Jump to content

August NPD: Switch #1 hardware, Playstation #1 revenue, Xbox #1 in losing the gen


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That 4 already, I'm already sick of it ...      Wait another Forza title? I'm no where close to being sick of those

maybe he meant fire sales

Lemmings talking about games 

Posted Images

Just now, Quad Damage said:

 

87 @ 63 reviews

 

nice try tho :deniro:

89 on PC :umad: 

 

The best version of the game gets the best score ofc. :reg: 

 

And that makes Psychonauts 2.... better than Ratchet :blessed: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Remij said:

89 on PC :umad: 

 

The best version of the game gets the best score ofc. :reg: 

 

And that makes Psychonauts 2.... better than Ratchet :blessed: 

 

87 on the the platform with the most reviews :patpatpat:

  • aitch 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

 

this is pretty funny coming from someone thats stayed mad for months that ratchet and returnals critical reception was better than your guaranteed goty resident evil 8.

 

and no, psychonauts 2 reception (87) was not better than ratchet (88), and returnal (85) is not the most praised ps5 exclusive this year. deathloop is also currently at 88.

good luck on your continuing search for a gotcha game that outscores ratchet tho  :tom:

Psychonauts 2 for PC Reviews - Metacritic

 

No need for a search. It's already there. 

 

I said most praised PS5 exclusive. Deathloop isn't exclusive and Returnal sure is the most praised I've seen out of any PS5 game this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Psychonauts 2 for PC Reviews - Metacritic

 

No need for a search. It's already there. 

 

I said most praised PS5 exclusive. Deathloop isn't exclusive and Returnal sure is the most praised I've seen out of any PS5 game this year.

 

the score with the most sources/reviews is the most credible/difficult to maintain.

 

psychonauts 2 is 87 @ 63 reviews

ratchet and clank is 88 @ 126 reviews

 

even the most reviewed version has half the reviews of ratchet.

 

and again returnal (85) is not more praised than ratchet (88). youre lost.

Edited by Quad Damage
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

I actually own a PC and I'm a hermit/cow but since this website only lets us pick one option I picked Cow because I don't want to be associated with fake HermitLems like you pretending to be hermit when you're actually a Lem. No self respecting Hermit would shill and suck off Microsoft the way you do, you're a lem fraud hiding behind PC.

 

I have no interest in the game and apparently neither do most people seeing as the shit didn't even chart on NPD  :vabe:

 

 

If I actually cared about the game I could have bought it on Steam and GOG like I do with my other PC games. Unlike clowns like you I don't rent games I want, I actually buy them.

 

 

it's hilarious when Sony has been putting out games like TLOU2 and GOW which actually win awards and get all the critical acclaim you've been here damage controlling and downplaying them but suddenly  now you are bringing up the ratings of Psychonauts 2. It doesn't work that way you lemshit. You don't get to downplay critical acclaim on another platform and then bring it up when your favorite platform gets it. This is why you Lemshits are the jokes of the gaming industry. It's not about the love of games for you clowns, it's about deepthroating a Trillion dollar company :qbad:

 

 

It would be pretty hard for me to be a Lemming when this is the second gen in a row that I skip on Xbox consoles. Not sure where you get the idea that I'm defending Microsoft, I'm mocking you and the POS5.

 

I've never been subscribed to Gamepass if that's what you are implying. 

 

I don't give a shit about reviews personally. Just exposing your double standards. Funny seeing you talk about the love of games and not deepthroating a trillion dollar company when that's exactly what you are doing in your own thread. Omg highest revenue, cum on me. Omg price increase, cum on me. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Remij said:

Not enough for you to play them though eh? :bena: 

 

:tom: 

But apparently enough for you to cry about them.

 

And me, for that matter.

 

Anyways, I was just looking at the neogaf thread where they posted the NPD info, and they are clearly reaching the same conclusions alot of us here are doing.

 

Quote
Damn 13 of the top 20 software are just Nintendo and Sony.
 

 

Quote
4 First party titles in that list for SOny, thats fantastic.

Super great to see Insomniac's games still tracking they deserve all the sales they can get. Same goes for Ghost.

 

Quote
PS5 is a beast in both SW and HW departments.

 

Quote
Gaffers: No one will buy $70 games, let alone $70 Director's Cut of an older game.

Sony:200.gif
 
 

 

Quote

Bryank75

Member

 

Damn 13 of the top 20 software are just Nintendo and Sony.

My takeaway too.... 1st party is more important than ever, exclusives are the most popular and highest quality.

Its really becoming obvious at this point that genuine exclusives are what is leading this entire thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I don't give a shit about reviews personally. Just exposing your double standards. Funny seeing you talk about the love of games and not deepthroating a trillion dollar company when that's exactly what you are doing in your own thread. Omg highest revenue, cum on me. Omg price increase, cum on me. 

 

no one is doing that.

 

this NPD list shows what GAMERS ARE WANTING.

 

this list is a reflection of the MARKET..........which is full of gamers like you and me.

 

What we are amazed is that the gamers are clearly showing what business model is suiting them.

 

They have a choice between a cheap rental service that doesn't really have any noteworthy games..........or major exclusives, and even though they have to plunk down $60 or $70 for the exclusives, they're still doing it.

 

And its not even close, the vast majority are doing it. That's really telling, and for alot of us even somewhat surprising.

Edited by jehurey
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Quad Damage said:

 

the score with the most sources/reviews is the most credible/difficult to maintain.

 

psychonauts 2 is 87 @ 63 reviews

ratchet and clank is 88 @ 126 reviews

 

even the most reviewed version is almost half the reviews of ratchet.

 

and again returnal (85) is not more praised than ratchet (88). youre lost.

Phew, one point, you can sleep easy tonight. 

 

I wasn't talking only critical reception. Returnal is certainly more praised than Ratchet, at least around here. Regardless, my comment was to illustrate that sales doesn't dictate quality and it certainly changes nothing to that purpose. Returnal still got high scores and still didn't sell much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

 

 

this list is a reflection of the MARKET..........which is full of gamers like you and me.

Good one.

 

Nice try though. :pavarotti:

  • dead 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ramza said:

Phew, one point, you can sleep easy tonight. 

 

I wasn't talking only critical reception. Returnal is certainly more praised than Ratchet, at least around here. Regardless, my comment was to illustrate that sales doesn't dictate quality and it certainly changes nothing to that purpose. Returnal still got high scores and still didn't sell much.

 

im not the one losing sleep over ratchet/2 playstation platformers. :pavarotti:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

 

im not the one losing sleep over ratchet/2 playstation platformers. :pavarotti:

Please, I wouldn't even remember the existence of Ratshit if I wasn't posting here.

 

Playstation least desirable line-up of all time. :pavarotti:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Remij said:

 

:lawl: 

poor guy doesn't even know how to respond anymore.

 

especially considering NPD charts from the previous 7 years don't even apply to him.:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:i just realized that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ramza said:

Please, I wouldn't even remember the existence of Ratshit if I wasn't posting here.

 

Playstation least desirable line-up of all time. :pavarotti:

It's amazing how Ratchet and Clank became a premier Sony game... despite not having changed a single fucking thing about it :mj: 

 

And it's not even good or desirable enough to play for Jehurey to even put in his PS5 once...  These are the AAA bangers they're trying to tell us about :hest: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...