Jump to content

Official Elden Ring Thread


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Sabo said:

You missed the point Twinblade was making then. He obviously WANTED to experience all of the content. I mean, who doesn't try to experience all of the content a game offers? It's a very normal thing to do when you play a game.  Elden Ring's content is repetitive though and he didn't find the content interesting. It's a completely fair complaint and one I agree with.

 

It just seems like you're trying to brush the issue under the rug which isn't being fair. We would all complain about this if this was another game, Elden Ring shouldn't get special treatment.

The game offers content based on your difficulty. You can do everything then cruise through end game or do little and make it more challenging. It’s optional, if he wants to do it all…what is stopping him!? If it’s repetitive.. he doesn’t need to do it. I’m not sure what the angle here is. I’m 110 hours in and I don’t find it repetitive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Platinum’d this bitch. Now, I can take a break from gaming  

Thought this was funny. If Ubisoft developed Elden Ring:  

remember the time when GD would say souls games is not his type. just reading his posts is so full of excitement. lol it makes me happy 

Posted Images

Okay? The point is to make the distinction between objective and subjective.

 

There is a lot of repetitive content. That is objective. Rather you enjoy or dislike this repetitive content though is subjective.

 

Twinblade doesn't find repetitive content interesting, a subjective perspective that I also share. This is fine.

 

You and Remi apparently enjoyed the repetitive content. A shared subjective perspective. This is also fine.

 

My personal issue is how Elden Ring is being shown favoritism. Repetitive content is almost always seen as a negative in games. The gaming community will always complain about it. Ubisoft games are a perfect example, no one hesitates to call out the repetition in their games and hold it against them. Yet Elden Ring seems to be getting a pass for this exact  issue by the gaming community because... What? It's made by FromSoftware? Look, I love FromSoftware but I'm not going to excuse them and gloss over an issue that I will happily complain about in another game. That's just not genuine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sabo said:

Okay? The point is to make the distinction between objective and subjective.

 

There is a lot of repetitive content. That is objective. Rather you enjoy or dislike this repetitive content though is subjective.

 

Twinblade doesn't find repetitive content interesting, a subjective perspective that I also share. This is fine.

 

You and Remi apparently enjoyed the repetitive content. A shared subjective perspective. This is also fine.

 

My personal issue is how Elden Ring is being shown favoritism. Repetitive content is almost always seen as a negative in games. The gaming community will always complain about it. Ubisoft games are a perfect example, no one hesitates to call out the repetition in their games and hold it against them. Yet Elden Ring seems to be getting a pass for this exact  issue by the gaming community because... What? It's made by FromSoftware? Look, I love FromSoftware but I'm not going to excuse them and gloss over an issue that I will happily complain about in another game. That's just not genuine. 

I mean... all I said was that it depends on how you played and experienced the game which might give players a different perspective.  I don't understand why you're saying I enjoyed the repetitive content by simply saying that?

 

I don't see how I'm showing it any favoritism either...  I've already explained how it's an issue with how the game is designed to be open and played in any fashion you want.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Remij said:

I mean... all I said was that it depends on how you played and experienced the game which might give players a different perspective.  I don't understand why you're saying I enjoyed the repetitive content by simply saying that?

 

I don't see how I'm showing it any favoritism either...  I've already explained how it's an issue with how the game is designed to be open and played in any fashion you want.

 

Because it seemed like you're downplaying it as if it's not that big of an issue. You're still doing it even now.

 

We're talking about an open world game that is actually paper thin on the type of content it offers. Everything is just combat related. 

 

-Mini-dungeons (there is like 3 types, 4 if you wanna count Heroes Graves) and I've already talked about those.

 

-There's copy pasted Ruins where you do the same thing at every single one of them- go down some stairs that lead to a door where you either fight another throw away "Boss" or enter an empty room with a chest.

 

-There's Evergaols where you just enter them and fight a "Boss".

 

And... that's pretty much it. Oh, we have Rise Towers which are different at least since they're not combat focused but unfortunately the reward for these are all the same- Memory Stones. So unless you're running a Magic Build then Rise Towers can be ignored because there's no point in doing them orherwise. The game needed more stuff like this, stuff that isn't all combat focused but it severely lacks in this department.

 

So how exactly is a player suppose to experience and play this type of content differently when all the content is designed the same? How is doing the same thing going to change a players perspective?

 

This is what Twinblade's original point was about- the content in this game isn't interesting enough to justify the game's length. 

Edited by Sabo
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Because it seemed like you're downplaying it as if it's not that big of an issue. You're still doing it even now.

 

We're talking about an open world game that is actually paper thin on the type of content it offers. Everything is just combat related. 

 

-Mini-dungeons (there is like 3 types, 4 if you wanna count Heroes Graves) and I've already talked about those.

 

-There's copy pasted Ruins where you do the same thing at every single one of them- go down some stairs that lead to a door where you either fight another throw away "Boss" or enter an empty room with a chest.

 

-There's Evergaols where you just enter them and fight a "Boss".

 

And... that's pretty much it. Oh, we have Rise Towers which are different at least since they're not combat focused but unfortunately the reward for these are all the same- Memory Stones. So unless you're running a Magic Build then Rise Towers can be ignored because there's no point in doing them orherwise. The game needed more stuff like this, stuff that isn't all combat focused but it severely lacks in this department.

