BF2042 Open Beta trailer - Starts October 8th

26 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Graphics range from heavily impressive to downright ugly/jaggy in series X. The foliage looks especially well done and blows me away how cry’s is/far cry did back in the day. 

however there are mannnnny graphical glitches rn. Otherwise it seems a bit easier than previous BFs, not a bad thing 

you’re probably playing against bots if it’s easy. Most console players actually seem to be struggling right now because they’re being put in lobbies filled with PC gamers and as a result they’re being outgunned left and right. It sounds like there’s practically no aim assist on consoles either, but that might be a beta thing.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Halo shiiiiits on this.  

I'll stop playing metroid to play this casual F****t SJW Shit i can't wait     Any SP campaign in this Joe Biden F***** Loser sub male CUCKOLD game???       Just kid

Halo is a Sci fi shooter... not based around real world shit. 

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

you’re probably playing against bots if it’s easy. Most console players actually seem to be struggling right now because they’re being put in lobbies filled with PC gamers and as a result they’re being outgunned left and right. It sounds like there’s practically no aim assist on consoles either, but that might be a beta thing.

I just mean it’s easier in general, the shooting and aiming of the gun. Easier to hit a target, imo. 

i generally despise heavy auto aim tho so maybe i just enjoy the freedom more. 

Edited by ghostz

Played second match. 

Lost both of them with each side.

More impressions; tons of graphical glitches. 

Surfaces going from bright to dark constantly.

Hopping on gunner is atrocious. You can't see shit because the screens keeps constantly jumping and juddering.

Basic guns are useless at long range, but that is expected.

Little Black Bird is OP and for some fucking reason nobody seems to be taking care of them. Seriously, a group of us took control of some sector and this black bird proceeded to mow us down.

The game encourages camping. You can't be running from objective to objective. You stick to one control and you need to stay there and secure for the remaining of the match.

This also encourages a lot more teamwork but this is next to impossible with randoms.

48 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Played second match. 

Lost both of them with each side.

More impressions; tons of graphical glitches. 

Surfaces going from bright to dark constantly.

Hopping on gunner is atrocious. You can't see shit because the screens keeps constantly jumping and juddering.

Basic guns are useless at long range, but that is expected.

Little Black Bird is OP and for some fucking reason nobody seems to be taking care of them. Seriously, a group of us took control of some sector and this black bird proceeded to mow us down.

The game encourages camping. You can't be running from objective to objective. You stick to one control and you need to stay there and secure for the remaining of the match.

This also encourages a lot more teamwork but this is next to impossible with randoms.

Thats not called camping. Its called defending the objective and its very much a viable strategy :ben: Running to far away objectives is risky but most people don't seem to realize that you can call in vehicle drops to make getting from one control point to the other easier.

What platform are you on? Series X and PS5 do appear to have some pretty obnoxious stuttering/juddering issues. 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Thats not called camping. Its called defending the objective and its very much a viable strategy :ben: Running to far away objectives is risky but most people don't seem to realize that you can call in vehicle drops to make getting from one control point to the other easier.

What platform are you on? Series X and PS5 do appear to have som pretty obnoxious stuttering/juddering issues. 

You see what I am doing and you would call me a camper, trust me.

However it is the good kind because objectives are far spread out which is good.

Didn't know you could call vehicles but it doesn't mean anything since you are pretty much dead if you are running alone.

This is such a stark contrast from BFV in which you would see people rolling together to the objectives.

Btw, I am playing on Series X.

I like the gun play though. It is tight and precise. Long range shooting requires scopes, trigger discipline and tactics.

Do you know how many maps is this coming with?

Most likely I'll get it with a discount from Gamepass, although Premium is a must.

7 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

You see what I am doing and you would call me a camper, trust me.

However it is the good kind because objectives are far spread out which is good.

Didn't know you could call vehicles but it doesn't mean anything since you are pretty much dead if you are running alone.

This is such a stark contrast from BFV in which you would see people rolling together to the objectives.

Btw, I am playing on Series X.

I like the gun play though. It is tight and precise. Long range shooting requires scopes, trigger discipline and tactics.

Do you know how many maps is this coming with?

Most likely I'll get it with a discount from Gamepass, although Premium is a must.

Its easy to get to objectives with the same sector (like from C1 to C2) on foot but yeah if you go to an entirely different sector then you definitely want to find a vehicle or call one in. Theres lots of wide open spaces with little cover so its easy to get picked off especially in the center of the map where the launch area is.

The base game has 7 maps but theres 6 remakes from previous games being released for the Portal mode. 

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

Just played a second game. Def easier that precious battlefields in terms of overall aiming. Sniping is ridiculously hard tho lmao I think I missed 20+ shots in a row. 

Sniping is hard because you have to account for bullet drop at longer distances. Its not like CoD or Halo where you just point and shoot.

2 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Halo >

Halo is DEFINITELY better.

lmao spend 3 minutes running to an objective, and then die, and then spend another 3 minutes running back :tom: 

Arena shooters are way better than this fucking open world large map bullshit :shake: 

The game is definitely in a rough shape, and they should honestly delay it until next year.

