Jump to content

It's time for a disabled person to be the hero in Dragon Age


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL! "Jerry's an angry incel" is the center free space on SystemWars' bingo card.    

bbbbbbut Snake/big boss lost his eye its stupid that Konami wants us to play with a disabled character..... he fights ocelot who technically has one arm so it's like playing the special Olympics game

By the way I really enjoyed Hellblade and she has a mental disability. But if eurogamer wrote an article saying she should have been this or that as well as cognitively disabled then I would have a pr

I was expecting to laugh but context is important. Apparently Inquisition's main character lost their arm in the last DLC for the game (which I didn't play) so thats what this is about. I actually think it would be cool if you had to play a character with just one arm, the devs could create some interesting gameplay systems around that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

I was expecting to laugh but context is important. Apparently Inquisition's main character lost their arm in the last DLC for the game (which I didn't play) so thats what this is about. I actually think it would be cool if you had to play a character with just one arm, the devs could create some interesting gameplay systems around that.

Yeah? What interesting systems would that be? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Yeah? What interesting systems would that be? 

 

well for one, they would only have 1 sword arm so they'd have more strength and dexterity in that arm than other characters who'd wield similar one handed weapons. They could also have unique attack animations as a result of that.

 

Since they can't hold a shield, they might have some unique defensive moves/dodges to avoid getting hit.

 

Im the last person who would defend this kind of thing but you're exaggerating with this thread, the article is mainly just referencing characters who may have lost an arm.

 

The writer does throw in a wheelchair reference towards the end and thats definitely not something I agree with, at least not for an action based game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lostfool said:

Shit thread

and his politics is spewing into this.

 

He's now getting offended over virtual polygon characters.

 

Correction: he's now getting offended over the talk ABOUT virtual polygon characters.

Edited by jehurey
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cooke said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-04-28-bioware-is-wrong-dragon-age-doesnt-need-to-replace-its-disabled-protagonist

 

Lmao I can't take this shit anymore :ccruise:

 

People play games to escape reality, who the fuck wants to be a disabled protagonist? 

 

Dragon Age doesn't need to replace its disabled protagonist

 

Cooke you're all kind of stupid, did you actually read the article?   The protagonist got injured in the last game clown. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

 

well for one, they would only have 1 sword arm so they'd have more strength and dexterity in that arm than other characters who'd wield similar one handed weapons. They could also have unique attack animations as a result of that.

 

Since they can't hold a shield, they might have some unique defensive moves/dodges to avoid getting hit.

 

Im the last person who would defend this kind of thing but you're exaggerating with this thread, the article is mainly just referencing characters who may have lost an arm.

 

The writer does throw in a wheelchair reference towards the end and thats definitely not something I agree with, at least not for an action based game.

The worst part of new collossus was the beginning in the wheel chair. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Goukosan said:

 

Dragon Age doesn't need to replace its disabled protagonist

 

Cooke you're all kind of stupid, did you actually read the article?   The protagonist got injured in the last game clown. 

 

 

 

You don't play as a disabled hero in inquisition. This happens at the end and then it's game over. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cooke said:

You don't play as a disabled hero in inquisition. This happens at the end and then it's game over. 

 

Did I say you play as disabled hero in the last game?

 

I said the character agot injured in the last game. The ending of the game is also a part of the game.

 

The amount of games that have a blind character or a one eye character or characters with prosthetic limbs etc has dated back decades. 

 

Like I said, you're all kinds of stupid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

 

Did I say you play as disabled hero in the last game?

 

I said the character agot injured in the last game. The ending of the game is also a part of the game.

 

The amount of games that have a blind character or a one eye character or characters with prosthetic limbs etc has dated back decades. 

 

Like I said, you're all kinds of stupid. 

The Dragon age games have always been different heroes for each game. The article is telling BioWare to keep the same character because he's disabled. That's a stupid reason and you know it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cooke said:

The Dragon age games have always been different heroes for each game. The article is telling BioWare to keep the same character because he's disabled. That's a stupid reason and you know it. 

 

and you're just as stupid for claiming they shouldn't keep him because he is "disabled". 

 

It's a videogame... there are blind characters with super powers for crying out loud.  A disability in a videogame is never realistic to begin with you fool.    The developers can keep him or let him go for whatever reason they want snowflake. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

 

bbbbbbut Snake/big boss lost his eye its stupid that Konami wants us to play with a disabled character..... he fights ocelot who technically has one arm so it's like playing the special Olympics game:awww:

You are obviously missing the point. Those things are just a matter of fact. We don't need Eurogamer or whoever telling developers to add disabled people to games or make them the main protagonist. Let developers do what they want with their game and their story. If they have a character that's disabled and it's part of their story as to why and how that character has the disability then fine. I just don't like outside influences trying to ruin gaming for their agendas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way I really enjoyed Hellblade and she has a mental disability. But if eurogamer wrote an article saying she should have been this or that as well as cognitively disabled then I would have a problem with it. 

 

"Why can't link be a girl ?" Because he's not a girl. 

 

It's this kind of shit that bothers me. If you want to be represented in a game then make a fucking game. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cooke said:

By the way I really enjoyed Hellblade and she has a mental disability. But if eurogamer wrote an article saying she should have been this or that as well as cognitively disabled then I would have a problem with it. 

 

"Why can't link be a girl ?" Because he's not a girl. 

 

It's this kind of shit that bothers me. If you want to be represented in a game then make a fucking game. 

 

of course you did because you could identify with her disability :drake:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...