Platinum Games is open for acquisition talks if their independence is guaranteed

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

fucking godly

Well, it will be whatever they want to do... apparently lol.

Here's the thing though.. if anyone other than Nintendo takes them, then Bayonetta is essentially done for.  Maybe it's time they move on from that franchise anyway.. but that's the reality.

And Platinum without Bayonetta isn't, or hasn't been, exciting at all really.  There was Astral Chain which was good, but that's locked to Nintendo.. so anyone who buys PG.. is just getting some developers..

On one hand, it would be COOL, to see Microsoft get them, and revive Scalebound (since they've made it obvious they want to do it) and for it to actually be good and they could make a franchise out of it..  That makes for a nice story... but realistically, the best thing would be for Nintendo to pick them up (assuming they'd even want them) and then they continue Bayonetta or try some other stuff.  I just don't know how "free" they'd be at Nintendo.. lol.

In reality, Tencent will probably buy them, and they'll just die a slow death making mobile shit. :( 

they're trying to drive up their price, and then they will go to a japanese company and ask them to match

Nintendo has a history of being silent partners for studios like Treasure, which I believe they're a 49% owner.

And Denis Dyack revealed about a decade ago that Nintendo was still a silent partner in their studio.

it really depends on how valuable and talented their current employees are, because its not like Kamiya is still the one leading these game projects anymore.

6 hours ago, Remij said:

Here's the thing though.. if anyone other than Nintendo takes them, then Bayonetta is essentially done for.  Maybe it's time they move on from that franchise anyway.. but that's the reality.

No, that's definitely isn't the reality, in fact, I don't think that can, legally, even be a reality.

One name. Four letters.

S-E-G-A

Bayonetta is licensed through Sega, because the IP is owned by Sega. Not Platinum Games.

Nintendo would've made a contract between Sega for how they license the Bayonetta IP.

Platinum Games is paid as a contracted developer to make the game, and they probably don't get a large percentage of profits from sales, unless they negotiated one with Nintendo .

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, that's definitely isn't the reality, in fact, I don't think that can, legally, even be a reality.

One name. Four letters.

S-E-G-A

Bayonetta is licensed through Sega, because the IP is owned by Sega. Not Platinum Games.

Nintendo would've made a contract between Sega for how they license the Bayonetta IP.

Platinum Games is paid as a contracted developer to make the game, and they probably don't get a large percentage of profits from sales, unless they negotiated one with Nintendo .

Read what I said again... and hopefully you'll just admit you made a mistake and misunderstood what I said....

I specifically say that if anyone OTHER THAN NINTENDO purchases Platinum Games... then Bayonetta is done for... precisely because Sega owns the IP... and Nintendo has a contract with them..  That means if Sony or MS bought Platinum Games... there's no more Bayonetta from PG.  If Nintendo bought them... they could continue to make Bayonetta as normal under their contract through Sega.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Read what I said again... and hopefully you'll just admit you made a mistake and misunderstood what I said....

I specifically say that if anyone OTHER THAN NINTENDO purchases Platinum Games... then Bayonetta is done for... precisely because Sega owns the IP... and Nintendo has a contract with them..  That means if Sony or MS bought Platinum Games... there's no more Bayonetta from PG.  If Nintendo bought them... they could continue to make Bayonetta as normal under their contract through Sega.

"Bayonetta is done for" isn't exactly a concrete way of saying "the franchise can no longer continue existing"

And the first part of your sentence uses the word Nintendo, therefore your preposition to end the sentence, one could easily interpret that to mean you are still talking about it in terms of Nintendo's ability to continue the franchise.

So............no its not a mistake, your sentence was typed in a way in which I thought you were saying "if Nintendo doesn't buy Platinum, then they will lose Bayonetta"

aka "its done for" in regards of Nintendo's exclusivity.

AND you didn't mention Sega, which further obfuscates it.

Not only that, Nintendo and Sega could give the IP to somebody else, or simply have an ex-Bayo developer come on-board and work with another studio to continue overseeing further Bayonetta games. (like they do with Masahiro Sakari and the Smash Bros. development team).

