I was forced to quit smoking ;(

Cigarettes are such garbage, been smoking for 20+ years.

I'm gonna quit once this school semester is over. I stopped smoking weed too and I don't remember the last time I had a drink.

It's all trash. Waste of money and your health.

• Like 2

does anybody here have experience with smoking cigars?

I bought a cheap starter pack, just because.

I mean I have smoked cigars before for like 15 minutes. It felt like I burnt a piece of wood and just put it in my throat.

Since I don't smoke anything at all, and I don't even drink coffee, to smoke a cigar hits me pretty hard. I heard that you aren't supposed to inhale the smoke any further than just your mouth.

15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

does anybody here have experience with smoking cigars?

I bought a cheap starter pack, just because.

I mean I have smoked cigars before for like 15 minutes. It felt like I burnt a piece of wood and just put it in my throat.

Since I don't smoke anything at all, and I don't even drink coffee, to smoke a cigar hits me pretty hard. I heard that you aren't supposed to inhale the smoke any further than just your mouth.

Correct don't draw the smoke into your throat it's far too thick.

Ita rare I would use one as they last far too long. You can put them out and relight them I hear but I cba. I used to have one when we went to a local horse racing event, outside open area, beers, and plenty of time. Basically make time for one because they last a long time.

I dont see the appeal to them but they aren't terrible but the cheap packs are horrible. I'm no expert but there's a world of difference between the supermarket pack of 5 for £5 and one of the fat dominican republic cigars that was about £7-£8 for a single. Never buy them from a supermarket, find a local tobacco store or heck for me it was a sweet shop that sold them. You want one good pricey one over a cheap pack.

9 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Correct don't draw the smoke into your throat it's far too thick.

Ita rare I would use one as they last far too long. You can put them out and relight them I hear but I cba. I used to have one when we went to a local horse racing event, outside open area, beers, and plenty of time. Basically make time for one because they last a long time.

I dont see the appeal to them but they aren't terrible but the cheap packs are horrible. I'm no expert but there's a world of difference between the supermarket pack of 5 for £5 and one of the fat dominican republic cigars that was about £7-£8 for a single. Never buy them from a supermarket, find a local tobacco store or heck for me it was a sweet shop that sold them. You want one good pricey one over a cheap pack.

yeah, the issue is that they take too long to smoke. And I would almost certainly have to be doing it outside because I don't want that smoke to seep into the fabrics inside.

I bought it from cigarsinternational.com, and it just cost me $15 for a promo "sampler pack" which I'm sure just them giving away their clearance products, and they gave me a free travel humidor. Actually got it lowered to $12 after a promo code.

i haven't smoked any because I figured I needed that cutting tool. I'm going to look at the 8 cigars and see if there are any reviews to determine which ones are actually worth smoking.

9 hours ago, jehurey said:

yeah, the issue is that they take too long to smoke. And I would almost certainly have to be doing it outside because I don't want that smoke to seep into the fabrics inside.

I bought it from cigarsinternational.com, and it just cost me $15 for a promo "sampler pack" which I'm sure just them giving away their clearance products, and they gave me a free travel humidor. Actually got it lowered to $12 after a promo code.

i haven't smoked any because I figured I needed that cutting tool. I'm going to look at the 8 cigars and see if there are any reviews to determine which ones are actually worth smoking.

Yeah you'll need a cutter and as a beginner you'll need a good i.e. Zippo lighter because trying to get a fat cigar fully lit is like trying to start a campfire.

A sample pack of good cigars might not be bad, the only thing you need to watch out for is if they're clearence products they might have dried out. You want a fresh sealed one.

They all taste like burnt wood in the end lol but a good cigar is an acceptable burnt wood, the cheap ones are awful tasting burnt wood.