There have already been more COVID deaths this year in the U.S than in all of 2020

You know even the WHO says vaccines are not the way out of this. Its vaccines AND other things. in the west we have become so hyper focused on one thing. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/21/who-warns-a-coronavirus-vaccine-alone-will-not-end-pandemic.html

we need vaccines yes, but also we need to work on the route causes of why people actually die when infected with covid. Even with Vaccines, unhealthy people are dying with covid in large numbers. Is obesity a taboo subject with Americans? Yall can get fat as fuck and take a vaccine and think you're good but really you're not. Its all about FEELING safe rather than actually being safe.  You know where people aren't dying from Covid? Africa.  If a pandemic was going to cause great devastation somewhere it should be there but they aren't fat asses. Instead the death per capitas are highest in the highest GDP countries. 

Edited by Cooke
11 minutes ago, Saucer said:

How did I ignore it? By not denouncing Cooke? 

I'm not saying you ignored anything, I'm saying Cooke ignored a pretty obvious flaw in his comparison and that the 'data is hard to read' isn't a good excuse for him since this really isn't a case where that applies. There's new studies, conflicting studies, studies that haven't been peer reviewed and get propped up by one side or the other but end up getting torn apart during peer review, CDC/WHO giving conflicting information, etc., so I don't disagree that the data is hard to read, but not using pre-vaccine deaths to compare states as evidence of vaccine efficacy isn't one of those situations lol.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

I'm not saying you ignored anything, I'm saying Cooke ignored a pretty obvious flaw in his comparison and that the 'data is hard to read' isn't a good excuse for him since this really isn't a case where that applies. There's new studies, conflicting studies, studies that haven't been peer reviewed and get propped up by one side or the other but end up getting torn apart during peer review, CDC/WHO giving conflicting information, etc., so I don't disagree that the data is hard to read, but not using pre-vaccine deaths to compare states as evidence of vaccine efficacy isn't one of those situations lol.

Lol more of that bullshit. At no point was it inferred that Saucer ignored it and you were talking about cocke and in order to "get someone" you first have to set them up. Pointing out a flaw in someone's logic they themselves volunteered isn't trying to get them. 

15 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

After rereading the thread, you're right. I should've left off "I would ask this question to everyone." It was clumsy. I wasn't consciously trying to defend Cooke, but I was, and he didn't need to be defended. And it stepped on the point I wanted to discuss.

13 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol more of that bullshit. At no point was it inferred that Saucer ignored it and you were talking about cocke and in order to "get someone" you first have to set them up. Pointing out a flaw in someone's logic they themselves volunteered isn't trying to get them. 

It's the "lol" at the end of the correction that's the gotcha. Be real.

5 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Iol you're just looking defend another stealth right winger even when they are wrong. 

Okay fine. You're a DNC/MSNBC company man who thinks any dissent from the company line is right wing fascism. Calling Cookie a rightwinger is ridiculous. And way to immediately abandon your weirdo rules about what constitutes a gotcha.

On 2021-11-23 at 12:17 PM, Hot Sauce said:

The list you're referring to is deaths from COVID since the start of the pandemic. Why do you think it's a good list to reference against the efficacy of vaccines?

It's Cooke, not suprised he doesn't understand what he posted. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • dead 1
2 hours ago, Saucer said:

Okay fine. You're a DNC/MSNBC company man who thinks any dissent from the company line is right wing fascism. Calling Cookie a rightwinger is ridiculous. And way to immediately abandon your weirdo rules about what constitutes a gotcha.

Lol I'm only a Democrat because in NYC you have to be a member of one of the major parties so I chose to be a slash Democrat as proxy but am a member of the WFP. I don't have as many gripes with the DNC AS the GOP but that is because Republicans are fucking insane and cozy with bigotry and warring with logic.

Also doesn't help that Republicans don't actually have any plans for anything other than preventing people of color from voting. 

As for MSNBC, I do enjoy the alt right wet dreams of leftist loving MSNBC or any other corporate news org because Crowder or Pool or Shapiro told you guys so.  I also didn't want Biden to run, let alone win the nomination. However, seeing the terrible option of Trump who could argue. 

At the end of the day like with anything left or right, the rights option is completely fucking terrible. I don't agree with everything left and that is how a healthy democracy to be. It plain sucks that we have a duopoly and one of the options is deplorable.