Battlefailed 2042 is a 66 metacritic POS on consoles - worst FPS this year

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/battlefield-2042

damn, the console versions were so busted EA and dice were hiding review copies from sites.

They thought they could fool console gamers for a solid week and we'd all rush out and get the game day 1 only to be served with a broken, unplayable stinker.

worst developer of all time and BF is officially dead after a slew of stinkers (Hardline, BF1, V, and now 2042 all trash). This is the end for BF.

Its at 75 on PC. Regardless, I can't really defend the state that the game launched in. Its very ambitious and they needed more time to polish it up instead of just rushing it out the door. I know there must have been setbacks with Covid but even by Battlefield standards this was a pretty bad launch. They needed to avoid a repeat of BF4 and BFV and they failed in that regard.

Still, i've been lucky enough to avoid many of the bugs being reported and have been having a good time with the game (on PC). When it shines, it REALLY shines. There is nothing quite like a massive 128 player tug of war with choppers flying overhead, vehicles exploding in the distance, players parachuting onto rooftops, massive firefights all over the place, all happening while a tornado tears through the contested area and adds even more chaos to the action. Ill gladly take something like this over another vanilla CoD or Halo game any day of the week, even if it doesn't always stick the landing.

Anyways, I look forward to the many patches and DLC. DICE managed to turn BFV around with some very good post launch support, so im hoping they do the same with 2042.

PC is the junior leagues though, they should have sacrificed the PC version to ensure that the majority will experience the best, on console.

much like CD Projekt red hiding the PS4/Bone version of CyberJunk, Dice saw what happened there and decided to try the exact same devious tactic by hiding reviews for these versions.

Lowdown scum, Swedish rats. They're done after this.

14 minutes ago, Chicano3000X said:

BF1 was one of the best out there. The fuck you talkin' bout willis? :ben:

It was fun but part of that was due to the novelty of the setting. A  big budget WW1 shooter was unheard of at the time and while they pulled it off fairly well, the weapons and equipment of the era made the gameplay less enjoyable. I think BF works best in a modern/futuristic setting.

12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Its at 75 on PC. Regardless, I can't really defend the state that the game launched in. Its very ambitious and they needed more time to polish it up instead of just rushing it out the door. I know there must have been setbacks with Covid but even by Battlefield standards this was a pretty bad launch. They needed to avoid a repeat of BF4 and BFV and they failed in that regard.

Still, i've been lucky enough to avoid many of the bugs being reported and have been having a good time with the game (on PC). When it shines, it REALLY shines. There is nothing quite like a massive 128 player tug of war with choppers flying overhead, vehicles exploding in the distance, players parachuting onto rooftops, massive firefights all over the place, all happening while a tornado tears through the contested area and adds even more chaos to the action. Ill gladly take something like this over another vanilla CoD or Halo game any day of the week, even if it doesn't always stick the landing.

Anyways, I look forward to the many patches and DLC. DICE managed to turn BFV around with some very good post launch support, so im hoping they do the same with 2042.

I really don't understand how you can just get nearly every point wrong, it's quite amazing.

First off, It's only 75 on PC because Electronic Gaming Monthly scored it 100 :cruise:

Next, it's riddled with bugs, glitches, and their are literally thousands of different videos and clips/compilations of all of the different glitches found throughout the game.

Third, Battlfield V was and is, still filled with hackers, and had a lower average count than BF1. Don't bring it up, it's high level trash.

Finally, BF1 was a far superior game to BF V and 2042, it's just the setting combined with BF gameplay is jarring (meaning WW1 was brutal trench and artillery warfare were 25K men could die in a hour of bombardment)  to be running around with SMG's crouch sliding into buildings

However, as a game, from a technical aspect, Battlefield 1  it was fantastic, great gunplay, ran well hardly any glitches and some of the most satisfying headshot registers in an MP game.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I really don't understand how you can just get nearly every point wrong, it's quite amazing.

First off, It's only 75 on PC because Electronic Gaming Monthly scored it 100 :cruise:

Next, it's riddled with bugs, glitches, and their are literally thousands of different videos and clips/compilations of all of the different glitches found throughout the game.

Third, Battlfield V was and is, still filled with hackers, and had a lower average count than BF1. Don't bring it up, it's high level trash.

Finally, BF1 was a far superior game to BF V and 2042, it's just the setting combined with BF gameplay is jarring (meaning WW1 was brutal trench and artillery warfare were 25K men could die in a hour of bombardment)  to be running around with SMG's crouch sliding into buildings

However, as a game, from a technical aspect, Battlefield 1  it was fantastic, great gunplay, ran well hardly any glitches and some of the most satisfying headshot registers in an MP game.

EGM giving it a 100 is balanced out by the several 4/10 reviews which are completely unreasonable.

The hackers are bad and something they should have addressed but still, in terms of post launch content they did a lot with BFV. And while  BF1 was a very good game, the limited setting did hurt it.

I still think BF belongs in a modern-ish setting. Looking at my origin playtime, I have just under 80 hours played in BF1 and V, but I’m already close to the 40 hour mark in BF2042. As I said the game is rough and it should have been delayed again but I’m still getting a lot of enjoyment from the gameplay loop. It’s not the BF4 successor I envisioned, but I’ll still take it over every other MP shooter offering out there.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

The atmospheric weather and lighting in this game :wow2:

Night_Rain.thumb.jpg.30299aace1629076f43a9e17a3b61e51.jpgTornado.thumb.jpg.f0506d6e74cdbe06cd7c5a40fbf59785.jpg

..........is not even better than last-gen games.

27j0apshqxw61.jpg

as somebody from North Texas, who has seen actual tornados........that tornado level and the way it looks it laughable:drake:

33 minutes ago, jehurey said:

..........is not even better than last-gen games.

27j0apshqxw61.jpg

as somebody from North Texas, who has seen actual tornados........that tornado level and the way it looks it laughable:drake:

BF2042 is far beyond Horizon from a technical standpoint. The screens I posted are badly compressed but the foilage, AO, and post processing as a whole make it a better looking game.

22 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

BF2042 is far beyond Horizon from a technical standpoint. The screens I posted are badly compressed but the foilage, AO, and post processing as a whole make it a better looking game.

LOL he's now backtracking and blaming the image compression.