Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i second this

i started on 30 mins a week ago now up to this non stop rowing lol

yeah you basically just described the P90X3 Eccentric Upper workout in a nut shell. Its pure eccentric exercises with a focus on hypertrophy including having practically no rest breaks between moves.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Today is my first push/pull day in a month and a half, very interested in seeing how much higher my numbers will be especially when it comes to regular pull ups.

are you doing the p90x chest and back? or upper eccentric? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, the fake weight thing didn’t bother me. These guys do a lot of takes when making their vids, so I gave it a pass. Jeff knows his stuff. Shit, he worked with the NY Mets. I fixed a trapezius issue with one of his rehab techniques.  

hes good on the surface until you realise hes just not good technically 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PuNKy_LeMmInG said:

hes good on the surface until you realise hes just not good technically 

i'm going to have to disagree. he's excellent when it comes to form, muscle activation and tips for progressive overload (depending on your goals).  what has he said that's incorrect? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i'm going to have to disagree. he's excellent when it comes to form, muscle activation and tips for progressive overload (depending on your goals).  what has he said that's incorrect? 

other fitness youtubers disputed him about his poor advice, PHDs and strength coaches, his terrible deadlift form and weird squatting advice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PuNKy_LeMmInG said:

other fitness youtubers disputed him about his poor advice, PHDs and strength coaches, his terrible deadlift form and weird squatting advice.

eh, they are clout chasers. while jeremy ethier is my personal favorite, jeff's advice is solid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

are you doing the p90x chest and back? or upper eccentric? 

 

Its P90x3's 'The Challenge'. Just an onslaught of push up and pull up variations

 

Wide Pull Up

Standard Push Up

Wide Pull Up

Standard Push Up

 

Chin Up

Military Push Up

Chin Up

Military Push Up

 

Close Grip Pull Up

Wide Push Up

Close Grip Pull Up

Wide Push Up

 

Vaulter Pull Up (Right)

Staggered Push Up (Right)

Vaulter Pull Up (Left)

Staggered Push Up (Left)

 

 

As you can see Tony groups the harder pull up variations with the easier push ups and vice versa. Seems like an effective way to maximize reps/performance without overdoing it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

eh, they are clout chasers. while jeremy ethier is my personal favorite, jeff's advice is solid. 

phds and doctors and strength coaches def not..

Edited by PuNKy_LeMmInG
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PuNKy_LeMmInG said:

phds and doctors and strength coaches def not..

i have seen so many contradicting vids about "correct form" from doctors and strength coaches. ever wonder why there are so many injuries by professionals who use even top trainers? it's because there's no definitive right/wrong, due to differences with height/width/leg/arm proportions. for example, some people are better performing deadlifts with the hips a bit more open than normal, due to awkward arm/leg length ratios. EVERY youtube fitness trainer has been knocked, but jeff gets knocked the most since he's the most popular.  i would say jeff is solid for overall fitness, especially when it comes to aesthetics. are there better ones out there for pure strength training (just strength, not muscle building)? absolutely. but even then, what they view as "proper form" may not be the best for your body type. that's why it's better to experiment with many training styles and take notice of how a particular move makes your body feel.

 

btw, some "incorrect forms" of squats are actually beneficial - such as the narrow squat (where the feet are literally pressed against each other). it's one of the best progressions when learning a pistol squat. also, you can strengthen knee joints by letting your knees go past your toes when squatting. in the past, that was frowned upon, but now "experts" believe it may not be so bad after all. you should see all of the conflicting views on youtube about the sissy squat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i have seen so many contradicting vids about "correct form" from doctors and strength coaches. ever wonder why there are so many injuries by professionals who use even top trainers? it's because there's no definitive right/wrong, due to differences with height/width/leg/arm proportions. for example, some people are better performing deadlifts with the hips a bit more open than normal, due to awkward arm/leg length ratios. EVERY youtube fitness trainer has been knocked, but jeff gets knocked the most since he's the most popular.  i would say jeff is solid for overall fitness, especially when it comes to aesthetics. are there better ones out there for pure strength training (just strength, not muscle building)? absolutely. but even then, what they view as "proper form" may not be the best for your body type. that's why it's better to experiment with many training styles and take notice of how a particular move makes your body feel.

 

btw, some "incorrect forms" of squats are actually beneficial - such as the narrow squat (where the feet are literally pressed against each other). it's one of the best progressions when learning a pistol squat. also, you can strengthen knee joints by letting your knees go past your toes when squatting. in the past, that was frowned upon, but now "experts" believe it may not be so bad after all. you should see all of the conflicting views on youtube about the sissy squat. 

🙂 fair enough but powerlifter and oly have to have perfect form ...people get injured due to bad programming or wear and tear 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PuNKy_LeMmInG said:

🙂 fair enough but powerlifter and oly have to have perfect form ...people get injured due to bad programming or wear and tear 

"perfect form" varies, though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PuNKy_LeMmInG said:

🙂 difference between form and mechanically correct 🙂

but you said "perfect form" earlier, which is open to interpretation, rather than mechanically correct. a mechanically correct way to do a deadlift, for example, is literally getting the bar to go up in a straight line. it's not really complicated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

but you said "perfect form" earlier, which is open to interpretation, rather than mechanically correct. a mechanically correct way to do a deadlift, for example, is literally getting the bar to go up in a straight line. it's not really complicated. 

needs to be close to the legs 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PuNKy_LeMmInG said:

needs to be close to the legs 🙂

hence a straight line lol. it's not rocket science. you may have to tweak "perfect form" to perform it, depending on your body type. this is why i said there's no such thing as perfect form. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -GD-X said:

hence a straight line lol. it's not rocket science. you may have to tweak "perfect form" to perform it, depending on your body type. this is why i said there's no such thing as perfect form. 

yes but if your straight up rounding your back lol :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PuNKy_LeMmInG said:

yes but if your straight up rounding your back lol :D

nobody said rounding the back :D you are being a bit dense here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...