Jump to content

Satya Nadella explains why Microsoft is "all in" on gaming


Recommended Posts

 

 

bubu Phil's getting fired any day now :awww: 

 

 

 

More acquisitions coming :geese: 

 

 

Phil... you've got the money behind you... now it's time to manage this shit properly :denzel:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Phil strikes me like the type of guy that would watch his woman get railed by a bigger stronger man and all he would do is hold the camera and whisper motivational comments in her ear. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -GD-X said:

i feel like MS has been saying this for like 4 years now. 

They have been lol.

 

To be fair, with a company the size of MS, this shit probably takes time.  They were saying the same shit about PC gaming for ages and we never really saw any receipts.

 

But now.. well.. all their games are coming to Steam, they're fixing and improving Windows (Windows 11), putting tons of effort into DX12U, they're creating a new Store, and every game they make is on PC.  So we're starting to see it now.

 

In general, they've purchased a lot of studios, spent a lot of money doing that.. and they've mostly got the platform in order.. they're just missing the games... as per usual.  We'll see if that changes lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, they're all in like a gambler that's been losing all night long, and they start pushing all of their chips out of desperation, hoping to brute force their way.

 

Not only that, its alot smarter to buy gaming studios and IPs, because in the event that your entire gaming business fails..........you actually have something of value to sell off and try to make your money back.

 

Whereas if they were nothing but a hardware division, no one would be buying that.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jehurey said:

Sure, they're all in like a gambler that's been losing all night long, and they start pushing all of their chips out of desperation, hoping to brute force their way.

 

Not only that, its alot smarter to buy gaming studios and IPs, because in the event that your entire gaming business fails..........you actually have something of value to sell off and try to make your money back.

 

Whereas if they were nothing but a hardware division, no one would be buying that.

ngl I laughed at the first sentence. :D 

 

However, like I said before... even if MS' hardware business fails... they'll still be a huge publisher if they do go 3rd party only.  I don't think they're going to sell off their gaming division ever because of losing the hardware... they'll stay in gaming purely as a publisher.

 

But they did just announce today that they're working on the next Xbox consoles... so... they're not stopping any time soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Remij said:

ngl I laughed at the first sentence. :D 

 

However, like I said before... even if MS' hardware business fails... they'll still be a huge publisher if they do go 3rd party only.  I don't think they're going to sell off their gaming division ever because of losing the hardware... they'll stay in gaming purely as a publisher.

 

But they did just announce today that they're working on the next Xbox consoles... so... they're not stopping any time soon.

A chromecast dongle that plays Xbox games via Xcloud...............would be consoles a "next Xbox gaming console".

 

Remember this is Phil Spencer we are talking about.........he's outright lied before to journalists.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

A chromecast dongle that plays Xbox games via Xcloud...............would be consoles a "next Xbox gaming console".

 

Remember this is Phil Spencer we are talking about.........he's outright lied before to journalists.

Could be... although I say generic "Steam Box" like PC is what their future consoles will be.

 

Why spend time and money developing proprietary game consoles when you can just make a small formfactor generic PC?  There's not much reason for MS to do so in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Could be... although I say generic "Steam Box" like PC is what their future consoles will be.

 

Why spend time and money developing proprietary game consoles when you can just make a small formfactor generic PC?  There's not much reason for MS to do so in the future.

 

They're definitely moving towards that. 

 

Didn't they announce a XBOX gaming dongle or something similar today? 

 

Eventually there won't be any Xbox console and MS will go full service model. 

 

That's why they want GP and XCloud on everything, so they could drop the Xbox console hardware all together. 

 

I've been saying this for the longest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

 

They're definitely moving towards that. 

 

Didn't they announce a XBOX gaming dongle or something similar today? 

 

Eventually there won't be any Xbox console and MS will go full service model. 

 

That's why they want GP and XCloud on everything, so they could drop the Xbox console hardware all together. 

 

I've been saying this for the longest. 

I think they'll still have the "console" which is the dedicated device.. but like I said, a small formfactor PC in a small box you can put under your TV.

 

That $500 box is something that, if they go that route, completely removes the risk from putting tons of money into R&D and having it not sell.

 

To me, that seems like something they'd do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point Phil and Nadella sound like broken records. Every E3 these two clowns make statements like this and yet Xbox is still the only console to launch without any 1st party exclusives :pavarotti:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

At this point Phil and Nadella sound like broken records. Every E3 these two clowns make statements like this and yet Xbox is still the only console to launch without any 1st party exclusives :pavarotti:

 

and 7 months after launch still no exclusives

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, Google's CEO said they were all in on gaming before Stadia launched. it didn't mean anything.

 

what appears more concerning is that Microsoft may be trying to launch a Windows 11 here very soon?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jehurey said:

yeah, Google's CEO said they were all in on gaming before Stadia launched. it didn't mean anything.

 

what appears more concerning is that Microsoft may be trying to launch a Windows 11 here very soon?

What's concerning about that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Remij said:

What's concerning about that?

they're going to try and stop support to windows 10, and chances are Windows 11 will not be a free upgrade like it was for Windows 7/8 to 10.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jehurey said:

they're going to try and stop support to windows 10, and chances are Windows 11 will not be a free upgrade like it was for Windows 7/8 to 10.

Oh, LOL.. no.  They most certainly aren't doing that.

 

I've been in the Insider dev channel for years and they've been completely re-designing how they deliver updates to Windows.

 

Windows 11, which it very likely will be called... is a UI refresh... it's not going to be a paid upgrade.. no way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

they're going to try and stop support to windows 10, and chances are Windows 11 will not be a free upgrade like it was for Windows 7/8 to 10.

 

Nah they'll still support 10 because on the enterprise side that's their bread and butter.   10 will get support for years upon years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Goukosan said:

 

Nah they'll still support 10 because on the enterprise side that's their bread and butter.   10 will get support for years upon years. 

I mean, "Sun Valley" is just a UI update.  It's substantial enough that they're possibly rebranding it Windows 11... but this isn't a "go out and buy a new version of Windows" type thing.  It's just rebranding in an attempt to draw more attention to it.

 

Even Sun Valley was mostly taking elements of Windows 10X and building upon them for Windows 10, since they decided to cancel it.  They put renewed focus on Windows again after the pandemic reinvigorated Desktop/Laptop PCs at home.

 

And not even considering that a lot of their backend work is known to Windows Insider users, but they gave Windows 10 away for free for how many years as a free upgrade.. lmao.. they're not going to start charging for updates now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

they're going to try and stop support to windows 10, and chances are Windows 11 will not be a free upgrade like it was for Windows 7/8 to 10.

 

Thats not remotely true. Windows 10 is going to continue to be supported for years to come. Shit, many corporations haven't even finished upgrading their W7 machines to W10.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...