Went back to Android for the first time in 2 years..

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apple is dated shit. 

I “remember” Android being slightly better than ios.   But trying it out again, I can safely say this is FAR better than ios   Ghostzhbr

Who the fuck is still with Apple in 2021

34 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Why are you complaining about using 3rd party software when you listed it as a highlight  for Android. Lmao. 

Anyway, thru air drop, which has been around since 2011 for apple users. Windows did adopt it almost a decade later in 2018 for windows 10. 

No, you could also connect your phone through your home network to transfer files.

Or use third party apps like AirDroid.

This has been possible since almost the beginning of Android.

Samsung has has S-Link since forever, and that also had a windows application to detect your computer and transfer files wirelessly.

MICROSOFT, themselves, did not implement a built-in software in Windows until just a few years ago.

LOL, it really is funny how you don't know anything.

Edited by jehurey
18 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, you could also connect your phone through your home network to transfer files.

Or use third party apps like AirDroid.

This has been possible since almost the beginning of Android.

Samsung has has S-Link since forever, and that also had a windows application to detect your computer and transfer files wirelessly.

MICROSOFT, themselves, did not implement a built-in software in Windows until just a few years ago.

LOL, it really is funny how you don't know anything.

Third party apps.. lmfao. You andorks can’t even keep your damage control consistent. One is bragging about the ability to do something with 3rd party software, one is bashing it. 

this explains Android and a whole. A fragmented mess :mroff:

1 hour ago, ghostz said:

Why are you complaining about using 3rd party software when you listed it as a highlight  for Android. Lmao. 

Anyway, thru air drop, which has been around since 2011 for apple users. Windows did adopt it almost a decade later in 2018 for windows 10. 

:cosby2:

There's a difference between having the freedom to install third party software I actually want to use vs being forced to install software, either first or third party in order to use what should be a basic fucking feature!

Let me have a look at AirDrop....

"Proprietary file sharing from iOS to MacOS (vice versa), or iOS to iOS device"

Well gee thanks for proving my point. As I said Apple provides the problem and then the solution, because they want you completely in their eco system.

49 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

:cosby2:

There's a difference between having the freedom to install third party software I actually want to use vs being forced to install software, either first or third party in order to use what should be a basic fucking feature!

You mean like a stock messaging system that isn’t SMS based? :tom:

7 minutes ago, ghostz said:

You mean like a stock messaging system that isn’t SMS based? :tom:

That's actually not a bad point from you :umad:

But in this case I'm less concerned because who the fuck would trust a messaging app from Google? Apple and Facebook are no better either, I'll gladly stick to third party alternatives.

2 hours ago, ghostz said:

Third party apps.. lmfao.

yeah, the very thing that we are complimenting Android for in this very thread:hest:

I love how you simply don't know how to make a response that doesn't immediately prove other people's point.

57 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

That's actually not a bad point from you :umad:

But in this case I'm less concerned because who the fuck would trust a messaging app from Google? Apple and Facebook are no better either, I'll gladly stick to third party alternatives.

Which ones are data, software companies? 

Apple is leading the industry in privacy. Google and Facebook hate it. 

Edited by ghostz
33 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Which ones are data, software companies? 

Apple is leading the industry in privacy. Google and Facebook hate it. 

Depends what you mean by leading the industry. In all of tech hell no. In terms of the big 4 then I guess it's partly true. Apple isn't a privacy company though, they will to some degree protect you from third parties but Apple itself has access to just as much as Google and more so than Microsoft. It feels more like its marketing and again Apple trying to give itself an advantage over the competition than any genuine concern for privacy. Remember Apple it a part of Prism, handed over cloud data to China and rolls over for the FBI when it suits them.....but I'm not going to get all political.

If you want real privacy, that's currently Android exclusive :tom5:

4 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Depends what you mean by leading the industry. In all of tech hell no. In terms of the big 4 then I guess it's partly true. Apple isn't a privacy company though, they will to some degree protect you from third parties but Apple itself has access to just as much as Google and more so than Microsoft. It feels more like its marketing and again Apple trying to give itself an advantage over the competition than any genuine concern for privacy. Remember Apple it a part of Prism, handed over cloud data to China and rolls over for the FBI when it suits them.....but I'm not going to get all political.

If you want real privacy, that's currently Android exclusive :tom5:

Googles business model is mainly to collect information about the people who use it’s products and services and then monetize it to advertisers. Why is Google search free? Why is Google Maps free? Why is Android free? You’re not Google’s customer. You’re their product. They sell you to others.

With Microsoft, their customers are sometimes consumers, but sometimes corporate IT departments.

