The new Call of Duty

3 hours ago, Remij said:

Both franchises are pure fucking garbage Twinky.

And do you want to know why?

They've both been consolized :reg: 

I don't think modern BF is garbage but the games definitely aren't up to par with the PC centric ones.

giphy.gif

welp looks like battlefield has it in the bag this year. this game looks like a complete disaster. the good news is for activision that COD proper is dead, all anyone will care about for this game is what weapons it'll add to warzone.

Warzone, being free has destroyed the value proposition of COD's yearly $70 release. Cold War was the last one for me, this franchise is officially dead.

BOYCOTT

• Confused 1
2 minutes ago, Boundless said:

giphy.gif

welp looks like battlefield has it in the bag this year. this game looks like a complete disaster. the good news is for activision that COD proper is dead, all anyone will care about for this game is what weapons it'll add to warzone.

Warzone, being free has destroyed the value proposition of COD's yearly $70 release. Cold War was the last one for me, this franchise is officially dead.

BOYCOTT

damn, first xbox...now cod! you've come a long way, bro! 

• Confused 1
7 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

damn, first xbox...now cod! you've come a long way, bro! 

i play every year with my friends from highschool, and Cold War MP was one NOBODY ever played more than a few hours. It was just skipped entirely for warzone. that was literally like lighting $100 on fire for me. I think a lot of people feel the same and will be sticking to warzone only from here on out.

they're in for a rude awakening this year., combined with a ww2 setting. yikes

Remember the good old days when you bought an fps and you didn't have to deal with weapons packs, unlocks, extra xp or season passes?

Modern gaming is a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Boundless said:

i play every year with my friends from highschool, and Cold War MP was one NOBODY ever played more than a few hours. It was just skipped entirely for warzone. that was literally like lighting $100 on fire for me. I think a lot of people feel the same and will be sticking to warzone only from here on out.

is warzone that bad?

20 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Remember the good old days when you bought an fps and you didn't have to deal with weapons packs, unlocks, extra xp or season passes?

Modern gaming is a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

i miss old school shooters, in general, like max payne 1 and 2, call of duty 1 and 2, farcry (even if it was hard af), half life 2, f.e.a.r. (godly AI)....

while i enjoyed halo with fumble sticks, i still preferred shooters with kb+m. there was no competition. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i miss old school shooters, in general, like max payne 1 and 2, call of duty 1 and 2, farcry (even if it was hard af), half life 2, f.e.a.r. (godly AI)....

while i enjoyed halo with fumble sticks, i still preferred shooters with kb+m. there was no competition. 

When you said old school I thought you were gonna follow up with Doom, Unreal tournament, Quake

It feels like just yesterday when we were on Gamespot all arguing about Max Payne 2, call of duty 2 and Fear :(  to kids today those games would be like Space Invaders were to us.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Just now, TLHBO said:

When you said old school I thought you were gonna follow up with Doom, Unreal tournament, Quake

It feels like just yesterday when we were on Gamespot all arguing about Max Payne 2, call of duty 2 and Fear :(  to kids today those games would be like Space Invaders were to us.

those games are too old school for my liking,. i was pretty obsessed with quake and unreal, though, my dad had a beastly rig, back then. i feel like the 2002 - 2005 shooters have held up well. 

i played wolfenstein and doom when they came out. i thought they were the coolest games in the world! like...i didn't want to play another 2d game again (except for myst - was obsessed!). my dad was like remij...always had the most powerful computers (he needed them for designing buildings). 

edit: i think the program was autocad? some shit like that 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Boundless said:

If the rumors are any indication, then I think BF2042's Hazard Zone mode is going to pull a lot of people away from Warzone.

50 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

is warzone that bad?

cold war you mean? Yeah it was awful. 3 hour campaign, shit MP, and was forgotten in weeks.

The whole rape fiasco + WW2 + a historically inaccurate WW2 + BF2042 actually looking decent + Halo

Fat cats at activision are sweating this year. Keep in mind it's almost September and they're down-right HIDING this piece of shit like a bad habit. Still no reveal. :rofls:Game comes out in 8 weeks LMAO

Edited by Boundless
  • Haha 1