So........no, you statement definitely could be interpreted the way I interpreted it. 

Edited by jehurey
2 hours ago, jehurey said:

"Bayonetta is done for" isn't exactly a concrete way of saying "the franchise can no longer continue existing"

And the first part of your sentence uses the word Nintendo, therefore your preposition to end the sentence, one could easily interpret that to mean you are still talking about it in terms of Nintendo's ability to continue the franchise.

So............no its not a mistake, your sentence was typed in a way in which I thought you were saying "if Nintendo doesn't buy Platinum, then they will lose Bayonetta"

aka "its done for" in regards of Nintendo's exclusivity.

AND you didn't mention Sega, which further obfuscates it.

Not only that, Nintendo and Sega could give the IP to somebody else, or simply have an ex-Bayo developer come on-board and work with another studio to continue overseeing further Bayonetta games. (like they do with Masahiro Sakari and the Smash Bros. development team).

So........no, you statement definitely could be interpreted the way I interpreted it. 

LOL see what I mean? :smilecry:

Sweetie... my post was CLEARLY about Platinum Games losing Bayonetta, and not Nintendo losing Bayonetta... because I CLEARLY STATE "if anyone other than Nintendo takes them"....

LOL... basic understanding hun.

40 minutes ago, Remij said:

LOL see what I mean? :smilecry:

Sweetie... my post was CLEARLY about Platinum Games losing Bayonetta,

No it wasn't

And I even went into a simple english language lecture to explain how it was interpreted differently.

The first part of your sentence involves Nintendo, so I took the second part of your sentence as it relating to nintendo.

Notice how simple and neat that logic is?

Imagine if you actually start getting emotional on this topic....:francis:

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

No it wasn't

And I even went into a simple english language lecture to explain how it was interpreted differently.

The first part of your sentence involves Nintendo, so I took the second part of your sentence as it relating to nintendo.

Notice how simple and neat that logic is?

Imagine if you actually start getting emotional on this topic....:francis:

LOL I love how you say "the first part of your sentence involves Nintendo, so I took the second part of your sentence as it relating to Nintendo".... when the first part of my sentence...says "if you remove Nintendo from the equation..":drake:

Your logic was... "you mentioned Nintendo.. but what you said about Nintendo isn't important.. the point was you still mentioned Nintendo" LOL  Which is exactly what I said you did... misunderstand what was said, purposefully or otherwise.  And also like I said.. you couldn't just admit you were wrong :smilecry:

Edited by Remij
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

What are you clowns even arguing about? :viktor:

Literally nothing.... :smilecry:

...because it's exactly as I said.. he misunderstood.. and is too stubborn to just admit he made a mistake.  He saw a name... but forgot to read what was actually being said about that name.  Typical, when he wants to argue with me.

5 hours ago, Remij said:

"if you remove Nintendo from the equation..":drake:

you sentence reads:

1.if you remove Nintendo

2.Bayo is also removed.

Gee, I wonder if a person connects the subjects "nintendo" and "bayonetta" and considers the sentence to mean that you are directly making a cause an effect statement.

you're basically reinforcing the logic of how I interpreted it.

Sweetie, Bayo would cease existing as an IP if Platinum Games were preventing from work with SEGA. That disrupts the Bayo series, as we know it. So did you include the name SEGA in your sentence?????

Edited by jehurey
8 minutes ago, Remij said:

Literally nothing.... :smilecry:

...because it's exactly as I said.. he misunderstood.. and is too stubborn to just admit he made a mistake.  He saw a name... but forgot to read what was actually being said about that name.  Typical, when he wants to argue with me.

No, you're the one who wants to argue.

And you do act like a little bitch with asking the other person "admit to your mistake"

I've corrected many people on this forum, for years...................I don't go around saying "if you admit to your mistake" because that looks like something a petty bitch would do.

Just now, jehurey said:

you sentence reads:

1.if you remove Nintendo

2.Bayo is also removed.

Yep... if you remove Nintendo from whoever purchases Platinum Games.... Bayonetta is ALSO REMOVED.... from Platinum Games.

Fucking clown ass retard :drake: