Jump to content

MS family (PC/Series S/X) gets a hidden gem (Death's Door - 9 at IGN; 8 at GS)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if this was on switch, y'all would be deepthroating it lol. MS got the win here. the game looks fun. i mean...the best game on switch last year was hades, which could pass for a phone game, as well, a

I'm playing it right now. Very solid game so far, the pacing is incredible, the game never waste your time. The first two bosses and first dungeon happens during the first 30 minutes. The level design

Well it's not as crazy as Hades. Haha I don't want to send the wrong impression, it's way slower, it's pretty simple so far but I have yet to get new upgrades so we'll see.   But the dungeon

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

 

Too late I already bought it :ben: Steam's refund policy is pretty generous, I can play for up to 2 hours and If I don't like it by then I can just refund it.

I doubt you will ask for a refund.

 

I killed the second main boss and it's still great. It's not an exceptional game nor a very original one but everything is well thought out and solid. It's shaping up to be a 8.5 for me.

 

I wish the new powers (spells and traversal mechanics) were a bit more original but that's fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Whats the difficulty like in this game

Normal to easy. A few of the combat arenas can be hard but it's always a fair challenge, there are no cheap or frustrating moments, at least thus far.

 

I beat most of the bosses on my first try, knowing their patterns will make them pretty easy anyway and dying is not very punishing, you just go back to the last teleport door you took with no penalty. Unlocking shortcuts also alleviate issues with backtracking normally found in those type of games.

 

Not a difficult game, but nor is it a walk in the park. To me it feels just right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

You really are retarded.

 

Fall 2018 to Fall 2019 = 1 Year

Fall 2019 to Fall 2020 = 1 Year

Fall 2020 to Fall 2021 = 1 Year

 

1x3 = 3

 

:snoop:

 

Hey retard post where I said "since release" :umad:

 

I said Gap Year/Non release year. 

 

Gap year/Non release year =/= since last release. 

 

There was a Forza game released in 2018. 

 

2019 no release

 

2020 no release.

 

2021 another Forza release. 

 

Two Gap years/No release years in between. 

 

:reg:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

 

Hey retard post where I said "since release" :umad:

 

I said Gap Year/Non release year. 

 

Gap year/Non release year =/= since last release. 

 

There was a Forza game released in 2018. 

 

2019 no release

 

2020 no release.

 

2021 another Forza release. 

 

Two Gap years/No release years in between. 

 

:reg:

No one cares or talks like this, unless of course they're wrong. It's 3 years, hell it's actually over 3 years at 1,140 days between releases.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

No one cares or talks like this, unless of course they're wrong. It's 3 years, hell it's actually over 3 years at 1,140 days between releases.

 

 

 

Umm I listed out all the yearly releases for Forza.  There was a release every year from 2011 through 2018.   You cannot disregard 2018 since we're looking at release year vs Non release year. 

 

Time since release is a different metric.

Edited by Goukosan
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

 

Umm I listed out all the yearly releases for Forza.  There was a release every year from 2011 through 2018.   You cannot disregard 2018 since we're looking at release year vs Non release year. 

 

Time since release is a different metric.

It's always been time since release. Nobody calculates time between things in this completely strange manner that you are. Also the format for time was already in place when you entered the conversation.

 

If it's a Friday at noon and you say "Let's get together in 3 days" no one says "So Sunday at noon? You know Friday, Saturday, Sunday."

 

No, that's not how dates and times work. That's 48 hours, 72 hours is 3 days which makes your meet a Monday.

 

Edited by DynamiteCop
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

It's always been time since release. Nobody calculates time between things in this completely strange manner that you are. Also the format for time was already in place when you entered the conversation.

 

If it's a Friday at noon and you say "Let's get together in 3 days" no one says "So Sunday at noon? You know Friday, Saturday, Sunday."

 

No, that's not how dates and times work. That's 48 hours, 72 hours is 3 days which makes your meet a Monday.

 

 

3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

 

Umm I listed out all the yearly releases for Forza.  There was a release every year from 2011 through 2018.   You cannot disregard 2018 since we're looking at release year vs Non release year. 

 

Time since release is a different metric.

 

If I was using time since then yes you would have a point.... but I'm not and wasn't from jump. 

 

I already said "time since" aka time in between is a different metric and that I was looking at release year vs Non release year. 

 

Time in between is a flawed metric for this particular comparison because we're looking at yearly releases.   Yearly releases in this case doesn't mean it released exactly 365 of the previous title. 

 

It means it released within a Calender year year at least back to back. 

 

e.g. released anytime in 2018, then anytime in 2020 and then anytime in 2021 would be considered a yearly released title. 

 

You wouldn't use time in between to calculate the days to see if it was exactly 365 days between releases to determine if the title was a yearly release... 

 

example.. if a game released in October 2018...its sequel comes out August 2019 and the 3rd sequel comes out June 2020.

 

Is that considered a yearly release even though the time in between is less than 365 days? 

 

Of course it's a yearly release because each sequel was released within the subsequent calendar year. 

 

No one would actually count the days in between and say... its less than 365 days in between so its not a yearly release. 

 

Well maybe you would :drake:

 

So like I said... if I was comparing time in between I would have said since.... but the comparison that I put forth was yearly releases of Forza titles aka released within that calendar year. 

Edited by Goukosan
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Fixed my controller issue. Fun Zelda-like game so far. It doesn't do anything too crazy but its well designed and controls well, can't really ask for much more for this type of game. Im interested in seeing how the dungeons evolve from here (i've only completed the first one).

The dungeons do get bigger and more complex than the first two, but the traversal mechanics never get too inventive.

 

A bow, a fire spell, a bomb and a hookshot... :ben:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

The dungeons do get bigger and more complex than the first two, but the traversal mechanics never get too inventive.

 

A bow, a fire spell, a bomb and a hookshot... :ben:

 

 

 
Do you eventually get a map? The lack of one is one thing that’s been kind of annoying so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

 
Do you eventually get a map? The lack of one is one thing that’s been kind of annoying so far.

Nope, never felt the need to have one either. I think the level design is pretty intuitive. Might take some time but you'll get used to it.

Edited by Ramza
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Just finished it. Solid 8/10 game. Story actually gets pretty damn dark and morbid by the end :D even with the light hearted style and charm.

Nice! I hope to play it tomorrow. I’ve been super busy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Nice! I hope to play it tomorrow. I’ve been super busy. 

 

yeah. BTW not really related but I have to say the Series X controller is very good. The clickiness of the dpad feels great and its also more comfortable to hold for longer periods of time (probably due to the bumpy grips).

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...