Is the push for diversity hurting gaming?

25 minutes ago, jehurey said:

What you are trying to say is irrelevant, and you are intentionally trying to find a reason to not pay any mind to the concept of diversity.

Its obvious that you are aware of this............because you clearly don't want to respond to the point I am bringing up.

You making up a completely fictional and arbitrary parameters to make your forcefully-naive "I just believe that the most qualified people deserve it the most" narrative.

That sounds nice in an Ayn Rand story.

Because I don't care about diversity of physical attributes.

What I care about is a functional society that isn't obsessed with the differences of its people but rather the commonalities. Your melanin doesn't make you who you are. Your personality, your skills, your passions make you who are. There is far too much focus on the mundane immutable differences rather than what unites us. 

Diversity of thought is far more valuable. 

Edited by Cooke
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there should be more of a focus on obesity rather than diversity. 

The talent of people I've worked with has never been decided by gender or race. I've met a ton of talented women in my work   Im sure the gaming industry is filled to the brim with women who

i don't get why there's this sudden need for diversity, when it was already there. amy hennig is one of the most respected game directors and script writers over the last 20 years. jade raymond helped

40 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Well let me clear that up

Diversity is being pushed now because people are finally waking up and seeing that people are being discriminated in the the work force because of race/gender/religion, etc. IF racism and sexism didnt exist (they do) then diversity would be natural because if you are picking the best person for the job that would include much more variety than white male .

White privilege IS real , ALL people ARE equal but not treated as such, non white complaints about these issues are NOT exaggerated.

I do feel that some industries are filling out a checkbox , or virtue signaling but this is how people that had a past with racism in the work place FEEL they can fix things.  The people complaining that pushing diversity now is a negative in the sense that they are check boxing probably werent complaining when natural diversity was being skipped over 🤷‍♂️

All you have to do is go to social media or youtube comments about a racial/gender/sexual issue and see that 99 percent of racism and hate comes from ignorant white dudes 🤷‍♀️ Sometimes we gloss over that because being a white guy you dont deal with it. But imagine if we did? Social media comments have made me feel disgusted to be a person sometimes.

/rant

Great post.  👏🏽 👏🏽 

3 minutes ago, Cooke said:

What I care about is a functional society that isn't obsessed with the differences of its people but rather the commonalities. Your melanin doesn't make you who you are. Your personality, your skills, your passions make you who are. There is far too much focus on the mundane immutable differences rather than what unites us. 

Unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world and as JonB of all people pointed out, you guys did not complain not one bit when other races (minorities) were being looked and passed over even when they were just as qualified as or more qualified for a position/job.   But now that's there is a "push" for diversity all of a sudden its an issue for you 🙄

9 minutes ago, Cooke said:

The color of your skin isnt the only thing that makes you different

8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world and as JonB of all people pointed out, you guys did not complain not one bit when other races (minorities) were being looked and passed over even when they were just as qualified as or more qualified for a position/job.   But now that's there is a "push" for diversity all of a sudden its an issue for you 🙄

Year after year we have been getting better. Compare 2021 to 1991 and there has been massive change. Where has this sudden panic about race and sex and gender come from in the last 5 years? 

The trajectory has been in a stead upward motion for decades. Equality was the goal and we reached it. 

It's not about equality now, it's about EQUITY of outcomes. Please tell me why this has become the goal. 

I believe EVERYONE should have a fair and equal chance at everything regardless of whatever identity, race, sexuality, gender etc. Equity of outcomes just kneecaps the best and most qualified people. 

Edited by Cooke
Just now, Cooke said:

Year after year we have been getting better. Compare 2021 to 1991 and there has been massive change. Where has this sudden panic about race and sex and gender come from jntbe last 5 years? 

The trajectory has been in a stead upward motion for decades. Equality was the goal and we reached it. 

It's not about equality now, it's about EQUITY of outcomes. Please tell me why this has become the goal. 

