CheckMyDeck (Check how your Steam library fares on Steamdeck so far)

https://checkmydeck.herokuapp.com/

https://www.steamidfinder.com

Just enter your Steam64ID and it will give you a breakdown of your games library against the Steamdeck verified games so far. It's early days so must games are "unknown" right now as Valve reviews them all, but highly likely most will end up at least "Playable".

I got:

VERIFIED: 51 games (5.27%)

PLAYABLE: 53 games (5.48%)

UNSUPPORTED: 17 games (1.76%)

UNKNOWN: 846 games (87.49%)

Almost exclusively anticheat on the 17 that don't work.

For a more detailed explanation, Verified appears to be games that look and feel like they were designed for the Steamdeck controls and screen. Playable mostly seems to be games where it may require the use of a touch screen to enter info or set up, or text may be small. For example Dark Souls 1 is in "playable" because entering some text may require invoking the on-screen keyboard, which isn't really a big deal, but some of the RTS games may obviously have a small UI at that res.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They're just unknown because they haven't been tested yet by Valve.   Most games should work, and compatibility is being improved all the time.  Once the Deck releases and people start mass

You can now officially check your Steam Library for Steam Deck compatibility.   https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck/mygames

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

I cancelled my order. While the tech is cool, I know I won’t use it much. I used to love mobile gaming. Now, not so much. 

yeah, upon hearing more details, the previously excited people on neogaf who were talking about all the modern 3D games they would be playing, are now shifting their arguments to "its gonna a great emulation machine!"

And there's a reason why they have announced that ifixit will be their official parts repair outlet. Because they expect alot of part replacement request from a large percentage of the first wave of people getting this.

Edited by jehurey
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

yeah, upon hearing more details, the previously excited people on neogaf who were talking about all the modern 3D games they would be playing, are now shifting their arguments to "its gonna a great emulation machine!"

And there's a reason why they have announced that ifixit will be their official parts repair outlet. Because they expect alot of part replacement request from a large percentage of the first wave of people getting this.

lol

The entire sheep faction running in ready for battle again :tom: Curb your enthusiasm.

I can't remember if Civ V lets you altwr the UI. If not I hope a simple mod comes out for it, because that would be a system seller for me.

Civ 6 :facep:

21 minutes ago, Ike said:

Those controls looks terrible. :tom: 

they've looked terrible since they've first revealed them.

its also weird how Linus Tech Tips and GamersNexus immediately got a hold of units last week (or more than a week ago) showed just 2-3 games running on it.......and they've done no more videos of more games being tested.

10 days ago. Those feel like paid advertisement videos, and they don't have free reign to do real reviews.

They added more games again, probably worth checking this every week if you're wondering about specific games. I'm at 55 verified so far, this thing has one hell of a launch lineup there are some big names in there.

I find some of the unsupported games interesting. Anything involving an older anticheat or VR is obvious  but UT3 Black edition is listed as unsupported but works fine via Proton on PC.

It's always hard to tell with PC gaming though because if you look up any game you'll find people saying it doesn't work for them - even on Windows. I could not get L.A Noire to work for me no matter what I did and then one day it just magically worked, I'm not sure if it wad because I upgraded to Windows 10 that it worked but it never worked on Windows 7 even though it was designed for the damn thing. Simirlaly I used to enjoy an old rts called Empire Earth in the Windows XP days, it now works flawlessly on Linux with Wine 7.0, but hard bricked my PC every time on Windows 10.

PC gaming :ben:

I have no intention of ever buying one but I was curious.

VERIFIED: 34 games (13.99%)

PLAYABLE: 23 games (9.47%)

UNSUPPORTED: 13 games (5.35%)

UNKNOWN: 173 games (71.19%)

Looking at the unknown list, I'm pretty sure most of them would actually work from both a hardware and controls point of view. Strange.

40 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I have no intention of ever buying one but I was curious.

VERIFIED: 34 games (13.99%)

PLAYABLE: 23 games (9.47%)

UNSUPPORTED: 13 games (5.35%)

UNKNOWN: 173 games (71.19%)

Looking at the unknown list, I'm pretty sure most of them would actually work from both a hardware and controls point of view. Strange.

They're just unknown because they haven't been tested yet by Valve.

Most games should work, and compatibility is being improved all the time.  Once the Deck releases and people start mass reporting how well games work with the device, it will speed up the process in which Valve tests their games.  They'll focus on the popular ones which don't work, and continue to improve compatibility until they do.

The Steam Deck community is going to chew through this stuff like crazy.  This (generating data) is also Valve's forte.

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, Remij said:

lol.. no.

Also, let's see how the Deck does... when it's not running through a compatibility layer :face:

Thinking Winblows is going to run better on a low powered device :RISITAS: I've never seen that trash (EPESCIALLY 10) run well on anything but gaming hardware. Besides the compatability layer doesn't add that much for most games.

Wait a minute, so this whole CheckMyDeck thing wasn't even setup by Valve themselves, they ended up relying on a hermit using their free time (which, to be fair, we know they have plenty of) to make it?

We’re less than two weeks away from the Steam Deck’s release date, and excitement surrounding Valve’s portable gaming PC has never been higher. However, many users remain uncertain as to how their Steam games will run on the Deck, if at all. Thankfully, in lieu of an official solution from Valve, the community has decided to take things into their own hands.

Valve is one of the poorest consumer retail companies when it comes to ANYTHING regarding communicating with customers.

And I remember this rant on r/technology that silicon valley companies that take regular peoples' money, and then provide no actual customer service, no infrastructure for customer service, and just a technical support database because they "expect their power users to tinker around" to fix their products........is just bullshit.

Its also the reason Valve and Steam will never truly grow.

15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Wait a minute, so this whole CheckMyDeck thing wasn't even setup by Valve themselves, they ended up relying on a hermit using their free time (which, to be fair, we know they have plenty of) to make it?

Valve is one of the poorest consumer retail companies when it comes to ANYTHING regarding communicating with customers.

And I remember this rant on r/technology that silicon valley companies that take regular peoples' money, and then provide no actual customer service, no infrastructure for customer service, and just a technical support database because they "expect their power users to tinker around" to fix their products........is just bullshit.

Its also the reason Valve and Steam will never truly grow.

Valve will have the ratings on their store so that people can see compatability when buying a game. That was always the intention, not a website dedicated to it for the hobbyist.

What do you mean by never truly grow anyway? Steam has been growing for years, its always breaking records for numbers of users. The biggest barrier is without a doubt the price of PC gaming and the technical know how on how to build and maintain the hardware or how to trouble shoot sofrware issues. That's why they dabbled with SteamOS, and now SteamDeck. They're clearly trying to simplyfy things and longterm this will be their plan for larger growth.