The OSTs in these Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters are just incredible

I love almost everything I've heard so far... but holy shit is Pandaemonium EPIC as fuck.  It's the final dungeon in FF2, and boy does it fit the part.

After playing through this game, I think it could actually make for an incredible full scale AAA remake.  Anyway... yea, the OSTs in these PRs are fucking amazing.  I simply can't wait to hear what they've done with 4,5,6's OSTs :whew: 

• Upvote 1

the pixel remasters look absolutely underwhelming to me. I know they kept the og style and improved everything but I really don't give a shit and still would just replay the OGs. The difference to me is basically non existent. 

On 2021-08-14 at 3:24 AM, jehurey said:

Is there a newer version of Celeste's Theme, what is that FF6?

I think I have an MP3 of a piano version from Nobuo Uematsu himself.

I'm sure there will be.  Yea Celes is from FF6.  And I bet it's going to be glorious.  

I'm REALLY interested in seeing what they do with "Aria di Mezzo Carattere" (the opera) from that game.  I think they'll stick pretty close to the original, but it would be lovely to see them go all out with that scene.

Only the first 3 Pixel Remaster games are released right now, and 4, 5, and 6, are all releasing separately in the coming months, which is fine by me, because it's giving me time to play through them all to 100% completion.

Edited by Remij
1 hour ago, Cooke said:

this one looks awesome

hopefully its called Dragon Warrior in NA

I doubt it.  It'll be called Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D I bet.

But yes, it looks phenomenal.  If they gave that treatment to every single Dragon Quest game up 1-6, and released on all modern platforms, then I would absolutely be buying the ever-living HELL out of that shit :wow2: 

30 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Yesh, the remixes are great and doesn't sound cheap with actual instrumentals. Can't wait for IV and VI.

Yes, they're all really well done in that respect.  The OSTs are definitely the standouts of these remasters.  Regardless of peoples opinions on the pixel art, the OSTs seem to be universally praised.

Uematsu :bow: 

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Yesh, the remixes are great and doesn't sound cheap with actual instrumentals. Can't wait for IV and VI.

I really think 4 and 6 had the best music also 15.  

7 minutes ago, lostfool said:

I really think 4 and 6 had the best music also 15.  

IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X and XII all have great music if you ask me.

I don't care for the new composer that has been making music for the series since XIII. He's not bad but his music is somewhat generic, not very memorable, at least to me.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Ramza said:

IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X and XII all have great music if you ask me.

I don't care for the new composer that has been making music for the series since XIII. He's not bad but his music is somewhat generic, not very memorable, at least to me.

Well 15 was done by the legendary Yoko Shimomura.  Her use of symphony and rock is amazing.  And why is she a legend?  She has done some of the most memorable compositions in video games history including Street Fighter 2 as one of her earliest sound tracks. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, lostfool said:

Well 15 was done by the legendary Yoko Shimomura.  Her use of symphony and rock is amazing.  And why is she a legend?  She has done some of the most memorable compositions in video games history including Street Fighter 2 as one of her earliest sound tracks. 

Yes, she's absolutely legendary as well.  Not Uematsu's level, but she's done some incredible music too.  There's very few FF themes that I don't like regardless of the games themselves.  I think they're mostly all great.

34 minutes ago, lostfool said:

Pretty sure she only worked on a few tracks. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Pretty sure she only worked on a few tracks. 

No, most of the Street Fighter 2 arcade soundtrack is hers.  Character select, and new Fighter themes were not hers (Isao Abe) and you can tell.  She also did the SNES sound track and champion edition. Also if you go into Capcom's archives Yoko Shimomura is listed as the composer and Isao Abe is listed as contributor. 

12 hours ago, Cooke said:

this one looks awesome

hopefully its called Dragon Warrior in NA

those look amazing unlike the FF ones. people buy the same game over and over.