Elden Ring overview trailer

Not trying to turn this into a Halo bashing thread, but can a lemming explain to me why 343 can't get co-op working in Halo Infinite's open world....but a smaller japanese dev with a smaller budget like From is seemingly able to do it without any issues in their first open world game?

37 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Not trying to turn this into a Halo bashing thread, but can a lemming explain to me why 343 can't get co-op working in Halo Infinite's open world....but a smaller japanese dev with a smaller budget like From is seemingly able to do it without any issues in their first open world game?

Isn’t Halo coming out with co op soon?

Either way, most open world games don’t have co-op, so this is cool ER is shipping with it. 

a few questions on it- is it true co op? If my friend joins my session, but has never played the game, will their progress unlock as we go through things? What happens if I do a level/mission he isn’t on yet?

and is it 3 or 4 players?

45 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Yeah so it’s true. This game essentially does not have co op in my eyes. Big disappointment. 

I figured it didn’t have true co-op (has any souls game?). Still, it would have been incentive for me to give it a go. 

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I figured it didn’t have true co-op (has any souls game?). Still, it would have been incentive for me to give it a go. 

It’s the same as other Souls games. If you want to make progress in your own world then you can just stick to being the host and other players will join you to help you out. They won’t make progress in their own worlds when it comes to bosses but they’ll still be earning valuable rewards to bring back. 

I think for the type of game this is the system works fine.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It’s the same as other Souls games. If you want to make progress in your own world then you can just stick to being the host and other players will join you to help you out. They won’t make progress in their own worlds when it comes to bosses but they’ll still be earning valuable rewards to bring back. 

I think for the type of game this is the system works fine.

It’s “fine” but still a disappointment. Hopefully we finally get a good, co-op focused open world game soon. 

Hazelight should make it :banderoos:

4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Is this true co-op? I’d be down to play this with another player, since I suck at From Soft games.

yeah, the guy I've been playing co-op games recently has played these Souls games, so I figured I could use his help to get me through the game. He'd probably also be the type of person who would help my game progress, and then he'd progress through the game on his own.

If anything I might speak with him so that he can progress through the game first, and beef up his character, so that he can help me more easily.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

yeah, the guy I've been playing co-op games recently has played these Souls games, so I figured I could use his help to get me through the game. He'd probably also be the type of person who would help my game progress, and then he'd progress through the game on his own.

If anything I might speak with him so that he can progress through the game first, and beef up his character, so that he can help me more easily.

lmfao needing your big brother to help you get through games. 

What a pathetic post :D 

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, ghostz said:

lmfao needing your big brother to help you get through games. 

What a pathetic post :D 

LOL I don't play video games with my family.

But I know you use your brothers xbox account, "andrew":hest:

Oh man, are you full of projection today.

6 minutes ago, ghostz said:

A desperate attempt to change the subject after admitting you need help playing the game. Lmfao!

LOL he's now trying to run away after I correctly said that he had been using his brothers xbox account (before he ended up changing the account name)

I absolutely would love help playing those games, I don't have the slightest bit of patience for those games.

The game looks so fucking incredible though.  Apparently reviewers are saying it's so massive there's no way they're going to be able to complete it in time for the embargo lol.

One said he was over 40 hours in and had only defeated two of the major bosses. lol

12 minutes ago, Remij said:

The game looks so fucking incredible though.  Apparently reviewers are saying it's so massive there's no way they're going to be able to complete it in time for the embargo lol.

One said he was over 40 hours in and had only defeated two of the major bosses. lol

It's gonna feel so good to explore that world with From Software's amazing art style, discovering all the castles, caves and little secrets while getting high on dopamine hits from all the loot and weapons you'll find along the way while fending off enemies left and right :aitch: 

14 minutes ago, bhytre said:

It's gonna feel so good to explore that world with From Software's amazing art style, discovering all the castles, caves and little secrets while getting high on dopamine hits from all the loot and weapons you'll find along the way while fending off enemies left and right :aitch: 

Yep.  Imagine just how many secrets there are scattered around the massive map... not even considering the main dungeons... or that there could be separate areas/things you're warped to which aren't even on the main map.

It's gonna be incredible :wow2:

• aitch 1