• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I need to get back to the gym   i got in much better shape last year when I was off work doing a 12 week challenge. Now I’m turning into TJ 

i started on 30 mins a week ago now up to this non stop rowing lol

🙂 still bro'ing  

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, PuNKy_LeMmInG said:

haha yeh 🙂

now, i haven't seen jeff's vids in over a year.  i just heard about the fake weights via scott herman

but i just stumbled upon this video, which came out last year. damn....homeboy does't follow his own advice

my back started hurting just watching the DL. alright man, you have every right to knock on jeff. he let ego get in the way of science (ironically, he used to say how bad rounding of the back was - causing lumbar issues :shake:). what a fall from grace. 

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

now, i haven't seen jeff's vids in over a year.  i just heard about the fake weights via scott herman

but i just stumbled upon this video, which came out last year. damn....homeboy does't follow his own advice

my back started hurting just watching it. alright man, you have every right to knock on jeff. he let ego get in the way of science (ironically, he used to say how bad rounding of the back was - causing lumbar issues :shake:). what a fall from grace. 

🙂 thats a shame as some of his advice is logical just suffers on demo's mate....sorry you had to look into this...

Edited by PuNKy_LeMmInG
spelling
Just now, PuNKy_LeMmInG said:

🙂 thats a shame as some of his advice is logal just suffers on demo's mate....sorry you had to look into this...

his old demos were really good. apparently, this video was made in response to the claims of him using fake weights. he should have just admitted to it, instead of doing this poorly executed DL. 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

his old demos were really good. apparently, this video was made in response to the claims of him using fake weights. he should have just admitted to it, instead of doing this poorly executed DL. 

🙂 he couldnt as it would have discredited his channel so he said..nothing and done this 🙂 shame because he gives general fitness advice, hes not a competative OLY or Powerlifter nobody would go to him for that 🙂 

3 hours ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

Im gonna get a pool membership this month. Im 190lbs at 5'6" and it kind of sucks. Don't know how it got like that. What is the best way to lose weight @-GD-X ?

Wow! You used to be a string bean too. For now, just focus on weight loss. Eat significantly fewer calories than you are burning (2,000 calories a day is a good start), based on current weight). No soda or alcohol. Once you hit around 150/140, we can devise a weight training program. 

If you are willing to spend a little money (not much), Noom is a very good weight loss program. I’ve seen a lot of contacts get great results.

I have the weirdest damn body

I got a BIA scale and measured my body fat%. Apparently its 13.7. Obviously these aren't the most accurate, so we can adjust and put my actual body fat at around 12-15%

But with everything i've researched online I should definitely have visible abs at those numbers, but I have nothing. Even before putting on a few pounds due to bulking I still had nothing.

So I can only assume that I would have to get to an insane range like 5-7% body fat before I have visible abs? Or maybe my ab muscles are just small and need to be built up. Admittedly I haven't done much ab work at all lately, but the exercises I have been doing all involve core work so I feel like I should have something there.

Im just confused :|

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I have the weirdest damn body

I got a BIA scale and measured my body fat%. Apparently its 13.7. Obviously these aren't the most accurate, so we can adjust and put my actual body fat at around 12-15%

But with everything i've researched online I should definitely have visible abs at those numbers, but I have nothing. Even before putting on a few pounds due to bulking I still had nothing.

So I can only assume that I would have to get to an insane range like 5-7% body fat before I have visible abs? Or maybe my ab muscles are just small and need to be built up. Admittedly I haven't done much ab work at all lately, but the exercises I have been doing all involve core work so I feel like I should have something there.

Im just confused :|

You probably store most of your body fat in your abdominal area. With 12-15% body fat, you should see the benefits of a solid ab program (3 days a week). If you still aren’t satisfied, do a soft cut. 

11 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

You probably store most of your body fat in your abdominal area. With 12-15% body fat, you should see the benefits of a solid ab program (3 days a week). If you still aren’t satisfied, do a soft cut. 

I did p90x3’s ab workout consistently last year and saw little results then (I started to see obliques but that was it). So maybe that just doesn’t work for me.  Are there any ab programs out there you would recommend?

I did p90x3’s ab workout consistently last year and saw little results then (I started to see obliques but that was it). So maybe that just doesn’t work for me.  Are there any ab programs out there you would recommend?

i would check out ethier's ab routines. 

57 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I would need to go to a gym for some of those moves. What do you think of Jeff's ab routines? He has a couple of no equipment workouts, in fact he uploaded one just a few days ago

When it comes to aesthetics, you can never go wrong with Jeff or Scott Herman. 

• Upvote 1

My Bowflex 552s arrived and I have to say im a bit disappointed. My problem with them is that I guess because of their modular design you can both feel and hear the plates clanking and rubbing up against the handle as you use the dumbells. This seems to happen on all of the weight settings except the 5lb setting, which makes sense as thats just the handle without any plates attached.

Maybe ill get used to that over time but I feel like its going to be incredibly distracting.

My Bowflex 552s arrived and I have to say im a bit disappointed. My problem with them is that I guess because of their modular design you can both feel and hear the plates clanking and rubbing up against the handle as you use the dumbells. This seems to happen on all of the weight settings except the 5lb setting, which makes sense as thats just the handle without any plates attached.

Maybe ill get used to that over time but I feel like its going to be incredibly distracting.

Huh? That doesn’t sound right. Mine are quiet, even with 70’s or 80’s. 

27 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah idk. I tried 30s and it is slightly quieter but I can still feel rattling vibrations as the parts move against each other. It’s the same for both units. Maybe this is a flaw of the cheaper version, vs the more expensive one you have. I did just search Amazon reviews/Q and A and some people are reporting this happening to them as well. 

I’m going to test them in a workout tomorrow and see if they end up being problematic.