Tales of Arise Demo Footage

Demo was fine but I had higher expectations for the combat. I think part of that might be the demo and the fact that they kind of throw you in to these battles without really letting you get accustomed with the mechanics. But what bothered me the most was that it felt very button-mashy, even more so than previous tales games. I think the enemies (especially the boss at the end) have way too much health so the battles just drag on for longer than it feels like they should. 

the graphics are definitely great though.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Demo was fine but I had higher expectations for the combat. I think part of that might be the demo and the fact that they kind of throw you in to these battles without really letting you get accustomed with the mechanics. But what bothered me the most was that it felt very button-mashy, even more so than previous tales games. I think the enemies (especially the boss at the end) have way too much health so the battles just drag on for longer than it feels like they should. 

the graphics are definitely great though.

yeah, the combat felt a little off but im hoping that's because they just throw you in with a bunch of level 25s and tons of artes. I hope it makes a bit more sense and seems more tactical in the release where you (presumably) get drip fed abilities.

• Upvote 1