Is there any proof of a HUGE desperate audience for streaming on mobile, TVs etc

Xbox_controllers.PNG

How many people in actually WANT this in real life? To play Gears of War or Halo on their phone or tablet streaming, or a fucking streaming box from a TV with a controller when a Series S costs $300?

I mean if Control and RE7 flop like trash on Switch streamed, and that's a real gaming platform. Where is this magical streaming audience supposed to come from?

Streaming is trash in its current state. I have a gig down and it still runs like shit for most games. 

that being said, if I was a child or in a position where all I had was my phone or something, there are some casual/low stress games I could see myself fucking around on. 

but I’d rather just play native games on my phone if it come down to it, probably. 

Nope, streaming is complete dogshit. I have 1GB up and down and all the times I tried streaming games it has being a laggy latency ridden experience.

No one I know in real life interested in walking around with a fanny pack containing their Xbox controllers so that they can stream Halo Infinite's dead servers to their phone while riding the bus.

It's just another bullshit "future" Xbox is using to bamboozle their fanboys just like Hololens. It's not going anywhere and there's a reason Stadia flopped harder than pancakes, no one wants to stream games.

17 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Nope, streaming is complete dogshit. I have 1GB up and down and all the times I tried streaming games it has being a laggy latency ridden experience.

No one I know in real life interested in walking around with a fanny pack containing their Xbox controllers so that they can stream Halo Infinite's dead servers to their phone while riding the bus.

It's just another bullshit "future" Xbox is using to bamboozle their fanboys just like Hololens. It's not going anywhere and there's a reason Stadia flopped harder than pancakes, no one wants to stream games.

Yeah, it makes no sense considering they claim you need like 15 mbps to have a “great” experience… smh. 

It’s all shit. I tried stadia and xCloud. 

The one thing I could see maybe taking off is if they put it on streaming boxes/smart tvs. (Apple TV is a no go, but what roku, fire stick, Samsung tvs, lg tvs, etc)

xbox does have a neat feature where you can stream before downloading. I’ve used that a few times and it’s been cool. Just trying a game instantly for a few mins and deciding if you want it from there

Edited by ghostz