Playdate handheld launch announcement video

It definitely seems out of impulse buying range.

And my real concern is that they will receive a whole bunch of feedback, and they will go any significantly improve the device, thus leaving launch buyers with an inferior product.

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

wtf is this garbage? 

This is from the studio that made Firewatch and Untitled Goose Game.

They are making a handheld, they've been showing off prototypes to some game journalists for about a couple of years already.

Its cool that they got the Obra Dinn developer making a game.

I feel like this thing needs a couple of more buttons, and touch screen capability.

Just now, jehurey said:

This is from the studio that made Firewatch and Untitled Goose Game.

They are making a handheld, they've been showing off prototypes to some game journalists for about a couple of years already.

Its cool that they got the Obra Dinn developer making a game.

I feel like this thing needs a couple of more buttons, and touch screen capability.

looks DOA

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Wait can this thing only do monochrome 16 bit style games? Thats kind of lame, every game pretty much has almost the same exact art style.

it is a monochrome screen, but it can clearly render things that are somewhat close to graphics you see in indie games. So it could probably do some 3D capability, but it displays in monochrome.

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

it is a monochrome screen, but it can clearly render things that are somewhat close to graphics you see in indie games. So it could probably do some 3D capability, but it displays in monochrome.

Thats just silly. I don't understand why they couldn't just design it to support some of the colors you'd see in older games.

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Thats just silly. I don't understand why they couldn't just design it to support some of the colors you'd see in older games.

will probably be one of the main feedback or criticisms that might compel them to rush a Playdate 2.0

I kind of want one because I don't think I'll be able to get the games anywhere else, but I think that they will eventually make changes.