Digital Foundry: Gran Turismo 7 State of Play Reaction: A PS5 Classic in the Making?

4 hours ago, ghostz said:

Just as I said earlier, lots of awful looking environments that detract from the entire experience. You can always expect honesty out of DF. 

Looks like you'll be losing your shit over GT7 over the Spring, since you won't have any good GamePass games to play during that time.

4 hours ago, ghostz said:

Just as I said earlier, lots of awful looking environments that detract from the entire experience. You can always expect honesty out of DF. 

Yep, they're pretty pathetic most of the time.  Cars look great... but the environments completely let them down.  Forza Horizon is generations ahead.

ghbb.png

LMFAO those trees and that grass :D 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

it's weird. the geometry, up close, for the environments looks good, great even. however, the devs just can't get them to mesh well with the cars (which look extraordinary). it's definitely jarring at times.

Polyphony Digital needs to suck it up and outsource more shit.  They need a complete engine overhaul at this point too.  Bolting RT onto it is fine... but it doesn't fix the fundamental issues the engine has.  There's tons of pop-in I can see literally as the camera zooms in.. and I don't think the environment geometry is very complex to begin with.

The PS5 is capable of a lot more than this.  So it's nothing like that... I just think between the engine itself, and Polyphony Digital not wanting to outsource too much stuff, and putting such an emphasis on the vehicles themselves have completely lost the proper balance for the visuals to be completely believable.  Of course the cars look great, and if you blur the background with enough DOF, it can look photorealistic at times... but it's very flat, outside of the car models.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Remij said:

Polyphony Digital needs to suck it up and outsource more shit.  They need a complete engine overhaul at this point too.  Bolting RT onto it is fine... but it doesn't fix the fundamental issues the engine has.  There's tons of pop-in I can see literally as the camera zooms in.. and I don't think the environment geometry is very complex to begin with.

The PS5 is capable of a lot more than this.  So it's nothing like that... I just think between the engine itself, and Polyphony Digital not wanting to outsource too much stuff, and putting such an emphasis on the vehicles themselves have completely lost the proper balance for the visuals to be completely believable.  Of course the cars look great, and if you blur the background with enough DOF, it can look photorealistic at times... but it's very flat, outside of the car models.

i couldn't agree more. they suck when it comes to environments. the clouds/weather look great, though.

5 hours ago, ghostz said:

It’s gonna be a long wait till November for you if you’re already having a meltdown over GT7 :mjgrin:

02AEB9BB-689A-40D9-9B83-E51229AFD82B.jpeg

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

they're trying so hard.:tom:

Yup, it’s pathetic. :cruise: The usual suspects are having a meltdown and trying their very best to nitpick faults in GT7’s presentation even though it’s easily the best looking racing game we’ve seen on next gen consoles.

This completely blows Forza out of the water. FH5 may have better looking trees and grass  but the lightning and car models look last gen next to GT7 and when you’re driving at 200mph on a track no one gives a shit about what certain trees look like.  PD is right in their philosophy to focus on the cars and lighting/weather, it’s what gives the game its realistic look especially in replays. It’s a car simulator afterall not a coconut tree sim.

Forza looks very gamey and the cars look like toys next to GT7. They are still competing with the cars in GT Sport and losing lol. They don’t stand a chance next to GT7’s car models :hest:

Just now, ghostz said:

I’ll have FH5, which is miles better than this. 

It's not even a contest.

But GT has it's cool moments.  They're for different people.

This WILL be the best GT game in a long time, I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

It's not even a contest.

But GT has it's cool moments.  They're for different people.

This WILL be the best GT game in a long time, I'm sure.

I guess. It just seems so limited in todays world. FH has circuit races and all other types. 

it’s like if you wanted to play a fps game that only had death match in MP. 

6 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I’ll have FH5, which is miles better than this. 

it really isn't.

but hey i got no problem seeing you force yourself to continue playing Forza Horizon 5, and especially not answering my question about what's next for Game Pass.

You're basically that there is nothing good coming for Game Pass, which is why you're still continuing to play FH5.

That's $15 for November

$15 for December

$15 for January

$15 for  February

$15 for March (you're already paying more money than the game is worth new at that point, LOL)

Edited by jehurey
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

it really isn't.

but hey i got no problem seeing you force yourself to continue playing Forza Horizon 5, and especially not answering my question about what's next for Game Pass.

You're basically that there is nothing good coming for Game Pass, which is why you're still continuing to play FH5.

That's $15 for November

$15 for December

$15 for January

$15 for  February

$15 for March (you're already paying more money than the game is worth new at that point, LOL)

What do you mean? In coming weeks madden, nhl, battlefield (Lol), fifa, mlb the show are all releasing fully. 

most of my friends have PS4 or Xbox one still, I had twenty hours of each gen. I still have access to all of the above games, but I’ll be switching back over to the next gen verison and trying fifa for the first time in a while. 

Edited by ghostz
1 minute ago, ghostz said:

What do you mean?

he's pretending he doesn't understand English again to avoid answering the simply question.

his upcoming games are.....................last years games??????????:lawl::lawl:

Wait a minute, you've gone on record on this very forum saying those games are really worth playing more than the 10 hour limited time they gave you last year.

:tom::tom::tom::tom::tom::tom::tom:complete self-ownage

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

it really isn't.

That's $15 for November

$15 for December

$15 for January

$15 for  February

Shut the FUCK up... 

You.. are literally the LEAST QUALIFIED person to speak on either of these games. :tom:

Oh wait... you were talking about GamePass... you're actually probably the most qualified person to speak on keeping a GamePass subscription going..  continue then..

:lawl:

Edited by Remij
Just now, Remij said:

Shut the FUCK up... 

go cry and shit your pant somewhere else:drake:you don't get to dictate anything.

not even when you shit your pants in anger, apparently I have more control over that than you do. LOL