Tales of Arise Demo Footage

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Especially From 2:17

you mean the actual areas? i dunno, that's just a pretty generic grassy area honestly, done in pretty different artstyles too.

ill happily take xenoblade esque worlds with a decent combat system though.

1 minute ago, Casual said:

you mean the actual areas? i dunno, that's just a pretty generic grassy area honestly, done in pretty different artstyles too.

ill happily take xenoblade esque worlds with a decent combat system though.

The areas and the combat looks similar to Xenoblade X. 

Arise looks like it will be baller though. 

Edited by Goukosan
6 hours ago, Ike said:

Tomorrow is demo for consoles only. Hermslobs can get fucked. :kaz: 

Lol, the game is coming out in a few weeks. Day one on PC, I don't even need a demo.

30 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

:D It sounds like you've never played a Tales game before, but the combat is nothing like Xenoblade's.

Let me expound a little bit more.  The open world , jumping while exploring and vast verticality of the world are all staples of Xenoblade and these things are new to the tales series with Arise. 

I did not say the combat is the same I said it looks similar.  Xenoblade X and 2 had a greater focus on combos than the original.  Obviously how you achieve these combos will differ from Arise as in tales you combo through button... conversely in Xenoblade X and 2 you combo through commands.. 

13 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Let me expound a little bit more.  The open world , jumping while exploring and vast verticality of the world are all staples of Xenoblade and these things are new to the tales series with Arise. 

I did not say the combat is the same I said it looks similar.  Xenoblade X and 2 had a greater focus on combos than the original.  Obviously how you achieve these combos will differ from Arise as in tales you combo through button... conversely in Xenoblade X and 2 you combo through commands.. 

No, you're still way off. Xenoblade has floaty MMO combat. Its nothing like Tales where the animations line up with your inputs.

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

No, you're still way off. Xenoblade has floaty MMO combat. Its nothing like Tales where the animations line up with your inputs.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

:D It sounds like you've never played beyond a portion of the first game in a series that is four games deep now. 

:cmpunk1:

15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

xenoblade does not have floaty combat

27 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

:cmpunk1:

All of the skills/attacks in xenoblade are canned animations that happen independently of the character movement, the character is completely detached from them. What you’re saying would be no different from comparing World of Warcraft combat to DMC combat.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

All of the skills/attacks in xenoblade are canned animations that happen independently of the character movement, the character is completely detached from them. What you’re saying would be no different from comparing World of Warcraft combat to DMC combat.

No.... all of the skills and attacks aren't independent of movement. What you're discribing is auto attack(which is the most basic of basic attack) , which different from skills, combos and regular attacks. 

16 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

No.... all of the skills and attacks aren't independent of movement. What you're discribing is auto attack(which is the most basic of basic attack) , which different from skills, combos and regular attacks. 

Wrong again. You could literally hit a button for the skill, and move backwards away from the enemy, and the attack will still hit even if the character's weapon doesn't actually connect with the enemy's model. Its floaty and unresponsive just like WoW or the typical WoW-like MMO.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Wrong again. You could literally hit a button for the skill, and move backwards away from the enemy, and the attack will still hit even if the character's weapon doesn't actually connect with the enemy's model. Its floaty and unresponsive just like WoW or the typical WoW-like MMO.

Once you commit to a skill you can't move, you can cancel into another skill to start a combo. 

If you're far from the enemy the attack wouldn't count as a hit. (guns obviously hit from further away)

The game literally has posional elements to the all the attacks... I mean you would know this if you played beyond piece of the first game out of a 4 game series :cmpunk1:

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

eh, WoW is way tighter than Xenoblade. At least Vanilla through Wrath. Sounds more like TOR or GW2 or some shit.