CheckMyDeck (Check how your Steam library fares on Steamdeck so far)

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

holy shit, you're now attempting something else after I pointed it out what you were doing.

No, they absolutely did post tweets, especially within the first couple of years of the Siwtch exploding:

Gris developers crediting Switch sales with their indie game being very successful:

Nomada Studio's GRIS, a lovely platformer that launched on Switch towards the end of 2018, has now sold more than one million copies across all platforms.

Looks like I just proved you wrong.

LMFAO... the LATEST thing you posted.... was from 2019 :tom:

Did you read what I said clown?

12 hours ago, Remij said:

No I didn't.  LMFAO... I said that devs said that in the beginning of the Switch's life... not now.

Go and post all the developers saying that withing the last year.  I want to see your twitter receipts.... 

and you go and post shit from 2018/19 :rofl:

And let's look at what you posted... shall we? LOL  Something about Gris selling 1 million copies and not mentioning Switch at all :rofls:

Here's Gris' Steam sales...

gris.png

The Celeste article you posted simply said it sold best on Switch... and didn't say by how much at all...  In 2019 it had sold around 1 million copies all systems combined..

celeste.png

You posted a Dead Cells article claiming 2.4M copies sold...

deadcell.png

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/03/dead_cells_has_now_sold_5_million_copies_worldwide

Having previously reached 3 million sales last year, Motion Twin and Evil Empire just announced that confirmed Dead Cells surpassed 5 million copies worldwide. This milestone is thanks to the recent iOS/Android launch in China, which sold 1 million units in "just a few days".

5 million copies in 2021... and that includes PC, PS4, Xbox, Switch, and Android/IOS..... 

PC versions are selling JUST FINE... despite developers praising strong Switch sales.  Valve doesn't give ONE SINGLE FUCK about Nintendo and the Switch.

Edited by Remij
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They're just unknown because they haven't been tested yet by Valve.   Most games should work, and compatibility is being improved all the time.  Once the Deck releases and people start mass

You can now officially check your Steam Library for Steam Deck compatibility.   https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck/mygames

7 hours ago, Remij said:

LMFAO... the LATEST thing you posted.... was from 2019 :tom:

Did you read what I said clown?

you don't determine the cutoff date.

nobody gives a shit about what you PRE-EMPTIVELY tried to make an excuse for. LOL

Dead Cells and Celeste are probably the two most successful indie games to have released within the past 5 years. And both developers clearly say that it was the Switch that was the leading platform.

Now you tried to say that it was iOS/Android where they really made their money:tom:

Oh man, how desperate must you be.

The Switch has clearly taken sales of popular indie games away from people who would've bought that game on the Steam store.

Gabe doesn't see his 30% cut from those lost sales. Nintendo gets that cut (which I believe is a lower percentage)

The Steam Deck is to try and get those indie game sales back.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

I did..

you tried.

and you failed.

And the best is...................you specifically knew already of indie games declaring that the Switch versions being the best-selling ones, that you tried to impose a specific time period in order to prevent me making you look bad.

Gouko didn't say "Switch is taking indie game sales away from Steam. RECENTLY" he said that the arrival of the Switch absolutely took away sales of indie games from Steam.

And we just showed you the proof.

And you already KNEW there was proof of that, and tried to get in front of that.

And you failed:hest:Something you and Valve hardware have in common. Half-assed and usually doesn't last long.

1 minute ago, TLHBO said:

Is Jerry really going to bitch and complain when Valve did what he asked?

(Spoilers: yes)

He's going to change the topic now to the fact that a 3rd party site did it before Valve....

When the fact was that Valve had implemented their API into the library which that other site tapped into to make theirs in the first place.

24 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Is Jerry really going to bitch and complain when Valve did what he asked?

(Spoilers: yes)

:tom: it appears that you are now establishing logic in which is a company does end up doing something AFTER people have already complained..........then the complaints are retroactively stricken.

Are you sure you want to establish that new logic?  Because there's a WHHHOOOOOOOLE bunch of places in which I can begin applying that.:bena:

22 minutes ago, jehurey said:

:tom: it appears that you are now establishing logic in which is a company does end up doing something AFTER people have already complained..........then the complaints are retroactively stricken.

