launch aligned the Xbox Series trails the Xbone by 2 million units, PS5 on pace with PS4

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aside from Ratchet, and the upcoming FH5, I have been pretty underwhelmed by “next gen” visuals. I think sales number will be more interesting once the system shortages end and we get more games that

I think Plague Tale 2 is going to surprise us next year. Its one of the few announced games that isn't cross gen, and the first one still looks great. Im really not sure what else isn't cross gen that

Yeah, that looks incredible! 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

It sells better on Xbox by selling less :drake:

You're so stupid I've had to quote the same post twice to contradict your dumbass, and shockingly it's my first post in the thread which made things as clear as day from the beginning.

You are a slow mother fucker. 

10 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

This is actually speaking to the opposite, sure total sales are higher but unit sales per owner on Playstation are much lower.

This is what Ubisoft was speaking about 5 years ago, Xbox users are more valuable to them than PlayStation users.

This is quite literally saying PlayStation users do not buy games. This completely backfired on you.

Try to keep up you downy. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop said:

You're so stupid I've had to quote the same post twice to contradict your dumbass, and shockingly it's my first post in the thread which made things as clear as day from the beginning.

You are a slow mother fucker. 

Try to keep up you downy. 

So games DON'T sell more on Xbox as you said earlier because like you just posted it half as many software units:umad:

51 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Are you fucking slow or something? Over double the hardware and less than double the software sales. You're not even inquisitive enough as a thinking human being to understand that I'm not talking about total sales volume; which has been made functionally clear from the onset.

Per user, per console games sell less on PlayStation. An Xbox user buys more, Xbox users are more valuable.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/02/ubisoft-suggests-xbox-one-owners-are-more-valuable-than-ps4-owners/

Ubisoft's latest earnings report shows that the French mega-publisher is making significantly more money from selling PS4 games than Xbox One games.

That's not surprising, considering that the PS4 is handily outselling the Xbox One worldwide. What is somewhat surprising is that the Xbox One owners appear to be spending more on Ubisoft games on a per user basis (as VentureBeat noticed).

Ubisoft didn't break out this per-user stat in its most recent earnings report, but it did report that 41 percent of its holiday quarter 2015 revenue came from PS4 game sales versus 27 percent of revenue from Xbox One games. So in their entirety, the PS4 market is currently worth about 52 percent more to Ubisoft than the Xbox One market (all of Ubisoft's recent games have come out for both platforms

_____

This is from your article. How in the fuck you got good news out of this is beyond me. This is the height of desperation. Lol 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Ubisoft's latest earnings report shows that the French mega-publisher is making significantly more money from selling PS4 games than Xbox One games.

That's not surprising, considering that the PS4 is handily outselling the Xbox One worldwide. What is somewhat surprising is that the Xbox One owners appear to be spending more on Ubisoft games on a per user basis (as VentureBeat noticed).

Ubisoft didn't break out this per-user stat in its most recent earnings report, but it did report that 41 percent of its holiday quarter 2015 revenue came from PS4 game sales versus 27 percent of revenue from Xbox One games. So in their entirety, the PS4 market is currently worth about 52 percent more to Ubisoft than the Xbox One market (all of Ubisoft's recent games have come out for both platforms

_____

This is from your article. How in the fuck you got good news out of this is beyond me. This is the height of desperation. Lol 

Because whether you like it or not per capita sales are very important. 

5 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

Let's see shall we. 

Roughly 132 million modern PlayStation consoles in circulation with a third party sales margin of 37%

Roughly 65 million modern Xbox consoles in circulation with a sales margin of 19%...

That's 103% more consoles in circulation with a game sales volume increase of only 94%.

Games sell better on Xbox. 

:kaz::kaz::kaz::kaz:

"His car only has 103% more horsepower than mine............but it only reaches a top speed that's 94% higher than mine."

"So you see..........in a way, my car is better!"

-Dynocrap

This dumbass tried to hardware slightly MORE than doubling the Xbox is ONLY SELLING third-party software slightly UNDER double that of Xbox..........as some sort of Xbox victory.

Genuinely one of the most pathetic fanboy posts I have ever seen in the 16 years I've been on this forum, and that's saying something.

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

Because whether you like it or not per capita sales are very important. 

No..........not when it cost Ubisoft roughly the same amount of money to create both a PS4 version and a XBox version.

If one of them is selling almost double of the other.........they don't see it as "per capita"

NOBODY sees it within the context of "per capita"

Only you are.............because that's the only context left in which Xbox is only barely better.

