Let me be the first to say it here... Elden Ring on PC is.... FUCKING TRASH

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This mo'fucka spends all his time shilling xbox yet it's never even considered as an option for playing a multiplat

That's outdated information     It really IS the worst version     lol

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Well this blows. Even with patches it’ll probably be some time before it’s in good shape. I guess I’ll have to get it for PS5.

Yep, I wouldn't fucking touch it.  This is just completely unacceptable... and I'm willing to post it here and catch all the shit that comes along with it... to point that out.

I'm strongly considering cancelling my pre-order and just not playing the game until it's fixed.  I could get it on PS4... but I'm not going to support them if they're willing to release trash like that to paying customers.

In all seriousness this is why you don't buy games day 1 anymore.

£50 for a digital license, likely a janky game that needs a lot of patching, probably gonna be some driver updates that will improve performance, sometimes you even get extra content if you wait.

Give it 6 months and get a complete, fully working, better performing version of a game for half-price.

6 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

This mo'fucka spends all his time shilling xbox yet it's never even considered as an option for playing a multiplat :rofl:

What the fuck are you even talking about... there's literally NO time where I shill playing games on Xbox consoles :mj:

36 minutes ago, Remij said:

Watching the streams... lmfao the hitching and stuttering and fps drops are insane...

Fuck this shit.  Look at this trash.. and Asmond's on a 3090 + top of the line CPU too :lul:

https://clips.twitch.tv/TenaciousCredulousGarageTebowing-pO8kGdJZS55v0LM2

Cows win... unless FROM can actually fix it.

:sass1:

42229C10-F9AA-4036-B2BB-EDE8B4A8E67E.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • dead 3

Not to mention one streamer has had to restart his PC 3 times due to crashing/freezing....

This game is straight BUSTED on PC.

Cohhcarnage, another streamer, who almost exclusively plays games on PC unless there's no other option, said he's getting the game on PS5 due to the stuttering issues on PC.

It's fucked.

Edited by Remij
15 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Straight up lying now.. Hmmm:umad:

Nope... and I'm not interested in what you perceive to be as shilling.

Anytime I talk about Xbox games... it's in the context of PC.  And if I'm comparing consoles, me saying one version has x or y better than the other, doesn't mean I'm shilling.  It's just simple fact.

You're not ever going to see me saying "buy and play this game on Xbox consoles" lmfao

Has From actually released a cross gen game like this before? Having to develop for 6 platforms simultaneously was probably too much for them. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other console versions had similar issues.

I am kind of annoyed though because now I also have to buy a month or two of PS+ in order to make sure of the online features.

27 minutes ago, Substatic said:

It'll be fixed shortly,

27 minutes ago, Substatic said:

because I'm waiting for patch anyway which is later down the road.

28 minutes ago, Substatic said:

i don't care

This is what Second-Class Gaming literally looks and sounds like.

depression-breadline.jpg?w=1200&h=-1&s=1

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Has From actually released a cross gen game like this before? Having to develop for 6 platforms simultaneously was probably too much for them. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other console versions had similar issues.

I am kind of annoyed though because now I also have to buy a month or two of PS+ in order to make sure of the online features.

Probably didn't help things.  But I think it was likely the switch to DX12 which has caused the issues... or the Easy Anti-Cheat implementation and DRM is fucking with it.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  If the clip I posted of the stream is how the game performs in general, when you're on the horse, or whatever... then it's completely unacceptable.  There's no excuse for FROMSOFT to release the game in that state.  Straight up.

Looks like FROM are aware of the issue, and working on a fix.

from.png

9 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Damn that sucks. 

Hopefully console version don't have similar issues

Also, RemijHBO :B-2:

Yea, it sucks.  As for the console versions, I've heard from reviewers that the PS5 version in Performance mode can drop frame hard as well.. down to around 30fps.  Still though, dropping framerate is better than the game outright hitching as it does on PC... The console versions don't have that problem, as far as I've heard/seen.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Remij said:

Looks like FROM are aware of the issue, and working on a fix.

from.png

Yea, it sucks.  As for the console versions, I've heard from reviewers that the PS5 version in Performance mode can drop frame hard as well.. down to around 30fps.  Still though, dropping framerate is better than the game outright hitching as it does on PC... The console versions don't have that problem, as far as I've heard/seen.

Eh I’m sure it’ll be patched but the highlight of souls games is playing them at release and discovering everything alongside other people. Even if the game is perfectly stable a month after release, that’s still too long.