With Apple, you are the customer. You pay them. They give you shiny things. Pretty simple and straightforward. That’s why they stick up for your privacy more than other tech companies. They have no revenue streams based on selling you out. They make money by keeping you happy, not someone else.

Edited by ghostz
5 hours ago, ghostz said:

Googles business model is mainly to collect information about the people who use it’s products and services and then monetize it to advertisers. Why is Google search free? Why is Google Maps free? Why is Android free? You’re not Google’s customer. You’re their product. They sell you to others.

With Microsoft, their customers are sometimes consumers, but sometimes corporate IT departments.

With Apple, you are the customer. You pay them. They give you shiny things. Pretty simple and straightforward. That’s why they stick up for your privacy more than other tech companies. They have no revenue streams based on selling you out. They make money by keeping you happy, not someone else.

Yeah but they still collect a hell of a lot of user data, sold out to China, and track your location a lot. Really the difference is that they block out third parties better than the rest.

I get what you mean about free software. "If you're not paying for the product then you are the product" as they say, however that's not always the case. Free (as in freedom) and open source software is usually the most private and secure software. Android is free and open source and isn't actually spyware, its when Google apps, Play Services, and the google login are added to it that it becomes spyware. Google making Android free and open source was likely to make it more transparent to dispell rumours, allow them to weasel out to the courts "look we allow conpetition, anyone can make android", and lastly they have benefitted from some of the work others have contributed on Android i.e. security enhancements.

This is why I prefer Android. You can use AOSP and F-droid and you get great software with zero bloat, zero ads, zero tracking. It's a lot like a portable Linux system :glad: Sure it doesn't look as glamorous but it works great and doesn't ask me to sign up for services, watch ads or permit tracking every 5 minutes.

Y’all use your phones for more than just the basics? I can understand a tablet, due to the larger screen. However, I barely even use GarageBand anymore, since my iPhone screen is too small for more professional stuff. It’s decent for outlining a beat, though. 

19 hours ago, jehurey said:

LOL, the verge:hest:

This was so bad.  This dude made so many mistakes.  It was so hard to watch the first time.  Watching it again didn't make it any easier.  

6 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Y’all use your phones for more than just the basics? I can understand a tablet, due to the larger screen. However, I barely even use GarageBand anymore, since my iPhone screen is too small for more professional stuff. It’s decent for outlining a beat, though. 

The cleverest and most neat thing I remember doing with my phone was not too long after I got my Samsung S4 back in 2013.

I had came across a cool song I had heard on youtube, and I wanted to convert it to an audio file for me to continue listening to it.  And from within the youtube app, I selected to "send" the video, and then the phone asked me where to send it, and I thought to myself "what if I send it to Soundcloud and it could upload it as an audio file", and so I found the Soundcloud app that I had recently installed, and then it opened up Soundcloud, and a few seconds later the song was in my Soundcloud account, and then from there I just selected to download that file onto my phone.

At that point I knew I was going to be sticking with Android.

36 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The cleverest and most neat thing I remember doing with my phone was not too long after I got my Samsung S4 back in 2013.

I had came across a cool song I had heard on youtube, and I wanted to convert it to an audio file for me to continue listening to it.  And from within the youtube app, I selected to "send" the video, and then the phone asked me where to send it, and I thought to myself "what if I send it to Soundcloud and it could upload it as an audio file", and so I found the Soundcloud app that I had recently installed, and then it opened up Soundcloud, and a few seconds later the song was in my Soundcloud account, and then from there I just selected to download that file onto my phone.

At that point I knew I was going to be sticking with Android.

Imagine bragging about being able to rip low quality audio from YouTube and claiming that’s why android is superior LMAO. 

2 hours ago, ghostz said:

Imagine bragging about being able to rip low quality audio from YouTube and claiming that’s why android is superior LMAO. 

The bragging is being able to DO THINGS....and that's why android is superior.

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

can’t send non sms messages :hehe:

And you just lost the argument.:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

I love it when he clearly signals when he can't make a response.

Oh...........and yes I can because all Samsung phones updated to Google's newest messenger.  LOL he really is in the dark.

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

And you just lost the argument.:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

I love it when he clearly signals when he can't make a response.

Oh...........and yes I can because all Samsung phones updated to Google's newest messenger.  LOL he really is in the dark.

Samsung doesn’t update after two years. And RCS is lmfao worthy compared to iMessage. Go back to Facebook messenger :D 

Android users have 5+ different messaging apps lmfao. Then have to beg their friends to download them :mroff:

Edited by ghostz