic appearance of the shoulders and for shoulder health. 

good stuff slow and steady wins the race 🙂

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I've been back on P90X3 for 2 months now (doing their 'Mass' calendar) and I was surprised at how much strength i've lost since dropping it. Its most noticeable when doing pull ups, I was never good at them but I can still only do half as many as I could do at my peak before I stopped just 7 or so months ago.

p90x3 sounds interesting, well its easily done to lose it all, but once you had it you can get it back mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Twinblade said:

@-GD-X what dumbells do you use? I've been buying them individually but I realized that its not only incredibly expensive nowadays, but they also take up a lot of space.

i have the bowflex 1090's. they are pricey - $660. the 552's (which go up tp 52.5 lbs per dumbbell) are $350. i tend to recommend the latter, unless you want to get huge. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I've been back on P90X3 for 2 months now (doing their 'Mass' calendar) and I was surprised at how much strength i've lost since dropping it. Its most noticeable when doing pull ups, I was never good at them but I can still only do half as many as I could do at my peak before I stopped just 7 or so months ago.

pull ups are like the upper body deadlift imo. i'm more impressed by how many pull ups one can do (with perfect form) than their bench numbers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

i have the bowflex 1090's. they are pricey - $660. the 552's (which go up tp 52.5 lbs per dumbbell) are $350. i tend to recommend the latter, unless you want to get huge. 

 

ahh thats still pricey.  The 552s seemed good but I don't plan on going over 50-60lbs for weights, so i think ill just buy a few more pairs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

im a 'hardgainer' with a small frame so i've been trying to bulk up a bit. Been eating like 5 or even 6 times a day since I started this session and so far i've gained 7lbs so I think im on the right track.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Twinblade said:

 

ahh thats still pricey.  The 552s seemed good but I don't plan on going over 50-60lbs for weights, so i think ill just buy a few more pairs.

the 552s look sick as fuck. the whole 552/1080 line is pretty incredible. i love the engineering. plus, they save a shit load of space! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Twinblade said:

im a 'hardgainer' with a small frame so i've been trying to bulk up a bit. Been eating like 5 or even 6 times a day since I started this session and so far i've gained 7lbs so I think im on the right track.

sounds good mate 🙂 keep going , 7lb is alot of muscle tissue

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Twinblade said:

im a 'hardgainer' with a small frame so i've been trying to bulk up a bit. Been eating like 5 or even 6 times a day since I started this session and so far i've gained 7lbs so I think im on the right track.

if you gain a pound a week, you are on the right track. any more than that, and you may end up putting on fat. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

pull ups are like the upper body deadlift imo. i'm more impressed by how many pull ups one can do (with perfect form) than their bench numbers. 

 

Jeff Cavaliere 's vids on pull ups are a game changer. I had been doing them wrong for so long before I came across those.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

if you gain a pound a week, you are on the right track. any more than that, and you may end up putting on fat. 

 

Yeah im trying to eat at a calorie surplus but im also still mostly eating healthy foods, so im hoping that minimizes my overall fat gain.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Twinblade said:

 

Jeff Cavaliere 's vids on pull ups are a game changer. I had been doing them wrong for so long before I came across those.

yeah, he's great. a lot of people do them wrong. also, it's common for people to lack scapular strength. so scapula pull ups can help boost your numbers. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Twinblade said:

 

Yeah im trying to eat at a calorie surplus but im also still mostly eating healthy foods, so im hoping that minimizes my overall fat gain.

clean bulk > dirty bulk :leo:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...