I believe EVERYONE should have a fair and equal chance at everything regardless of whatever identity, race, sexuality, gender etc. Equity of outcomes just kneecaps the best and most qualified people. 

How have we reached equality ? We arent even close. 

Just now, JonbX said:

How have we reached equality ? We arent even close. 

How have we not? 

Do you want equality of opportunity or equity of outcomes. Think long and hard about this. 

1 minute ago, Cooke said:

How have we not? 

Do you want equality of opportunity or equity of outcomes. Think long and hard about this. 

You are complaining about the panic of race/gender/sex currently while claiming we have reached equality. Think about that.

20 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Then why are you in this thread to begin with.

Its obvious that you intentionally seek to prevent any kind of diversity.

History shows that you are in the wrong. Plain and simple.

6 minutes ago, JonbX said:

You are complaining about the panic of race/gender/sex currently while claiming we have reached equality. Think about that.

You are eating this narrative up. 

North America and western society has never been as equal as it is today. Every day has been getting better than the last. There has been no regression for the last 40 or so years.

So why the moral panic that has come in the last few years for MORE and MORE diversity? Quotas, a pyramid of oppression, obsession with power dynamics, patriarchy and now trans rights are taking the lead.

Its because of activists, they are constantly looking for something to complain and bitch about, usually without evidence, and usually without an end goal. 

A gay black man has the same rights and opportunities in western society as a white woman. That's law and it is heavily fortified. 

Edited by Cooke
26 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Except they weren't, not anytime recent anyway. Affirmative action has existed for the last 60 years, an entire generation, two generations of working class people removed. By all standards it has actually displaced qualified whites and asians not only in terms of gainful employment opportunities, but also academically in place of much less qualified and lower scoring 'brown' minorities to fill quotas. The funny thing is this stuff isn't even hidden, it's right out there in the open which is the largest part of insanity in it.

Race relations are the worse they've been in decades upon decades, people are being taught to hate each other, taught to look at each other differently, taught that they are victims and that they have oppressor's when they absolutely are not and do not. All the natural progress made in the 70's, 80's and 90's has been flushed down the toilet and then some. Things have been pushed back by at least 80 years.

You can't force these things, and that's what's happening. They're trying to force diversity, they're trying to force equity, and it's back firing. These things have to develop naturally, they have to develop through time, and they were, but that has all been destroyed and we're back to a place worse than square one. Back in the day people at least wanted to mend relations, they wanted it to work.

No one gives a shit anymore and are getting fed up with all of it and I can't blame them, it's a circus. The people are a circus, cultures are a circus, races are a circus, politics are a circus. It's such a clown show that you can't help but wish for the fall of everything. Let natural order take control again.

Edited by DynamiteCop
5 minutes ago, Cooke said:

You are eating this narrative up. 

North America and western society has never been as equal as it is today. Every day has been getting better than the last. There has been no regression for the last 40 or so years.

So why the moral panic that has come in the last few years for MORE and MORE diversity? Quotas, a pyramid of oppression, obsession with power dynamics, patriarchy and now trans rights are taking the lead.

Its because of activists, they are constantly looking for something to complain and bitch about, usually without evidence, and usually without an end goal. 

A gay black man has the same rights and opportunities in western society as a white woman. That's law and it is heavily fortified. 

Im not eating anything up. Im seeing this IRL in plain site. Maybe get some glasses.

Almost all discrimination and hate in western society comes from one group of people. Thats a fact. All you have to do is look on the internet.

The moral panic is there because LOOK WHATS HAPPENING. How are you so blind?

Activists are only active for a REASON. If there was no reason for them to be active there wouldnt be activists. You are complaining about diversity, claiming there is equality, ignoring the FACTS and wondering why there are activists. YOU are the reason there are activists, IDIOT :D

A gay black man may legally have the same rights but that is not always followed and you have to see the hate a gay black man in America gets is so, so much more than what any white woman would receive . 

