New Wipeout Game For PS5 & PSVR 2 is in Development, Claims Insider

I believe it.

I'm interested in seeing what PSVR2 costs.  Are they going to take a big hit and sell them for a loss, or is this thing going to be $500+ ??

They have to get the pricing right... or people will just ignore this thing and continue to buy Oculus Quest 2s for their VR fix.

10 hours ago, Remij said:

I believe it.

I'm interested in seeing what PSVR2 costs.  Are they going to take a big hit and sell them for a loss, or is this thing going to be $500+ ??

They have to get the pricing right... or people will just ignore this thing and continue to buy Oculus Quest 2s for their VR fix.

I'd bet you money PSVR2 will be natively PC compatible. They'll try to get traction in both markets, and also release their VR games there.

13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

I'd bet you money PSVR2 will be natively PC compatible. They'll try to get traction in both markets, and also release their VR games there.

That would be the smartest move... It COULD happen.. and I'd love it if this was a part of Sony's initiative on PC, because VR needs all the support it can get.. so releasing their headset and games on PC just makes sense for the health of the ecosystem... but I don't think we'll see it.. at least not for a while if ever.

I think there's already a better VR device though.. and that's the Oculus Quest 2.

People just don't want to have to connect their VR headsets to stuff... regardless of how good the technology itself is.  The Quest 2 and its sales are a testament to that.  The Quest 2 is selling amazingly well, and people like it because it's essentially the ultimate VR device.  The headset itself is great, it has the best specs out there for a standalone device.  120hz, high resolution, it's got the standard in VR motion controls so essentially all games are built around its capabilities.  It ticks all the boxes.  And of course you can easily connect it to your PC for that wired/wireless experience and play all your Oculus, and Steam VR games.  That's what makes it so great.  You can play your high powered PC experience games... and you can also play your native Quest 2 games... which honestly, in my experience, aren't that far off at all.  120hz mode is silky fucking smooth.

I know I've said this to you before and you've downplayed it... but truthfully.. it's so liberating being completely free of cables and any type of setup.  That's the biggest thing, besides price.  I really wonder what the PSVR2 is going to be like to setup and use.  I think it's only supposed to have 1 single cable come from the PS5.. so that's not too bad.  Rumors point to it having inside out tracking, so if that's the case, then it should be as simple as connect cable to PS5 and make a couple adjustments for height, IPD, and then away you go.

I'm really all for Sony making their headset PC compatible.. as well as PC VR game developers releasing their games on PSVR2.  We need everyone playing these games.  And if Sony is starting to releasing their games on PC... VR makes just as much sense as anything else.