Damn Capcom just can't come up with an original idea.

She literally just took pictures of existing surfaces and pieces of artwork created by other people. I don't see how Capcom is in the wrong for using them for their games. If they are, then she is also in the wrong for selling a collection of other people's work.

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

She literally just took pictures of existing surfaces and pieces of artwork created by other people. I don't see how Capcom is in the wrong for using them for their games. If they are, then she is also in the wrong for selling a collection of other people's work.

Actually she took pictures of textures all over the world and had them copyrighted.  That's an actual thing.  Then Capcom took them from her collection and used them without her permission.  Seriously do you not know that is an actual profession?  Where do you think developers get those textures???  They have to pay for them or get them from a program that either has them licensed or they had to actually get off their ass and take the pictures themselves.  I know you don't leave the basement much but holly shit dude.  

2 minutes ago, lostfool said:

Actually she took pictures of textures all over the world and had them copyrighted.  That's an actual thing.  Then Capcom took them from her collection and used them without her permission.  Seriously do you not know that is an actual profession?  Where do you think developers get those textures???  They have to pay for them or get them from a program that either has them licensed or they had to actually get off their ass and take the pictures themselves.  I know you don't leave the basement much but holly shit dude.  

Its still retarded. Take the goat picture for example, that is literally just a sculpture probably created ages ago and you can probably find a bunch of different pictures of it on the internet.

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its still retarded. Take the goat picture for example, that is literally just a sculpture probably created ages ago and you can probably find a bunch of different pictures of it on the internet.

😐

are you trolling?  You can't take someone else's work and then profit off of it without their permission. 

8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

😐

are you trolling?  You can't take someone else's work and then profit off of it without their permission. 

They used the SUBJECTS in the pictures that were created by entirely different people. I don't see how she has a claim to that type of content. In most cases Capcom didn't copy the actual composition of the photo, lighting conditions, etc.

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

😐

He has to be trolling.  How does he not understand that you can copywrite pictures you take?  And she published them 9 years which adds further protections.  And it's not like she published them a year before or the same year.  She published them 9 fucking years before RE 4 and even longer with the other games.  

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

They used the SUBJECTS in the pictures that were created by entirely different people. I don't see how she has a claim to that type of content. In most cases Capcom didn't copy the actual composition of the photo, lighting conditions, etc.

Well I guess every fucking photographer who copywrited a picture of interesting paterns in the road has to give up their copywrite?  There are literally famous pictures of roads that are fucking copywrited.  You can't use them to advertise, sell, or take artistically as yours because they belong to the photographer.  Holly shit 

1 minute ago, lostfool said:

Well I guess every fucking photographer who copywrited a picture of interesting paterns in the road has to give up their copywrite?  There are literally famous pictures of roads that are fucking copywrited.  You can't use them to advertise, sell, or take artistically as yours because they belong to the photographer.  Holly shit 

A sculpture on display in a public area isn't the same as some random cracks in a road.....:|

Just now, Twinblade said:

A sculpture on display in a public area isn't the same as some random cracks in a road.....:|

If I take a picture of said sculpture and publish it it is absolutely my work and you have to pay me or ask my permission to use my picture.  

21 minutes ago, lostfool said:

If I take a picture of said sculpture and publish it it is absolutely my work and you have to pay me or ask my permission to use my picture.  

Except I would only be using the sculpture, which is someone else's artwork altogether. Im not sure how thats frowned upon but its ok for a photographer to take a picture of someone else's work and then use it to make a profit.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

it's clear you didn't read the article and you're just talking out your ass. 

The Capcom data breach showed that the exact files and filenames from the Photographer's copyrighted published works were used in the  games in question. 

Except I would only be using the sculpture, which is someone else's artwork altogether. Im not sure how thats frowned upon but its ok for a photographer to take a picture of someone else's work and then use it to make a profit.

You cannot be this dense.  The picture is separate and apart from the sculpture.   Two people can take a picture of the same object and both pictures will vary greatly in quality.  The picture itself is a different artwork.

in any case... Capcom took her files straight off her copyrighted published work.  Same file and file names.  They got caught because of the data breach. 

Capcom took her texture work pictures and used in their games without permission. 

Edited by Goukosan
4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

You really have no idea how copyright works right?

Large and small companies alike use thousands of random reference images in their games. People take pictures of random art and landmarks they think look cool so naturally developers will use them in their games. This lady might have a case but it just proves that the law is retarded. Most of her book is just pictures of other people's work, its not like she tried to capture a specific type of scene or landscape for artistic purposes, she just goes straight up to the art piece and takes a picture of it. Wow what an artist and shame on capcom for using her 'work' :roll:

Large and small companies alike use thousands of random reference images in their games. People take pictures of random art and landmarks they think look cool so naturally developers will use them in their games. This lady might have a case but it just proves that the law is retarded. Most of her book is just pictures of other people's work, its not like she tried to capture a specific type of scene or landscape for artistic purposes, she just goes straight up to the art piece and takes a picture of it. Wow what an artist and shame on capcom for using her 'work' :roll:

So you are clueless and you are doubling down on being clueless :lawl:

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

So you are clueless and you are doubling down on being clueless :lawl:

He is arguing as if there is no copywriting, publishing, and precedents already established that cover this.