• NPC 1
19 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Year after year we have been getting better. Compare 2021 to 1991 and there has been massive change. Where has this sudden panic about race and sex and gender come from in the last 5 years? 

You said all that and dodged my question.

Why weren't you complaining before when other races (minorities) were being overlooked even when they were just as qualified or more qualified simply for being a different race.

1 minute ago, JonbX said:

Im not eating anything up. Im seeing this IRL in plain site. Maybe get some glasses.

Almost all discrimination and hate in western society comes from one group of people. Thats a fact. All you have to do is look on the internet.

The moral panic is there because LOOK WHATS HAPPENING. How are you so blind?

Activists are only active for a REASON. If there was no reason for them to be active there wouldnt be activists. You are complaining about diversity, claiming there is equality, ignoring the FACTS and wondering why there are activists. YOU are the reason there are activists, IDIOT :D

A gay black man may legally have the same rights but that is not always followed and you have to see the hate a gay black man in America gets is so, so much more than what any white woman would receive . 

The 'activists' these days hardly stand for anything that actually amounts to a real cause or a rational problem which needs to be mended. Please fuck off with this nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Except they weren't, not anytime recent anyway. Affirmative action has existed for the last 60 years, an entire generation, two generations of working class people removed. By all standards it has actually displaced qualified whites and asians not only in terms of gainful employment opportunities, but also academically in place of much less qualified and lower scoring 'brown' minorities to fill quotas. The funny thing is this stuff isn't even hidden, it's right out there in the open which is the largest part of insanity in it.

Race relations are the worse they've been in decades upon decades, people are being taught to hate each other, taught to look at each other differently, taught that they are victims and that they have oppressor's when they absolutely are not and do not. All the natural progress made in the 70's, 80's and 90's has been flushed down the toilet and then some. Things have been pushed back by at least 80 years.

You can't force these things, and that's what's happening. They're trying to force diversity, they're trying to force equity, and it's back firing. These things have to develop naturally, they have to develop through time, and they were, but that has all been destroyed and we're back to a place worse than square one. Back in the day people at least wanted to mend relations, they wanted it to work. No one gives a shit anymore and are getting fed up with all of it. 

again.... just like Cooke You said all that and dodged my question.   

Why weren't you complaining before when other races where being overlooked even when they were just as qualified or more qualified simply for being a different race. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

again.... just like Cooke You said all that and dodged my question.   

Why weren't you complaining before when other races where being overlooked even when they were just as qualified or more qualified simply for being a different race. 

Because I was born 24 years after that problem was removed from the equation. Deuces. 

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

You can't force these things, and that's what's happening. They're trying to force diversity, they're trying to force equity, and it's back firing. These things have to develop naturally, they have to develop through time, and they were, but that has all been destroyed and we're back to a place worse than square one. Back in the day people at least wanted to mend relations, they wanted it to work.

No one gives a shit anymore and are getting fed up with all of it and I can't blame them, it's a circus. The people are a circus, cultures are a circus, races are a circus, politics are a circus. It's such a clown show that you can't help but wish for the fall of everything. Let natural order take control again.

Affirmative Action EXISTS became of racism. I do agree that it can be flawed but that is at the fault of racist white people. People with your mindset are the reason that it had to be created and you STILL feel the same way as people did before it was created.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop said:

The 'activists' these days hardly stand for anything that actually amounts to a real cause or a rational problem which needs to be mended. Please fuck off with this nonsense. 

Racism/sexism/gender discrimination arent real causes? 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Because I was born 24 years after that problem was removed from the equation. Deuces. 

That problem still exists to this day hence the entire equality movement. 

People fought for decades to get equal rights. 

Now the people are fighting to be treated equally.  

Those are two different things. 

You're complaining that people want to be treated as equals and that feels like discrimination to you. 

So imagine what real discrimination feells like... when you're treated as less than your entire life. 

Edited by Goukosan