How much paid vacation time do you get?

14 minutes ago, Ramza said:

0, I just ask for the money and keep working.

Yea. The nice thing about having 6 weeks is that I usually don't take them all either and get paid out for 1 or 2 of them.  Usually depends if the wife and I are visiting her fam in Colombia that year or not.

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, kaz said:

ramza working for free :aitch: what a hero

What? I get paid for my time, plus what I would get from my vacation. Basically it's like I'm earning double my usual salary for two weeks. 

I'd never work for free, believe me. I might work my ass off and never ask for anything but there's one thing I expect from my employers, pay me in full and on time or I'm leaving. I'm just there for the money, not like I actually give a shit about his shitty restaurant. 

5 hours ago, Ramza said:

0, I just ask for the money and keep working.

You don't have a life or interests outside of work?  Travel, relax, go do some activies etc? 

I used to do what you described when I was younger work all the time and take 0 time off. 

Not anymore, I maximize whatever time off I have to the fullest.  

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

What? I get paid for my time, plus what I would get from my vacation. Basically it's like I'm earning double my usual salary for two weeks. 

I'd never work for free, believe me. I might work my ass off and never ask for anything but there's one thing I expect from my employers, pay me in full and on time or I'm leaving. I'm just there for the money, not like I actually give a shit about his shitty restaurant. 

:D 

6 hours ago, Goukosan said:

You don't have a life or interests outside of work?  Travel, relax, go do some activies etc? 

I used to do what you described when I was younger work all the time and take 0 time off. 

Not anymore, I maximize whatever time off I have to the fullest.  

Of course I do. I'm not really a workaholic, I'm just tight on money and not taking vacation to get more is always tempting me.

It will change after I'm done with school. With a better paying job, I'll make sure to slack off and go on a real vacation when I can. There's definitely more to life than work, especially when you have a shitty job like I do. lol I'm with you on that %100.

• Upvote 1
On 2021-07-30 at 3:41 PM, Twinblade said:

I have 2 weeks atm. I actually wanted to take a few days off next month or in September and head up to Canada because they were supposed to be opening up the border to Americans. But it sounds like there’s a still a ton of restrictions in place, so there probably isn’t much to see or do. Does that sound about right @Cooke

If you're VAXXED you can come with a negative covid test.