(Official Discussion Thread) Sounds like Horizon: Forbidden West is pretty incredible [HORIZON: FW SCORE PREDICTION THREAD starting page 4]

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It got held back to only be the best graphics... How unfortunate 

I love how each village/clan have a distinct cultural feel to them.

This is what you do when you have nothing to play on your Shitbox? You scour the the internet looking for glitches on a great game? Damn, sucks to be a lemshit.    

Posted Images

Just now, FIREPOWER said:

Messing around in photo mode. Jesus, her character model is the best and most detailed I've ever seen :aitch:

FL6cA_IWQAA4fmE.thumb.jpg.ac8bf5302077a63574a5751a916079e3.jpg

FL6aaVTWYAYg0Lg.thumb.jpg.58029135cc582205bc8c1c8883dcb22c.jpg

FL6ZcKXXoAcTc5t.thumb.jpg.3fce849fc8976e82d70ae58c9a545f04.jpg

FL6Zb6CWUAAbPZM.thumb.jpg.a73405385439d5634808d207b3ebd1d7.jpg

FL6aZwTXEAAomxC.thumb.jpg.0182c2c1e43444000f6b85cd18eabdda.jpg

She almost looks like a real girl cosplaying Aloy.

yeah, i took some pics earlier, but my psn phone app isn't linked to my system. i'll upload pics later too. some parts are fucking godly looking.

• Upvote 1

Game is pretty great looking, but outside of that it’s identical to the first one. Combat doesn’t have that unique vibe anymore and just comes off as a bit outdated if I’ll be honest. Story is also pretty bleh, I hope that’s one part that at least becomes more engaging.

i dunno, i think its rather perfect that I just finished the last two missions in the first Horizon game, because that is where they absolutely do huge massive info dumps to pretty tell you the whole story.

Not to mention that there is a tidbit of information in which they specifically bring up "The Forbidden West" that may be part of the second game.

Because, truth be told, the first game's story is kinda tough to remember. Even though its a pretty solid sci-fi apocalyptic tale. And it helps drive the point that Aloy is specifically special because of the fact that she is a clone of somebody who was key to doing everything they could to protect humanity the first time around.

Also, there's alot of environments in the first Horizon Zero Dawn game that looks bad and low-poly. Especially when you get up until the mountains. The character models still look fantastic, but the rest of the environment isn't of the same quality.

So seeing the second game focus on so many small details in the environment looking ridiculously high quality is just them putting everything at the same level of quality.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Game is pretty great looking, but outside of that it’s identical to the first one. Combat doesn’t have that unique vibe anymore and just comes off as a bit outdated if I’ll be honest. Story is also pretty bleh, I hope that’s one part that at least becomes more engaging.

It’s definitely more of the same, but refined. However, I’m impressed by the tweaks to climbing, and how tall some of the places are reaching. As for story, apparently, the character missions provide the strongest narrative. 

4 hours in. I’m definitely digging the game and its improvements. I still haven’t gotten some of the cool shit that’s been shown in the trailers. So, it’s a lot of “more of the same”, but with dense environments and well-developed towns. I haven’t done any side missions because I’m waiting for some epic scenes. And the graphics..fuck….

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, ghostz said:

The animations and character movement feel pretty dated. It’s especially noticeable when you’re platforming and moving around in tight spaces, Aloy is constantly getting stopped dead in her tracks by the smallest pieces of geometry. It’s definitely not as polished as Sony’s other open world franchises.

• -GD-X★ changed the title to (Official Discussion Thread) Sounds like Horizon: Forbidden West is pretty incredible [HORIZON: FW SCORE PREDICTION THREAD starting page 4]