No in person E3 this year, and no word about a possible digital show

what is the point of a press conference?

Do you even realize antiquated it is to have a guy walk up and slowly give you a powerpoint presentation?

Every exciting piece of information I got from CES was from Vincent Teoh's youtube channel in which he tells you everything LG is doing with their new tv in a 4 minute video, everything Samsung is doing, and every Sony is doing.

The Sony PSVR2 conference...............I didn't even watch it, because all we needed was the bullet point list of specs. And the Horizon VR teaser was in a tweet.

When nVidia and AMD make major GPU announcements, those are now pre-recorded videos.

So........what, exactly, is the point of a live press conference where we watch some guy we've never heard before struggle with their public speaking skills?

It feels like an outdated concept, at this point.

That's not how it works. To plan events even at a quarter of the scale of an e3 means planning out at least six to eight months in advance.

There is no way to gauge  the show size this far out and it would be insane to try as there would be very little room to do last minute scaling to whatever climate the world is six months from now. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible

yeah, let's not forget the fact that the ESA, as an organization, doesn't even seem to be quite competent in even the most basic of stuff.

I don't even see them surviving for much longer, because I don't really any reason why the major video game manufacturers and publishers even need them as a trade group, at this point.

But, when it comes to booking a convention, in a big convention center, especially one like the Staples or LA Convention center, they would've need to have done it back in Fall 2020, or else the people who run the convention center will go and try renting it out to anybody else who is willing to commit to those dates.

They would've had to secure (pay) that booking well in advance.