Jump to content

PlayStation Has Registered Sunset Overdrive Trademark


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Owning the publishing rights means no one can do anything with that game but them

They clearly don't own the publishing rights if Insomniac published THEIR OWN version on the PC.

 

And, it may only be publishing rights of the first game, but not own the IP outright.............which, once again, seems to be the case since Insomniac clearly published the game on their own for the physical PC edition.

 

Therefore, Playstation probably won't get Sunset Overdrive 1, but they still get Sunset Overdrive 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

That baseball game created huge ripples inside very Sony fanboy's tiny balls.

Sunset Overdrive is really nothing.

It was a huge flop back then, it still is now.

:drake:you're basically displaying the ripple effect of 8 year old butthurt.

 

Its alright..........go ahead and play Sony MLB The Show 21 for a whole 45 minutes and quit the game during the 5th inning and never play it again.  We're totally feeling that ripple.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

They clearly don't own the publishing rights if Insomniac published THEIR OWN version on the PC.

 

And, it may only be publishing rights of the first game, but not own the IP outright.............which, once again, seems to be the case since Insomniac clearly published the game on their own for the physical PC edition.

 

Therefore, Playstation probably won't get Sunset Overdrive 1, but they still get Sunset Overdrive 2.

Them publishing the game on PC doesn't mean Microsoft doesn't own the publishing rights, it's as simple as they wanted to do it ask permission and went forward with it

Edited by DynamiteCop
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop said:

Then publishing the game on PC doesn't mean Microsoft doesn't own the publishing rights

Yeah, it pretty much does mean exactly that.

 

"they asked for permission":lawl::lawl:you're a fucking idiot.

 

hey, you better go tell Sony that they can't register a trademark for Sunset Overdrive. Boy are they gonna have egg on their face when you correct their paperwork.

Edited by jehurey
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jehurey said:

Yeah, it pretty much does mean exactly that.

 

"they asked for permission":lawl::lawl:you're a fucking idiot.

Microsoft is very open to things within their wheelhouse, Quantum break came to PC because remedy requested it. There was no intention to do that but they wanted to do it so they were allowed to. Nothing different in this situation, Insomniac wanted to do a PC Port all they had to do was ask the publisher that was the end of it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...