Edited by Remij
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Remij said:

lmao spend 3 minutes running to an objective, and then die, and then spend another 3 minutes running back :tom: 

Arena shooters are way better than this fucking open world large map bullshit :shake: 

The game is definitely in a rough shape, and they should honestly delay it until next year.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

It should be delayed to next year.

Looks rushed, and it will lack content.

I was thinking about getting it with EA Play discount but I know the game will be a bugfest till next year and probably cheaper bundled with Premium.

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Remij said:

Lol Arena shooters are so boring. Run around a shoe box sized map and 10 minutes later you've pretty much seen everything the game has too offer. BF is much more dynamic but also has a steeper learning curve which is why so many people give up on it so quickly. But its also the most rewarding when you learn all the systems and you pull off some insane shit

its definitely rough though, ill give you that. I don't understand how they cancelled the campaign to focus on the multiplayer yet it ends up being this unpolished so close to release.

I've already accepted that its going to launch in a messy state tbh.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Lol Arena shooters are so boring. Run around a shoe box sized map and 10 minutes later you've pretty much seen everything the game has too offer. BF is much more dynamic but also has a steeper learning curve which is why so many people give up on it so quickly. But its also the most rewarding when you learn all the systems and you pull off some insane shit

its definitely rough though, ill give you that. I don't understand how they cancelled the campaign to focus on the multiplayer yet it ends up being this unpolished so close to release.

I've already accepted that its going to launch in a messy state tbh.

Nah, in arena shooters you're constantly engaged with the action.. and it's the players and their creativity making plays, and teamwork which make the game fun and interesting.

In BF it just feels like you're fodder.. just running from objective to objective... spend more time running than anything else.  People don't know how to work together in those games... and it just feels all disjointed.

Different strokes for different folks though.

Edited by Remij

Playing on PS5 and the visuals are crisp and nice. Noticed a few visual glitches here and there and some dropped frames but overall it’s solid. Seems like it’s running native 4K or some really good temporal injection on PS5 because I don’t notice any blurriness. It also has an FOV slider which is welcome change for consoles. It’s a way better beta than BF3 and BF4 were back in the day. People complaining about minor glitches in this game must have completely skipped older BF betas.

I tuned off crossplay on PS5 because I know PC players will have the immediate advantage over console players. I’m not finding it difficult to find rooms full of players so that means the matchmaking is working properly in the beta at least. I’ve already had several crazy BF moments and I got picked up by the tornado which was fun. Overall, it’s a fun experience and I can’t wait to see what the full game will offer. It’s a relief for me because I haven’t liked a BF game since BF4 so the fact I enjoyed this was good.

34 minutes ago, Remij said:

Nah, in arena shooters you're constantly engaged with the action.. and it's the players and their creativity making plays, and teamwork which make the game fun and interesting.

In BF it just feels like you're fodder.. just running from objective to objective... spend more time running than anything else.  People don't know how to work together in those games... and it just feels all disjointed.

Different strokes for different folks though.

People literally make the 'map is too big' and/or 'you just spend all your time running' excuses with every BF game. Conquest is naturally more open ended but if you know how to make use of the systems (including the new vehicle call ins) there is no way you should be spending more than 30-45 seconds running around without encountering any enemies. Though I will say its much harder to get oriented in this beta because they straight up did not include a map of the battlefield (which you could always open with M) thats a pretty ridiculous thing to not have in the game yet.

In the span of like 3 minutes I stuck C4 on a ATV, drove it into a enemy base that was being contested, drove off to an enemy and jumped off before detonating the C4 and blowing him up. Soon after we had captured the base and I proceeded to call in a tank which I then drove up to the rocket launch pad and blasted a littlebird out of the sky that was just hovering above. Just before that in a different match the tornado appeared and it was making its way through a base that I was in the middle of assaulting. Not only was it a crazy sight but my HUD was malfunctioning and then when the announcer spoke to say that we were capturing a sector her voice was actually distorted because of the signal interference that the tornado caused. Crazy moments and attention to detail like that are what I love about this series :wow2:

The game will also have Breakthrough which is a more focused 'tug of war' type of mode that im sure the average Halo/CoD fan would enjoy more, and they should have probably included that in the beta.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

You need to use vehicle spawner and stay close to objectives. Running around like a headless chicken will get you sniped just like in real life. I rarely ever run between objectives especially when I can easily spawn a vehicle in a few seconds to my location.

Seems to me Conquest isn’t your style, perhaps TDM would be more focused and smaller for people like you that prefer close quarter combat.

3 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

You need to use vehicle spawner and stay close to objectives. Running around like a headless chicken will get you sniped just like in real life. I rarely ever run between objectives especially when I can easily spawn a vehicle in a few seconds to my location.

Seems to me Conquest isn’t your style, perhaps TDM would be more focused and smaller for people like you that prefer close quarter combat.

Yea no.  It just sucks. It's just mindless running and driving.  There's no "fun" here...  And weapons have no, and I mean NO recoil.  Just feels like COD at this point... except you're spending far more time just running around doing nothing.

• Sad 1