 

So how exactly is a player suppose to experience and play this type of content differently when all the content is designed the same? How is doing the same thing going to change a players perspective?

 

This is what Twinblade's original point was about- the content in this game isn't interesting enough to justify the game's length. 

ban-h-im.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ghostz said:

ban-h-im.gif

Aaand thank you for reminding me why trying to have a serious conversation about a game on the internet is almost always a waste of time.

 

Fuckin' hate fanboys LOL...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So i just about touched 10 hours in this game. Thats about 9 more hours than i expected. I still dont know what im supposed to be doing. All i know is i am supposed to beat Godrick and take some fingers back to the Round Table. I ran into him once and got smashed bad so im assuming im not even close to being powerful enough to beat him.

 

Most of the what i assume are side missions when you talk to the Jerry's are not really too clear on what they expect you do . Most of them im just like ehhh ok guess ill figure that out later. Basically ive just been exploring the world which is fun so far but a quest marker would have been appreciated. 

 

I watched a couple youtube vids and some of the shit is like whattt? One thing i saw was you had to do something specific, then go to a merchant, then get a finger snap emote, then find a Jerry far away on top of some structure, then use the snap emote, then go to a boss room, then summon that Jerry to beat the boss. I know thats just one of the options but what the fuck :D

 

I did finally beat the Tree Sentinal, so there is that i guess. Ill continue on, and while i am guessing i can easily get around 10 more hours of just exploring and opening up the full map....that wont feel like a waste of money to me if i call it quits after that. Hopefully shit starts to click tho.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JonbX said:

So i just about touched 10 hours in this game. Thats about 9 more hours than i expected. I still dont know what im supposed to be doing. All i know is i am supposed to beat Godrick and take some fingers back to the Round Table. I ran into him once and got smashed bad so im assuming im not even close to being powerful enough to beat him.

 

Most of the what i assume are side missions when you talk to the Jerry's are not really too clear on what they expect you do . Most of them im just like ehhh ok guess ill figure that out later. Basically ive just been exploring the world which is fun so far but a quest marker would have been appreciated. 

 

I watched a couple youtube vids and some of the shit is like whattt? One thing i saw was you had to do something specific, then go to a merchant, then get a finger snap emote, then find a Jerry far away on top of some structure, then use the snap emote, then go to a boss room, then summon that Jerry to beat the boss. I know thats just one of the options but what the fuck :D

 

I did finally beat the Tree Sentinal, so there is that i guess. Ill continue on, and while i am guessing i can easily get around 10 more hours of just exploring and opening up the full map....that wont feel like a waste of money to me if i call it quits after that. Hopefully shit starts to click tho.

yeah, there are really no rules on how to play it. i went into the game with only exploration in mind. i truly had 0 interest in fighting any bosses. then i started beating them and it became addictive. also, i was OP af. i used vids to rune farm, and how to get sick spells/armor/weapons. yeah, the hardcore From fans will frown upon that. however, fuck it. it got me to enjoy the early parts of the game and make progress. eventually, i was doing it on my own.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ill have to watch some youtube vids on weapons and stuff. I made my original sword +3 and it seems to do well against normal enemies. I have a staff and thats pretty weak and not too accurate. I just recently got a mace and a longsword but havent messed with them yet. For the tree sentinal i just summoned the wolves and smashed him over and over. It did the job but i didnt feel too accomplished lol.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, there are really no rules on how to play it. i went into the game with only exploration in mind. i truly had 0 interest in fighting any bosses. then i started beating them and it became addictive. also, i was OP af. i used vids to rune farm, and how to get sick spells/armor/weapons. yeah, the hardcore From fans will frown upon that. however, fuck it. it got me to enjoy the early parts of the game and make progress. eventually, i was doing it on my own.

 

Yea I don't think there's a specific right way to play this game. Rune farming can be done so many different ways that seem to be part of the game. 

 

I'm surprised how avoidable even most boss fights are here, outside the story ones. 

 

Edited by Vini
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Ill have to watch some youtube vids on weapons and stuff. I made my original sword +3 and it seems to do well against normal enemies. I have a staff and thats pretty weak and not too accurate. I just recently got a mace and a longsword but havent messed with them yet. For the tree sentinal i just summoned the wolves and smashed him over and over. It did the job but i didnt feel too accomplished lol.

 

Yea get a little overpowered in the beginning it's more enjoyable, don't worry the game will catch up and then some. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vini said:

 

Yea get a little overpowered in the beginning it's more enjoyable, don't worry the game will catch up and then some. 

Exactly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JonbX said:

At what level should i be to defeat Godrick

 That depends. If you spent time doing some mini-dungeons and are fighting everything within the Castle then you're probably around 25-30.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@ghostz I just got the calling bell/carian knight ash you recommended. Wtf? This one shots even later enemies :D 

I just got the ancestor ashes and it killed the boss in one hit lmao 

 

it’s absurd 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I just got the ancestor ashes and it killed the boss in one hit lmao 

 

it’s absurd 

Oh shit. Where can I find those? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Oh shit. Where can I find those? 

Oh no, I mean I just went back and did an optional boss and got the ancestor ashes. It’s a boss in the sofia river or whatever. It’s supposed to be a beautiful fight so I wanted to see it but I killed him with one shot lmao. 
 

the ashes were just the reward, I don’t know the bosses name. 

Edited by ghostz
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...