Playstation is dead in Japan (Top 30 games all Switch titles)

I think now is the perfect for Sony to come out guns blazing with a Vita successor especially given the hype surrounding the steam deck. If they can just figure out a way to make it backwards compatible with PS3 and PS4 games I think that would go a long way to making it more appealing for the core market. The games need to be reasonably priced too. They can be console quality (though smaller indie games would excel on it) but should not exceed $40.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I think now is the perfect for Sony to come out guns blazing with a Vita successor especially given the hype surrounding the steam deck. If they can just figure out a way to make it backwards compatible with PS3 and PS4 games I think that would go a long way to making it more appealing for the core market. The games need to be reasonably priced too. They can be console quality (though smaller indie games would excel on it) but should not exceed $40.

Deck hype is niche to nerd gaming boards like this and the other gaming web sites.  Deck isn't going to be making any dents in the mainstream gaming market. 

i would love for sony to get back into the handheld market. just drop the proprietary memory BS and take an initial loss on the systems. a $250 beastly handheld would own! especially if it's compatible with the ps4. 

• Like 1

So, when the PS4 came out, it was selling very well in Japan.

Now, the PS5 is out, and Sony doesn't have much of a presence in Japan, and yet the PS5 is actually outpacing the PS4 in sales.

So, that means that they are actually performing even better in US and Europe to compensate for them not selling in Japan.

That's impressive.

28 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So, when the PS4 came out, it was selling very well in Japan.

Now, the PS5 is out, and Sony doesn't have much of a presence in Japan, and yet the PS5 is actually outpacing the PS4 in sales.

So, that means that they are actually performing even better in US and Europe to compensate for them not selling in Japan.

That's impressive.

This isn't a statement even leveraged at the PlayStation 5, it's a generality. Don't expect any of the electronics sales that have happened over the last year and a half to be any kind of indicator for the future.

Basically every developed country had people sitting at home collecting paychecks and stimulus money that they just threw willy-nilly at all of this crap. That's basically at an end.

To add to this, this has been the most bot wridden and scalper crazy electronics push in history, and not by a little bit, multitudes over.

Edited by DynamiteCop
38 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

This isn't a statement even leveraged at the PlayStation 5, it's a generality. Don't expect any of the electronics sales that have happened over the last year and a half to be any kind of indicator for the future.

Basically every developed country had people sitting at home collecting paychecks and stimulus money that they just threw willy-nilly at all of this crap. That's basically at an end.

To add to this, this has been the most bot wridden and scalper crazy electronics push in history, and not by a little bit, multitudes over.

Bots do not buy things unless they know they are in high demand.

People do not buy $500 things to use for ONE YEAR.

11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Bots do not buy things unless they know they are in high demand.

People do not buy $500 things to use for ONE YEAR.

You do realize that demand is also created due to shortages caused by bots and scalpers, right? The inability to purchase something makes it more desirable.

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

You do realize that demand is also created due to shortages caused by bots and scalpers, right? The inability to purchase something makes it more desirable.

Which makes the PS5 (and Switch) pretty impressive for what was a economically unstable year exiting 2020.

I mean, for somebody who likes to fancy themselves as a tea leaf reader..............you should already know that every single person on this forum would laugh directly in your face if you are making another "fall of the cliff" predict..........for the successor to the 108 million selling Playstation 4 console. LOL

I mean.....are you intentionally trying to to commit to the worst possible predictions?

42 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Are the scalpers selling the PS5 to people or are siting on 10 months worth of stock? 

Edited by Goukosan