(Official Discussion Thread) Sounds like Horizon: Forbidden West is pretty incredible [HORIZON: FW SCORE PREDICTION THREAD starting page 4]

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It got held back to only be the best graphics... How unfortunate 

I love how each village/clan have a distinct cultural feel to them.

This is what you do when you have nothing to play on your Shitbox? You scour the the internet looking for glitches on a great game? Damn, sucks to be a lemshit.    

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

no one is disputing that it started off as a PS4 game.

what i am saying is that the game was probably significantly retooled during development when they were told it was going to the ps5, and the game looks amazing by next-gen standards, and they were able to vastly polish the PS4 version to handle almost everything that is in the PS5 version.

if you think games were going to continue looking better than TLOU2 as a "natural progression", you simply don't know what you are talking about. LOL  This game literally looks better than TLOU2, has more objects on screen than TLOU2, has better facial animations than TLOU2, and is an open world, and it maintains the same framerate as TLOU2 did on the PS4.

If you had told anybody that was possible prior to finally seeing the PS4 footage, nobody would believe that.

why are you pretending you know things in this area?

The whole point is the game would look even better if they didn't have to bother building it as a PS4 game from the beginning. You are going off on a tangent and bringing up other titles for no reason.

The reviews are a bit jarring because a lot of other impressions from other people who started playing it say the beginning of the game is straight up boring and offers nothing new that wasn't already in the first one. It must make quite the U turn later on to be 89 MC quality, either that or reviewers are overrating it (wouldn't surprise me).

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

this was taken with the in-game camera mode.

FLiy9lEX0AA3l2O?format=jpg&name=4096x409

jesus.

if the ps5 upgrade is free, i may buy the ps4 disc simply because i want to load up the game and see the differences.

I’m getting the PS4 digital edition and upgrading to PS5 so I can install both games and compare them. This shit is just nuts. She easily has the most detailed character model I’ve seen in a game.

Her facial animations are also insane too.

F7C5E81B-891F-4F9D-AA7F-398414550BC7.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The reviews are a bit jarring because a lot of other impressions from other people who started playing it say the beginning of the game is straight up boring and offers nothing new that wasn't already in the first one. It must make quite the U turn later on to be 89 MC quality, either that or reviewers are overrating it (wouldn't surprise me).

a lot of open world games take a bit to get exciting. i'm not worried. DF seems to be in love with the game, itself, in addition to the incredible visuals.

• Like 1

:aitch: Holy shit, this game's graphics are on another level. This is legitimately a playable bullshot.

What other devs try to fake in their promo "gameplay" screenshots, GG have actually achieved that level in realtime.

FLlbTHtXMAE4kOg.thumb.jpg.659cfbec9c56ac7df4faf3623e4c3ca0.jpg

FLlbU_GXMAIbPNY.thumb.jpg.6e38e7411e481be269297f02c613bc58.jpg

FLlbUUOXIAM5550.thumb.jpg.1c181917f678e884acb17132c7b24692.jpg

My eyeballs are gonna get a solid workout playing this game.

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:aitch: Holy shit, these game's graphics are on another level. This is legitimately a playabel bullshot.

What other devs try to fake in their promo "gameplay" screenshots, GG have actually achieved that level in realtime.

yeah, quality mode on ps5 is going to be sick! add me on psn: gamedrunkk

9 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:aitch: Holy shit, this game's graphics are on another level. This is legitimately a playable bullshot.

Yep, that's insane.  That's what you get when you use the same lighting rigs in gameplay as you do in cutscenes.

I'm just watching the DF video right now, and it's simply stunning.

I do think Performance mode looks a little too low res though... it's essentially 1/2 the resolution of 1800p.. I can understand why some reviewers thought it was 1080p.

But Resolution mode looks glorious. :whew:

Just now, Remij said:

Yep, that's insane.  That's what you get when you use the same lighting rigs in gameplay as you do in cutscenes.

I'm just watching the DF video right now, and it's simply stunning.

I do think Performance mode looks a little too low res though... it's essentially 1/2 the resolution of 1800p.. I can understand why some reviewers thought it was 1080p.

But Resolution mode looks glorious. :whew:

yeah, performance mode is disappointing. but fuck....quality is crazy!

17 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, performance mode is disappointing. but fuck....quality is crazy!

It's crazy, that shot Jehurey posted is just a CLEAR NIGHT AND DAY GENERATION LEAP over the previous Horizon game.  On every level it's huge.

As a cross-gen game it's very VERY impressive.  It sounds like some of the tech issues/bugs people faced is ultimately what kept this game from reaching the 90 meta.. not that it really changes anything, but it would have been nice if it was a bit more polished for launch.  That's probably the fault of the PS4 versions to be honest.  All that extra effort to release the game on those platforms and it put a bit too much pressure on the team to fully execute.

Still really damn good though.  And wow, the amount of different climates and locations in the game is just awesome.  Everything looks so distinct and different.  That takes a TON of development time and budget to do that.  Great stuff.

• aitch 1
2 hours ago, ghostz said:

Did you even beat the first game? Didn’t think you even liked these games. 

LOL, he's trying so hard.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

The whole point is the game would look even better if they didn't have to bother building it as a PS4 game from the beginning. You are going off on a tangent and bringing up other titles for no reason.

the whole point is you are utterly failing at assessing the game's visuals on its own versus your conception of a "cross-gen" game.

Digital Foundry knows alot about what "cross-gen" game development really means, and they're telling us, in no uncertain terms, that is the best looking game that is doing things at the highest level.

Now who am I going to believe, them, my eyes of the footage we're seeing?.......or you?

you're relying on the term "cross-gen" as a crutch, and you're basing the rest of your analysis from that as a core reference point.

I'm telling you that basing it off of that is completely disingenuous.

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's crazy, that shot Jehurey posted is just a CLEAR NIGHT AND DAY GENERATION LEAP over the previous Horizon game.  On every level it's huge.

As a cross-gen game it's very VERY impressive.  It sounds like some of the tech issues/bugs people faced is ultimately what kept this game from reaching the 90 meta.. not that it really changes anything, but it would have been nice if it was a bit more polished for launch.  That's probably the fault of the PS4 versions to be honest.  All that extra effort to release the game on those platforms and it put a bit too much pressure on the team to fully execute.

Still really damn good though.  And wow, the amount of different climates and locations in the game is just awesome.  Everything looks so distinct and different.  That takes a TON of development time and budget to do that.  Great stuff.

yeah, man. i'm excited to explore the world. i hope i can free up enough time over the weekend. i really want to sink a good 10 -15 hours into it.

• Upvote 1
  • -GD-X★ changed the title to (Official Discussion Thread) Sounds like Horizon: Forbidden West is pretty incredible [HORIZON: FW SCORE PREDICTION THREAD starting page 4]