This is some Hall of Shame worthy stuff you are typing.

6 hours ago, jehurey said:

:kaz::kaz::kaz::kaz:

"His car only has 103% more horsepower than mine............but it only reaches a top speed that's 94% higher than mine."

"So you see..........in a way, my car is better!"

-Dynocrap

This dumbass tried to hardware slightly MORE than doubling the Xbox is ONLY SELLING third-party software slightly UNDER double that of Xbox..........as some sort of Xbox victory.

Genuinely one of the most pathetic fanboy posts I have ever seen in the 16 years I've been on this forum, and that's saying something.

This all tracks with his personality. When my foreign friends spent much of the last five years asking me how, DC is the perfect example of that mindset. He wants good Xbox news, and will take whatever crumbs he get and he's also pretty stupid so he just listens to whatever he's told. 

I read the article that this one was cosigning and it's like Xbox propaganda designed to keep Xbox fanboys making fools of themselves. 

"Xbox One will likely never catch up to the PlayStation 4 in terms of market share, but Microsoft can use figures like attach rate and ARPU to help reassure third parties — at least those that make blockbuster games that the Xbox One is a viable platform."

-Jeff grub

Yes, nothing says juggernaut console quite like " needing to reassure" people to make games for it. This wasn't even noteworthy to Ubisoft as the article even states that UBI didn't even bother to include that stat in their investor briefs because it means nothing. 

The more a console sells, the lesser its attach rate is. There are only so people who play Madden, or COD. break through consoles like ps2 and Wii have games that appeal casuals and even niche gamers as well. 

Can we also address the fact that this article is almost 6 years old. This fool is dropping this shit here like a smoking gun. Move over Cooke, we have a new biggest idiot. 

On 2021-10-30 at 3:55 PM, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol that logic is retarded. MS doesn't want you to buy Xbox! 2021 lemmings are a trip. 

It's true though they're saying it out right. Microsoft is Netflix now. Does Netflix care what box you watch them on? 

Just now, Vini said:

It's true though they're saying it out right. Microsoft is Netflix now. Does Netflix care what box you watch them on? 

Does Netflix sell hardware? 

Did nextflix spend hundreds of millions of dollars on Research and Development of said hardware? 

Did Netflix spend hundreds of millions of dollars on marketing said hardware? 

Lemmings are fucking stupid :drake:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Does Netflix sell hardware? 

Did nextflix spend hundreds of millions of dollars on Research and Development of said hardware? 

Did Netflix spend hundreds of millions of dollars on marketing said hardware? 

Lemmings are fucking stupid :drake:

So what if they did. It wouldn't put a dent on their subscription income. 

Microsoft is now making half a billion dollars a month on gamepass. Who cares about hardware.  

1 hour ago, Vini said:

I don’t understand the lemmings endgame here.

Lets say Microsoft doesn’t care about hardware, then they should want Gamepass on Switch and PS5.

Lets say Gamepass ends up on PS5….somehow lemmings are going to say TCHBO? Why because MS is essentially third party now and their console is irrelevant? Because you can then play xbox games on ps5?

How do lemmings win this exactly?

Not that it matters because xbox has no games anyway so their console and service is irrelevant 

I don’t know why I thought the series X was outperforming the Xbone. If it’s in fact trailing it it really doesn’t bode well for its lifetime sales. 

PS5, at least in Europe, is still incredibly scarce, I would argue more so than the PS4 from what I remember. Seems like microsoft can try and give away their games for virtually nothing and people still don’t want their console. 

Edited by Cell
2 hours ago, TLHBO said:

I don’t understand the lemmings endgame here.

Lets say Microsoft doesn’t care about hardware, then they should want Gamepass on Switch and PS5.

Lets say Gamepass ends up on PS5….somehow lemmings are going to say TCHBO? Why because MS is essentially third party now and their console is irrelevant? Because you can then play xbox games on ps5?

How do lemmings win this exactly?

Not that it matters because xbox has no games anyway so their console and service is irrelevant 

Endgame is Microsoft makes a fuckton of money on gamepass and starts churning out great exclusives non stop that you no longer have to shell out $70 a pop for.

Endgame is drowning Sony in an avalanche of quality content in the second half of this gen. 

Edited by Vini
2 minutes ago, Vini said:

Endgame is Microsoft makes a fuckton of money on gamepass and starts churning out great exclusives non stop that you no longer have to shell out $70 a pop for.

Endgame is drowning Sony in an avalanche of quality content in the second half of this gen. 

This reads like a letter to Santa. 

Edited by Cell
  • dead 1