AccountNGT: Supermassive Games Working on a Until Dawn Remake

18 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This is absolutely retarded. I can't think of any reason why Until Dawn would need to be remade. They should be making a sequel/follow up of some kind instead.

This! Wtf? They can just include the original with enhanced graphics. 

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

This! Wtf? They can just include the original with enhanced graphics. 

There wouldn’t be many ways they could improve the graphics either. House of Ashes basically looks identical to Until Dawn, maybe even slightly worse in some areas. But I guess if Sony let’s them use Decima there could be some minor improvements in that area, still not enough to warrant a remake.

There was a rumor that the game is being ported to PC.

Maybe there's just some confusion between "remake" and "remaster" or "re-release".

And the rumor Aza is referring to is that it's releasing on "current-gen consoles"... so there IS a possibility that they are porting the game and doing some work to fix issues it has/improving it.

I wouldn't call that a remake though.. but I guess we'll see.

3 hours ago, Remij said:

There was a rumor that the game is being ported to PC.

Maybe there's just some confusion between "remake" and "remaster" or "re-release".

And the rumor Aza is referring to is that it's releasing on "current-gen consoles"... so there IS a possibility that they are porting the game and doing some work to fix issues it has/improving it.

I wouldn't call that a remake though.. but I guess we'll see.

Yeah this makes more sense, but then Sony probably is getting them to make a new game. Which is awesome. I think UE5 will probably be an easier engine for them.