Jump to content

Valve announced a new handheld and it looks like shit


Recommended Posts

The $400 version is basically irrelevant because of the storage capacity, but even the $520 isn't that much better. You won't be able to hold many games on 256gb.

 

This will probably be good for playing smaller indie games on the go, but not much else.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Valve came out with a Switch Pro before Nintendo

lol sheep are shook ITT   "a number of popular online games don't work on it"   Well you guys have been skipping most online games for decades now so I'm sure everyone else can co

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The $400 version is basically irrelevant because of the storage capacity, but even the $520 isn't that much better. You won't be able to hold many games on 256gb.

 

This will probably be good for playing smaller indie games on the go, but not much else.

 

And in that case just get a switch because it gets pretty much all the same indie games 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like something that came from a chinese company. And the placement of the D-pad and the face buttons is ridiculous.

 

Knowing that this is another piece of Valve "hardware" this thing won't have any official support by May 2022, and will be abandoned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

didn't something like this come out and bomb? i played it at supercon in 2013 (was like a controller with a screen attached to it). 

No sure what you're referring to, but most of Valves shit they do hardware-wise fizzles out very shortly after launch.

 

You're going to have a very small group of people buy and enjoy this for what it is.  It's a cool device for all it can do, especially if you're heavily invested in Steam already... but this thing will never be a mass market device.  It's not the right price point for that.

 

It might be somewhat successful for Valve depending on the scope they are trying to attain with this product... but I don't think it's going to be some huge thing.

 

I'd love to be wrong, and I'd like to see them iterate on it and bring price down and boost specs... but Valve seems to just move on to the next thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Remij said:

No sure what you're referring to, but most of Valves shit they do hardware-wise fizzles out very shortly after launch.

 

You're going to have a very small group of people buy and enjoy this for what it is.  It's a cool device for all it can do, especially if you're heavily invested in Steam already... but this thing will never be a mass market device.  It's not the right price point for that.

 

It might be somewhat successful for Valve depending on the scope they are trying to attain with this product... but I don't think it's going to be some huge thing.

 

I'd love to be wrong, and I'd like to see them iterate on it and bring price down and boost specs... but Valve seems to just move on to the next thing.

it was the nvidia shield. my bad. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Voidler said:

I love PC now my new Gamedick is more powerful than David Ps laptop :dc:

It isn't lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i would love another handheld competitor, though. something in the $200 - $300 ballpark. i wish the vita didn't have the proprietary memory card crap. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Remij said:

Durante is impressed with it

 

 

image.png

Well I’m sold. I wasn’t interested because it’s a overpriced platform that looks like shit to play watered down PC ports of games that were already watered down ports of console games. But this changes everything.

 

Some guy on an Internet forum likes it? Give me some vasoline while I  bend over and spread my cheeks for valve.

 

Gaming culture has to be the worst medium with their worship of obese slobs on Internet forums and gaming websites. It’s like you fagots own trading cards of resetera posters, giant bomb editors, YouTube personalities and expect normal people to know and give a fuck about  these talentless retards SMH

Edited by Delita
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Delita said:

Well I’m sold. I wasn’t interested because it’s a overpriced platform that looks like shit to play watered down PC ports of games that were already watered down ports of console games. But this changes everything.

 

Some guy on an Internet forum likes it? Give me some vasoline while I  bend over and spread my cheeks for valve.

 

Gaming culture has to be the worst medium with their worship of obese slobs on Internet forums and gaming websites. It’s like you fagots own trading cards of resetera posters, giant bomb editors, YouTube personalities and expect normal people to know and give a fuck about  these talentless retards SMH

You put a lot of effort into being a butthurt dipshit fagt :tom: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sony needs to make a comeback. The switch is a pseudo console, so theres really no competition in the handheld market. A $250-$300 Vita 2 with PS4 quality visuals and some other bells and whistles (maybe even dualsense-esque features integrated into the unit) would be dope.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i would love another handheld competitor, though. something in the $200 - $300 ballpark. i wish the vita didn't have the proprietary memory card crap. 

About the Deck.

 

All models include high-speed microSD card slot

 

Boom.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's up with the resolution? Below 1080p? That blows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ramza said:

What's up with the resolution? Below 1080p? That blows.

It's got a high PPI for the screen size.  800p should look quite nice on it.  Probably a good trade-off between the hardware's capabilities and visual quality.  If what Durante says is true, you're looking at around Series X performance at the devices native resolution.

 

I wonder what battery life is like though.

 

Again, the main thing turning me off from this is that the controllers don't detach.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...