Are you sure you want to establish that new logic?  Because there's a WHHHOOOOOOOLE bunch of places in which I can begin applying that.:bena:

LOL Jerky acting like HIS complaint meant anything and that he was speaking for potential Deck owners :rofl: 

:lawl: 

Just now, Remij said:

LOL Jerky acting like HIS complaint meant anything and that he was speaking for potential Deck owners :rofl: 

:lawl: 

I love how he's not even talking about the subject I am talking with TLHBO.

he's just whining about me at this point.

go visit that website, what's it called?

SuckMyDick.com?

21 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You. You complained, I didn't see many other people giving a fuck :shrug:

And this wasn't one of those cases where a company makes a really bad or evil decision and then has to backtrack on it. This was just Valve not creating a fun little tool that might have been convenient.

I can tell though that you want this to be your win and you'll fight for this to be your victory for 20 pages if need be.

I have nearly 500 Steam games and only 54 so far are confirmed to work well on the Deck

So if I were for some reason interested in playing old Steam games on the go that I don't even bother playing on my PC currently, its only guaranteed that 10% will work as intended.

This thing just gets more and more unappealing.

Just now, Twinblade said:

I have nearly 500 Steam games and only 54 so far are confirmed to work well on the Deck

So if I were for some reason interested in playing old Steam games on the go that I don't even bother playing on my PC currently, its only guaranteed that 10% will work as intended.

This thing just gets more and more unappealing.

can you imagine that 5 or 6 days before the launch of a new Playstation, if Sony goes around and says "well, we've check about 80 of PS4 games so far, and most of them work"

....while there's like 300 other games, I wonder if that would get some complaints.:patrice:

12 minutes ago, jehurey said:

can you imagine that 5 or 6 days before the launch of a new Playstation, if Sony goes around and says "well, we've check about 80 of PS4 games so far, and most of them work"

....while there's like 300 other games, I wonder if that would get some complaints.:patrice:

They literally did... with their Backwards compatibility shit :kaz: 

People were literally speculating whether it meant just 100 games, or just the top 100 or some shit would work on PS5 :rofl: 

The fact is... that most of the games will work... they're just fully validating them.. which will take time.  Just because they're untested.

@Twinblade  The people who are buying this device know exactly what they are getting into... and not only that... you can EASILY run a second Windows installation and just like that everything is compatible..

Edited by Remij
14 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

And this wasn't one of those cases where a company makes a really bad or evil decision and then has to backtrack on it. This was just Valve not creating a fun little tool that might have been convenient.

I can tell though that you want this to be your win and you'll fight for this to be your victory for 20 pages if need be.

I love how you attempted to ask the very clear question that I asked you.

and you thought I wouldn't notice.

No, I'm pointing out how basic things that we EXPECT a platform holder to communicate with their potential customers is something that Valve continually fails to do.

It isn't about good or evil............its about competence.

I don't assign evil to something that could easily be explained by incompetence.

17 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

There's the fact that he's simply wrong about the company "doing something after people complained".... because the 3rd party site actually uses Steam's API to determine which games are verified and which aren't....  So by that simple fact, he knows that Valve had always intended to do it.

If he used Steam at all on his Desktop he'd know that :rofl: 

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

They literally did... with their Backwards compatibility shit :kaz: 

No those were answered months before

March 2020, eight months before the PS5 launch, Mark Cerny has "verified" 100 PS4 games already

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-backwards-compatible-100-games-ps4

September 2020, two months before the PS5 launch, Jim Ryan:

Speaking to The Washington Post, Sony's Jim Ryan said that of thousands of PS4 games tested for backwards compatibility on the PS5, 99% are able to be played on the new console.

So....................

you

just

got

caught

lying

1 minute ago, Remij said:

There's the fact that he's simply wrong about the company "doing something after people complained".... because the 3rd party site actually uses Steam's API to determine which games are verified and which aren't.... 

and did Steam set up such a website for the end-user to perform such a check?

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNo.

So, I'm simply NOT wrong, about that, right?

Edited by jehurey
Just now, jehurey said:

No those were answered months before

March 2020, eight months before the PS5 launch, Mark Cerny has "verified" 100 PS4 games already

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-backwards-compatible-100-games-ps4

September 2020, two months before the PS5 launch, Jim Ryan:

Yes, people were left wondering for more than half a year, what the fuck their PS5 would support... until Jimbo finally verified it.

Thanks for confirming what I said.....